News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Dial plan explanation

Started by QBZappy, December 02, 2010, 10:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littleboy

Hi RonR, I am really grateful, will try this immediately.

btw yes, I know it is not good to replace a standard feature, but as i said i am never going to touch the line-in port and need to make international calls multiple times in a day, so really helps in this case.

Thanks once again, will get back here as to how it works.
Regards.

littleboy

Hey Thank you very much RonR, it works like a charm.
Regards.

ProfTech

Ron, your explanation of the "sequence of events" you gave on Feb 20 is the best explanation of how it all works I have seen anywhere and I now see how you arrived at your take on leaving the Phone port digit map at it's default. However in the case of slightly more complex setups it isn't particularly intuitive. I won't expound on it here but I could not get it to work in the case where a trunk group was involved either.

RonR

Quote from: ProfTech on May 12, 2012, 09:56:57 AM
Ron, your explanation of the "sequence of events" you gave on Feb 20 is the best explanation of how it all works I have seen anywhere and I now see how you arrived at your take on leaving the Phone port digit map at it's default. However in the case of slightly more complex setups it isn't particularly intuitive. I won't expound on it here but I could not get it to work in the case where a trunk group was involved either.

I use some very complex DigitMap schemes here, as well as multiple Trunk Groups, and haven't run into any serious problems that I recall at the moment.  If you want to post some scenarios that fail, I'll see if I can spot the reason for their failure.

ProfTech

Thanks Ron,
I don't want to waste your time but thought I would post this just for fun. A Few notes;

Local area code is 217 but not all 217 calls are local / free. ATT here allows but does not require dialing 11 digits for a local call but my wife requires that 7 digits work. :-)
Callcentric on the other hand, requires 11 digits for all calls. I don't make international calls.
Local [7 digit] calls and Toll free calls should go to the PSTN if it is available and automatically to Callcentric if the PSTN is in use. All 1+ [except Toll Free] calls should be sent to Callcentric even if they are in AC 217 [tricky part].

This is what I have that works.

ITSP Profile A -> DigitMap -> ((MLdist)|*7[89]|411)
Line Port -> DigitMap ->      ((1217[2-9]xxxxxx)|(MTfree))

User defined Maps:
Ldist -> (1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx)
TFree -> (18(00|55|66|77|88)xxxxxxx)
ObiM  -> ([49]11|*7[89]|<1217>[2-9]xxxxxx|<**1>1217[2-9]xxxxxx)

Phone Port:
DigitMap -> ([1-9]S9|1[0-9]S9|#|(MObiM)|(MLdist)|**2(Msp2)|**9(Mpp)|***)
OutboundCallRoute -> {(<#:>|911):li},{(Mpli):pli},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{***:aa2}
PrimaryLine -> Trunk Group 1

Trunk Group 1:
TrunkList -> li,sp1
DigitMap  -> ((Mli)|(Msp1))

RonR

ProfTech,

You requirements present a bit of a challenge given the unusual and undocumented way that Trunk Groups process DigitMaps.  Here's a configuration that works (I tested it) with an unmodified PHONE Port DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute.  I think it's considerably simpler than yours (but I'm biased).

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : Trunk Group 1

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap : (*7[89]|411|1xxxxxxxxxx|1<LCL2:217>[2-9]xxxxxx)

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> DigitMap:
(<1LCL1>[2-9]xxxxxx|1<LCL1:LCL2>[2-9]xxxxxx|1<LCL2:217>[2-9]xxxxxx|18(00|55|66|77|88)xxxxxxx)

Trunk Group1
TrunkList : li,sp1
DigitMap : ((Mli)|<**1>(Msp1))

911  ->  LINE
            7 digits  ->  LINE + SP1 (1217 + 7 digits in both cases)
          Toll Free  ->  LINE + SP1
*7[89]/411/1+  ->  SP1

ProfTech

Looks cool. Are the LCL etc pre-built internal pieces?

RonR

Quote from: ProfTech on May 13, 2012, 04:55:45 PM
Are the LCL etc pre-built internal pieces?

No, they're simply arbitrary literal strings I used to help steer the processing.  I used 'LCL' to designate 'local'.

ProfTech

Ron,
I plugged it in and everything worked fine [didn't have any doubt  ;)] but I was still a little mystified about the LCL nomenclature. After I slept on it, it dawned on me what you were doing. I could tell there was some tricky stuff going on when a trunk group was involved but wasn't sure what it was. I can see from your code it is making multiple passes through the interpreter but I hadn't thought about "Pasting up" letters or replacing letters with numbers, either. Then I realized The Obitalk service pastes in "ob" by default.

Thanks

RonR

Quote from: ProfTech on May 14, 2012, 07:36:45 AM
I could tell there was some tricky stuff going on when a trunk group was involved but wasn't sure what it was.

Unfortunately, there's quite a bit in the OBi that's undocumented and not obvious at first glance.  Often times, you have to spend a great deal of time doing trial and error, relying on empirical data to figure out how things actually work.

coolclay

My voip provider does strange things when caller id is blocked.

my concern is if call id block is active when calling 911.

my provider uses a northern 911 service which will not see my location if call id is blocked.

how do I disable it for 911 calls?

I have been trying to do a replacement string with no success.

Codes for unblock are *82 and *68(one time)

<911:*68S1911> which does not work
i have been using my cell number to test with and replacing the second 911 with my cell number.

How do I actually accomplish this?

dima_nyc

I wonder if one of the Guru's can help me with complicated dial plan:

Obi202 (500 333 ***)

Line 1
GV
   •   outgoing calls beginning with "1" following 10 digits (xxxxxxxxxx)
   •   7 digit number will have automatically added 1(212) or (212) US area code
   •   
Line 2
Callcentric
   •   direct incoming calls and forwarded from GV, call out to callcentric 1777
   •   
Line 3 primary line
SIP Telphin (acct # 1, no incoming sip number)
   •   outgoing calls beginning with "8" following 10 digits (xxxxxxxxxx) "8" retained
   •   "011" dialed, it replaced with "810" (its equivalent of "+") and then any nuber of digits international number
   •   6 digit number will have automatically added 84862 before (xxxxxx)
   •   
Line 4
Direct connection to Obi110 (200 222 ***)
   •   Incoming and outgoing calls direct connection to POTS line of Obi110 (200 222 ***) (outgoing calls can begin for example with "9" dial tone).
   •   Incoming calls special ring.

Obi100 (300 314 ***)

Line 1
GV primary line
   •   outgoing US calls (with or without  "1")
   •   7 digit number will have automatically added 1(212) or (212) US area code
Line 2
Callcentric
   •   direct incoming calls and forwarded from GV
Additional:
when "011" dialed, call being routed via Obi202  (500 333 ***) Line 3 - SIP Telphin with "011" replaced with "810" following any number of digits international number

Obi110 (200 222 ***)

Line 1 primary line
SIP Telphin (acct # 2, no incoming sip number)
   •   outgoing calls beginning with "8" following 10 digits (xxxxxxxxxx)  "8" retained, no modification
   •   calls beginning with "810" following any number of digits dialed without modification
   •   6 digit number will have automatically added 84862 before (xxxxxx)
   •   outgoing calls beginning with "1" following 10 digits (xxxxxxxxxx) have "810" added before "1" (8101xxxxxxxxxx) - US number

Line 2
Callcentric
   •   direct incoming calls and forwarded from GV, call out to callcentric 1777
POTS line
direct connection to/from Obi202 (500 333 ***) Line 4 to/from POTS line

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Since RonR was evicted from forums not much hel with complex issues

JSmith

Hi,

You may also check this video on what dial plan is. It is based on Ozeki Phone System XE and it fairly explains dial plan and VoIP:
http://www.ozekiphone.com/product-information-340.html

BR

Ostracus

Quote from: JSmith on October 12, 2012, 06:19:12 AM
Hi,

You may also check this video on what dial plan is. It is based on Ozeki Phone System XE and it fairly explains dial plan and VoIP:
http://www.ozekiphone.com/product-information-340.html

BR

Well "what is a dial plan" is pretty easy. It's when one gets to the nuts and bolts level is things get more complicated.

zapattack

I need help with a simple question: using Outside Dial tone.
Present configuration:
Line - for 3 and 7D special service calls, with direct # access.
SP1 - for GV
SP2 - (default) for all 10D, 11D and 011 calls.

