News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Outbound working, No inbound and fast beeps when i pick up to make a call

Started by RichWEST, June 08, 2012, 04:05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichWEST

Just installed the OBI110 with GV and i can make calls from a desktop phone but when I pick up the phone it beeps several times before i get a dial tone.

Also I can not receive inbound calls.  I have read the posts and tried to log in via the IP but it does not except my logon info so i can't try the tips posted.  I am using my email address as the user name.  Is that correct?

thanks,

rich

pc44

Hi RichWEST,

Usually with Google Voice, if you pick up your phone and hear a series of fast beeps before dial tone, this indicates that you have voicemail.  The Voicemail Indicator feature can be enabled or disabled inside the OBI110.  The only difficulty that people experience sometimes is that the voicemail indicator does not immediately clear after you have checked your voicemails.  If you can, please double-check that you have no voicemails remaining in your GV inbox, and then let us know!

(You can check your GV voicemail from your OBI phone by dialing your own GV number.)

Regarding logging into your OBI via IP, are you trying the factory default login of admin and admin?

Once you've checked all of this, give us an update! :)
pc44

carl

"The only difficulty that people experience sometimes is that the voicemail indicator does not immediately clear after you have checked your voicemails.  If you can, please double-check that you have no voice mails remaining in your GV inbox, and then let us "

My voice mail indicator has not cleared for weeks no matter what I do. Another example of growing little problems with GV. :(

pc44

Quote from: carl on June 09, 2012, 06:22:46 PMMy voice mail indicator has not cleared for weeks no matter what I do. Another example of growing little problems with GV. :(

Sorry to hear it Carl. :(  Mine has been doing okay for some time now, and whenever it does go wacky, I uncheck the SPx Service -> MessageWaiting, and that resolves it for me.  I do hope GV eventually invests more effort into improving reliability and feature set (without a horrendous fee either).

carl

PC44 :You must be a magician because at midnight tonight, the indicator cleared and the stutter tone is gone. Without me doing anything. ???

pc44

Quote from: carl on June 09, 2012, 10:14:04 PM
PC44 :You must be a magician because at midnight tonight, the indicator cleared and the stutter tone is gone. Without me doing anything. ???

Abra carl cadabra carl ... bam.  I really can't take the credit myself.  It's all in the magic OBI wand I've been using.  But seriously, not sure what's going on there... just glad your indicator cleared finally!! :)

dbabits

Hi,
Everything was working fine, until suddenly I started experiencing the same problem.
Short beeps and no inbound calls getting through.
Wrt short beeps, I read here that it's because there's VM in google voice, and doesn't indicate a malfunction- confirmed. (though what a terrible idea that was to use short beeps, I looked at every cable and rebooted all I could..)

Now, calls not getting through problem remains.
Please help.

thank you.

SteveInWA

Quote from: dbabits on November 26, 2017, 06:26:06 PM
Hi,
Everything was working fine, until suddenly I started experiencing the same problem.
Short beeps and no inbound calls getting through.
Wrt short beeps, I read here that it's because there's VM in google voice, and doesn't indicate a malfunction- confirmed. (though what a terrible idea that was to use short beeps, I looked at every cable and rebooted all I could..)

Now, calls not getting through problem remains.
Please help.

thank you.

You are posting in a five-year-old, unrelated discussion.  A lot has changed since then.  OBi devices no longer support message waiting stutter dial tones.  You also supplied no useful information to troubleshoot your issue.  Please start a new discussion.