October 22, 2014, 06:48:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Straightforward, simple how-to dial out to call from Obi and Obion  (Read 9048 times)
SomeDude

« on: March 14, 2011, 11:01:48 am »

Fellow Obi'ers!

First, I am grateful for my persistence in even being able to buy this little box of magic off Amazon!
Second, I really haven't found a simple, how-to on using this device as much as most of us would like. Let me explain...

I am fairly technical, albeit not very strong in all things VoIP, so I am quickly trying to get my head around all the lingo and how it works.

I have very mixed results with Verizon at my vacation home. However, I do of course have Internet and WiFi setup. My thinking regarding the Obi110 was to fill that void and allow myself and my wife to "dial out off our phones via Obion and call people"...

Currently, I only have my Obi setup with MY Google Voice account. It's not plugged into my landline (PSTN!) at home, because eventually I would like to eliminate that too! Really my questions are probably naive, but need to understand the 'how-to' part of all this.

If I connect via WiFi at my vacation home, fire up my Obion app on my Droid, how do I get that to actually be able to dial directly to someone else (not on Obi) ?

What do I need to setup to accomplish this? Can I add another Google Voice # (for my wife) so she can call out/receive calls?

If I eliminate my PSTN at home, do I sign-up for something like callcentric to facilitate the obi calls to people's landlines?

Sorry if I am cloudy here, but I am trying to sort out how to accomplish being able to call someone via my Obi/Obion to their landline over WiFi (states only).

Thanks in advance

ShermanObi
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 12:01:41 pm »

1. Log in to www.obitalk.com
    Here, you will see the OBi Dashboard.  Your OBi110 will be listed here as well as your Soft Phone, e.g. the "290" number.
2. Select your Soft Phone.  This will take you to the Soft Phone Configuration page.
3. Assuming you have added your OBi110 to your OBiTALK dashboard, you will be able to select it as your "OBi Voice Gateway."  Select your OBi110 and submit / save the change.  Your OBi110 will reboot automatically.
4.  Now, sign-in to OBiTALK with your OBiON for Android app.  If you were previously signed in, you will need to sign-out and sign-in again. 

You should now be able to dial a number on the key pad of the OBiON app and it will route via GV on your OBi110 to the PSTN.

More information here:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=47.msg837#msg837

... and here:
http://voxilla.com/2011/03/02/smartphone-apps-make-calls-through-obi-devices-2-2699

SomeDude

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 09:27:20 pm »

VoIP manipulation by my isp, prob using DPI
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: