News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

setup 110 with dialing rules

Started by wcnngt, June 09, 2012, 06:43:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wcnngt

Here is what I like to do, can anyone tell me how to setup the dialing rules?
my obi110 is setup with gv as sip1 and callcentric as sip2.

if I dial international, use sip2 (callcentric)
if I dial US number, then if the number matches one of my three cell phone numbers, use PSTN port,
otherwise, use sip1 (GV)

The reason for this setup is that I connect my cell phone through bluetooth link to the PSTN port. And family plan allows unlimited talk between cell phones.

pc44

Hi wcnngt,

Here we go... :-X

Set your Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap to the following:

(<**8>(CELL_PHONE_ONE|CELL_PHONE_TWO|CELL_PHONE_THREE)|<1ABC>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|<**2>011xx.)

Replace CELL_PHONE_ONE, CELL_PHONE_TWO, and CELL_PHONE_THREE with the cell numbers you mentioned. Replace ABC with your area code.  Make sure your Primary Line is SP1 (it should be by default, unless you changed it).

Test and report back with my failures :'(
pc44

wcnngt

Thank you so much. I will try it out tomorrow. One more question, for the cell phone, can it fail back to sip1 if there is no dial tone on PSTN?

pc44

Quote from: wcnngt on June 11, 2012, 05:53:25 AM
Thank you so much. I will try it out tomorrow. One more question, for the cell phone, can it fail back to sip1 if there is no dial tone on PSTN?

I would first see if the above digit map works or not and take this one step at a time... so as not to confuse things.  (I'm talking about getting myself confused ;D)

Right now, using the digit map above, you would want to keep Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine set to SP1.

But to answer your next question, if the PSTN is not available, there is an option for the OBI to use another available service.  I'm not sure if the lack of a dial tone would be sufficient, but here is something you could try.  This would change the default line for all outgoing calls.  So, if you decide to go this route, I think you will need to re-work the digit map above.

Voice Services -> Gateways and Trunk Groups -> Trunk Group1 -> li,sp1

pc44

wcnngt

I tried the first setup and it works perfectly. Thank you so much.

Now If I try to dial cellphone without a cellphone connected (no dial tone on PSTN), the call will fail. Would you let me know the setup for fail proof the PSTN line? Thanks.

pc44

Quote from: wcnngt on June 11, 2012, 02:12:34 PM
I tried the first setup and it works perfectly. Thank you so much.
You mean it worked?? :o

Okay, let's try the next feature you want and see what happens.  I'm still learning how to reference the trunk groups from within the digit map.  Let's give this a try.

Voice Services -> Gateways and Trunk Groups -> Trunk Group1 -> TrunkList -> li,sp1

Then, change your Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap to

((CELL_PHONE_ONE|CELL_PHONE_TWO|CELL_PHONE_THREE):tg1|<1ABC>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|<**2>011xx.)

Test and let me know what happens,
pc44

wcnngt

I tried it. International and US numbers work. But if I dial cellphone, it is not going through PSTN. Any thoughts?

pc44

Hmm, maybe we need to change the DigitMap also for Trunk Group 1:

Voice Services -> Gateways and Trunk Groups -> Trunk Group1 -> DigitMap -> (xx.)

If not, we'll try another route,
pc44

wcnngt

I tried adding the new trunk digitmap. dialing cellphone still goes through GV. What's your other route?

Thanks.

pc44

Hmmm... we are not striking gold here.

Here is the other route... it's messy though:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap -> Revert to default (place check in Default)
Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine -> Trunk Group 1

Voice Services -> Gateways and Trunk Groups -> Trunk Group1 -> TrunkList -> li,sp1
Voice Services -> Gateways and Trunk Groups -> Trunk Group1 -> DigitMap -> ((CELL_PHONE_ONE|CELL_PHONE_TWO|CELL_PHONE_THREE)|<**11ABC>[2-9]xxxxxx|<**11>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<**1>1xxxxxxxxxx|<**2>011xx.)

That should route everything through Trunk Group 1, which should try the PSTN first before failover to GV.  US 7, 9, and 10-digit numbers should go through your SP1, and international should go through SP2.

If anyone else sees any problems/mistakes in my configuration, please let me know! :)
Thanks,
pc44

wcnngt

Dialing through cell phone works this time. But it won't fail over GV. It will give one waiting for connect tone, then silence for a few seconds, and beeping.