I would like to dial an access code other than **1, such as '48' (GV), get
Outside Dial tone, then continue. Where would I put {t=od}?

ianobi

You would put it in the Phone Port DigitMap such as:

**1{t=od}(Msp1)

I would be careful about replacing **1 with 48. It may conflict with other numbers. If you do replace **1 with 48 in the Phone Port DigitMap, then remember in the Phone Port OutboundCallRoute to change **1 to 48 in this rule:

{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1}

zapattack

Great. Did exactly as advertised!
I realize modifying default codes is rarely a good idea, but I really wanted to add my '48'.

Finally made this work:
|<48{t=od}S9:**1>|**1{t=od}(Msp1)|
48 & **1 go to my default SP2 of course, so further routed from there to SP1 (GV) successfully.

This code will work until this area has a '48x' local area code!
Strangely it was necessary to add the S9, as default timeing was 2 seconds in the substitution format.

KenC_OB

Hopefully, this is simple, one line in/out, no Google Voice, nothing fancy - I just want to verify this, as I'm new to dial plans:

I have set up my In-Laws with an Obi100 and CallCenctric VOIP. I'm trying to keep things as simple as possible for my In-Laws, they are elderly with declining sight and hearing, and don't deal with change well.

I've tested the system, setting up the Obi100 manually per the CallCentric directions here:

http://www.callcentric.com/support/device/obihai/obi100

The port of their number is in process, so I want to tweak the dial plan when I go over there to disconnect their phone wires from the POTS and connect them to their Obi100.

Their Area Code and Exchange are 847-478-xxxx (great for dyslexics, right?) ;)

To goof-proof their dialing, and accommodate any combination they might do, I'd like the following input/responses:

I'll use AAA for Area Code, and EEE for Exchange -

They dial 11 digits -  1AAAEEExxxx - should go through as dialed
They dial 10 digits -   AAAEEExxxx - Obi100 should add the 1 and dial 1AAAEEExxxx

They dial  7 digits -      EEExxxx - Obi100 should add the 1847 and dial 1847EEExxxx
They dial  4 digits -         xxxx - Obi100 should add the 1847478 and dial 1847478xxxx

This should allow them to just dial 4 digits to their local friends in the same exchange.

The default Callcentric Dial Map is (under Service Providers > ITSP Profile > General):

(*xx.|**275*x.|[3469]11|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

so I'm planning on (changes in BOLD):

(*xx.|**275*x.|[3469]11|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1847>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1847478>xxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

I'm not sure what the default timeout is, four seconds? Should I use Sx codes with this, they are pretty slow and I don't want the 4 digits to trigger a dial sequence if they are still dialing a different exchange or area code.

TIA for any help - KenC

PS - secondarily, is there a guide to these codes somewhere? I've read through most of this thread, and I've reverse engineered most of it, but it sure would be nice to see a syntax spelled out somewhere - thanks again.

zapattack

Admin manual has everything.
http://www.obihai.com/OBiAdminGuide.htm#_Toc333506161
Default timeout is 9 or 10 seconds, which is why it is a good idea to specifically code 10 or 11 digit dialing with an S0   (capital S Zero) at the end. Otherwise, S2 works for most other codes.
Consider using the RonR configuration utility, although the 4-digit dialing is a bit unusual.

Try changing:  |<1847>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1847478>xxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

to
|<1847>[2-9]xxxxxxS0|<1847478>xxxxS0|011xx.S2|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

ianobi

There are two interdigit timers 10 seconds and 2 seconds. In your digit map most of the dialled numbers will automatically be using the 2 second interdigit timer.

Be very careful of using S0 to force the interdigit timer to 0 seconds. A rule such as <1847478>xxxxS0 will match any number as soon as the first four digits have been dialled and no other rules can be used.

We can all be a bit slow dialling from the phone. I know I sometimes stop to re-read a number halfway through dialling! I suggest a 4 second interdigit timer where duplication of the first few digits is possible. You know them, so you might want to make that longer. I suggest for your In-Laws:

Service Providers > ITSP Profile A > General > DigitMap:
(*xx.|**275*x.|[3469]11|1xxxxxxxxxxS0|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxxS0|<1847>[2-9]xxxxxxS4|<1847478>xxxxS4|011xx.|xx.)

I've dropped |(Mipd)|[^*#]@@. From the digit map as these are for ip address and sip uri address calling, which I guess will not be needed here.

The four digit dialling is unusual. Is there a chance any of the four digit numbers starts 311x, 411x, 611x or 911x ? If so, there are obvious problems!