News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

setup 110 with dialing rules

Started by wcnngt, June 09, 2012, 06:43:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onepolarbear

Quote from: pc44 on June 10, 2012, 03:47:55 PM
Hi wcnngt,

Here we go... :-X

Set your Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap to the following:

(<**8>(CELL_PHONE_ONE|CELL_PHONE_TWO|CELL_PHONE_THREE)|<1ABC>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|<**2>011xx.)

Replace CELL_PHONE_ONE, CELL_PHONE_TWO, and CELL_PHONE_THREE with the cell numbers you mentioned. Replace ABC with your area code.  Make sure your Primary Line is SP1 (it should be by default, unless you changed it).

Test and report back with my failures :'(
pc44

sorry for bumping up an old thread.. but I have a very specific question.

I used the digimap you posted and it works great on my Obi110 + Xlink BTTN + Google Voice.   Now I can can from Obi110 to/from my cell phones without incurring any minutes. Obi110 just treats the Xlink BTTN(with my Verizon mobile phone) like a regular landline.    Thanks! :)

I modified it a little bit to prevent some accidental int'l calls:

(<**8>(CELL_PHONE_ONE|CELL_PHONE_TWO|CELL_PHONE_THREE)|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.)

Here's my question:

Since Google Voice can't dial local 911, I want to modify it so the Obi110 can route 911 through my Verizon cell phone.  Where and how do I add 911? Will the following work?  (911 in red is all I added to your digimaps)

(<**8>(911|CELL_PHONE_ONE|CELL_PHONE_TWO|CELL_PHONE_THREE)|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.)

Thanks again for your help! :)

ianobi

onepolarbear,

This is the default for an OBi110:

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > OutboundCallRoute:
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

This rule {(<#:>|911):li} semds 911 out to your Line Port without any reference to digit maps etc. So long as you have not checked any "Use this Service for 911" boxes during setting up providers, then the default should stand.

This will send 911 to your Xlink, which will use the first available connected cell phone to call 911. You could test by changing 911 to say 611. OBi Call History and your cell phone should record 611 going out. Remember to change 611 back to 911 after testing!

RFord

I don't get it.  Why would someone route 911 through their mobile phone which does not have the address information?  Anveno charges 0.80 per month or $9.60 per year, while Callcentric charges $1.50 per Month, $18.00 per year, where the address of the caller is pass-thru to the e911 operator.  What happens when Cellphone 1-cellphone3 is not at the residence, what then?  What happen when these cell phones are not "registered" for some reason (as I have seen happen with these Bluetooth devices)?  Talk about being pennywise and pound foolish!  At least the OP had Callcentric set up on SP2 and wasn't relying on cell phones for 911.  Maybe you should forgo lunch or dinning out for one day and use that to fund the VOIP e911 account......silly me!

Here, read this and listen to the 911 issues related to cell phone:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/broward/sunrise/fl-misdirected-911-call-sunrise-20130220,0,2578763.story

onepolarbear

Quote from: ianobi on February 21, 2013, 02:00:40 AMYou could test by changing 911 to say 611. OBi Call History and your cell phone should record 611 going out. Remember to change 611 back to 911 after testing!

Thanks!  

I changed 911 to 611... but the call won't go throught.  After I dial 611, there's three seconds of silence, followed by rapid busy tone.  My cell phone also does not register a call going out and the Xlink had no reaction to it.  (but all  regular 10-digit calls go out just fine)

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|611):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Could it be conflicting with my digimaps here?
Service Providers  >  ITSP Profile A General  > DigiMap
(<**8>(CELL_PHONE_ONE|CELL_PHONE_TWO|CELL_PHONE_THREE)|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.)

All 10-digit calls go out via Google Voice, with the exception of the 3 cell phone nunmbers, which are routed to the Xlink and the cell phone linked to it via Bluetooth.

*Edit:

just tried this and 611 goes through via the cell phone just fine... so I assume 911 will as well... :)

(<**8>(611|CELL_PHONE_ONE|CELL_PHONE_TWO|CELL_PHONE_THREE)|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.)

ianobi

onepolarbear,

Apologies, I forgot one important step. I would urge you to test again as I believe in a real situation the OBi will still use this rule {(<#:>|911):li} rather than your digitmap changes.

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > DigitMap:
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

To test this you need to change 911 to 611 in both the Phone Port DigitMap and the Phone Port OutboundCallRoute. OBi Call History and your cell phone should record 611 going out. Remember to change 611 back to 911 after testing!

The original Obihai method is better as it sends 911 direct to line with no delays or processing through digitmaps etc.

onepolarbear

Quote from: ianobi on February 22, 2013, 03:32:03 AM
onepolarbear,

Apologies, I forgot one important step. I would urge you to test again as I believe in a real situation the OBi will still use this rule {(<#:>|911):li} rather than your digitmap changes.

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > DigitMap:
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

To test this you need to change 911 to 611 in both the Phone Port DigitMap and the Phone Port OutboundCallRoute. OBi Call History and your cell phone should record 611 going out. Remember to change 611 back to 911 after testing!

The original Obihai method is better as it sends 911 direct to line with no delays or processing through digitmaps etc.

THANKS!  I just returned everything to factory default and changed the 911 in both lines.
I tested it with 511 and 611.  511 went to my state's interstate traffic info line and
611 went to Verizon Wireless.   Changed it back to 911 after I was done.  :)

Called the non-emergency/administrative number of my county's 911 dispatch.  The
supervisor said it's okay for me to do a 911 test call between 3AM and 5AM.  Will see
what happens. :)  He seemed very amused by my setup and wanted to know where
to order the Obi devices. I told him to check Amazon and then Google Voice. :)

I'm really loving the voice quality of my current configuration which include
Obi110, Xlink BTTN, Verizon Wireless mobile phone, and Skype phone adapter.
No matter which device the call is coming from, all cordless phones in my home
ring. I can also dial any 10-digit numbers I want and the Obi110 and Xlink will
automatically choose to dial out of Google Voice or my Verizon mobile phone.

Thanks again for all your help! :)

onepolarbear

Quote from: RFord on February 21, 2013, 04:32:25 AM
I don't get it.  Why would someone route 911 through their mobile phone which does not have the address information?  Anveno charges 0.80 per month or $9.60 per year, while Callcentric charges $1.50 per Month, $18.00 per year, where the address of the caller is pass-thru to the e911 operator.  What happens when Cellphone 1-cellphone3 is not at the residence, what then?  What happen when these cell phones are not "registered" for some reason (as I have seen happen with these Bluetooth devices)?  Talk about being pennywise and pound foolish!  At least the OP had Callcentric set up on SP2 and wasn't relying on cell phones for 911.  Maybe you should forgo lunch or dinning out for one day and use that to fund the VOIP e911 account......silly me!

Here, read this and listen to the 911 issues related to cell phone:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/broward/sunrise/fl-misdirected-911-call-sunrise-20130220,0,2578763.story

I have a Verizon Wireless phone that's hardwired to a desktop cradle at home.  It NEVER leaves the desk.
Just figured I put it to good use.  Right now it's only used so I don't have to pay anything to call between
all 4 Verizon Wireless phones on my account.(and friends/employees who also use Verizon)