I think it is the xlink problem. Although it has no dial tone without a cellphone connected, obi sees it still as connected.

I think I will do without the cellphone specific connection. I learned a lot with your help. Here is the digitmap I come up myself:
(<1ABC>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|<**2>011xx.)
and I will put it in Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap.
Am I right?

pc44

Quote from: wcnngt on June 13, 2012, 06:07:37 AM
Dialing through cell phone works this time. But it won't fail over GV. It will give one waiting for connect tone, then silence for a few seconds, and beeping.

I think it is the xlink problem. Although it has no dial tone without a cellphone connected, obi sees it still as connected.

I think I will do without the cellphone specific connection. I learned a lot with your help. Here is the digitmap I come up myself:
(<1ABC>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|<**2>011xx.)
and I will put it in Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap.
Am I right?

Hi wcnngt,

If you are doing away with the specific cellphone rules, then yes, I believe your digit map will work! :)  Just make sure your Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine is SP1 once again so that your U.S. calls default to your GV.

Here is a post that might apply to the OBI detecting the PSTN status:  Call forward to mutiple numbers?

Sorry we could not get it working quite the way we hoped!
pc44

wcnngt

I checked what signal xlink gives when no cell phones are connected, it gives out busy line signal. Do you think obi can detect it?

pc44

Apart from trying each of the DetectOutboundConnectMethod options in the post referenced above, the only other thing that comes to my mind is the call forward on busy option.  If your xlink is issuing a true busy signal to the OBI, then perhaps you could use one of the OBI's call forward on busy options to redirect the call to GV.  Just a theory.

ianobi

@ wcnngt - I'm about six weeks late with this idea, but here goes anyhow!

If you look in the advanced settings in the xlink, there is one called "toggle battery". Check this and then the xlink will remove the battery feed to the obi when no cell phones are connected. Then you could revisit the Trunk Group idea as I'm sure the Obi will see lack of battery as no service on li and move onto sp1.

wcnngt

I just came back in town and tried the battery toggle, it works like a charm. Now it has all the functions that I need. Thank you all very much.

One more question, I have 911 service with callcentric and checked "Use This Service for Emergency 911 Calls" in its configuration page. Will it work with the trunk group setup?

OBI is so capable, maybe I should try to connect my fax machine and get it to work.

ianobi

wcnngt,

Check your Phone Port OutboundCallRoute. I guess when you set up 911 on Callcentric, then the OBI placed a {(911):sp2} rule there instead of the default sending out to li. In this case your trunk group does not come into play as it consists of li,sp1.

I have a very similar set up to you, using the Xlink to link mobiles into the line port. After discovering the "toggle battery" option I set up the same tg as you:

Here the emegency numbers are 999 & 112. Now in my Phone Port OutboundCallRoute I have a rule ...,{(999|112):tg1},...

This means that 999 will go out to line and my mobile phones first. If both mobiles are out of the house (but someone is still at home!) then 999 will go to sp1 which is Sipgate.co.uk, which is also set up for 999.

This means a trunk group can give you a back up to your normal emegency service, but it needs to be set up with care.

I believe RonR has a post here somewhere that shows a 911 with two backup routes using a trunk group.

wcnngt

I checked Phone Port OutboundCallRoute, the obitalk default is checked. I would like 911 calls to go through sp2 (cellcentric). The reasoning is that cell phones won't give out the exact location while the 911 service in cellcentric has a registered physical address.

So my need is to keep all the rules previously setup but also let sp2 handle 911 calls. I wish I can try the 911 calls.

jimates

go to your dashboard
click on the number on the left for your Obi
click on the gear icon to the right of sp2
check the box "Use This Service for Emergency 911 Calls "

Obitalk will change the call route for your 911 to sp2

wcnngt

That's what I did. Just want to make sure this won't interfere with the rules I setup below:

"Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap -> Revert to default (place check in Default)
Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine -> Trunk Group 1

Voice Services -> Gateways and Trunk Groups -> Trunk Group1 -> DigitMap -> ((CELL_PHONE_ONE|CELL_PHONE_TWO|CELL_PHONE_THREE)|<**11ABC>[2-9]xxxxxx|<**11>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<**1>1xxxxxxxxxx|<**2>011xx.)"