News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi110 + google voice - how to access my voicemail?

Started by Kobi, June 09, 2012, 09:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kobi

Hi,

I have Obi110 with the latest firmware as of today (6/9/2012).
I had a Vonage number that I ported to T-mobile (just for GV porting, didn't actually used it) and ported it to GV.
So far so good. Few hours ago porting to GV was done and I was able to complete the setup on my Obi110.

Everything works perfect. No issues.
On my google talk/GV number I have "Voicemail Access: NO". (Although I think it should be "yes" in that case, what do you think?).

GV is on sp1. Callcentric is on sp2 for E911 only.

I'm struggling with a busy signal when calling from Obi110 to my GV number (that is "google chat").

Reading that forum and googling a lot I think I should be able to call my GV from Obi110 and press * to access my voicemail but all I get is a busy signal.

What am I doing wrong? Am I missing a specific config?

Thanks in advance for any tip,
Kobi

pc44

Hi Kobi,

Yes, I believe you are correct.  While it should work either way, I would certainly try changing the Voicemail Access to Yes under the GV Settings -> Phones -> Google Chat -> Edit.  See if that makes any difference.

Do you know if the number porting process has completely finished?  I think you said things were working, but I just wondered if you place a call to your GV number from your Callcentric SP2 account, does it go through properly?

Hope you get this fixed!
pc44

Kobi

Hi,

Yes, I tried with "Yes" and still getting that busy signal.
The porting is done. I can make/recv calls w/o issues.

Any idea what else am I missing?

Is it working seamlessly to other members here using obi110 + gv?

Thanks again,
Kobi

pc44

Hi Kobi,

Thanks for the update.  Yes, this feature does work seamlessly for other members here using OBI110 and GV (as well as Callcentric).

So let's keep troubleshooting your situation.  I hope you won't mind my thinking out loud here... my suggestions may not be helpful... but it's just what comes to mind.

1) I'm assuming that you also tried Voicemail Access: Pin Not Required for your Google Chat phone.

2) Can you double-check that Google Chat is the only phone you are forwarding to from Google Voice? 

3) Also, would it be too much trouble to temporarily remove or disable your Callcentric setup in the OBI, just to test?  I'm wondering if the call isn't somehow being re-routed to CC.  You haven't changed any dial plans in the OBI, right?

pc44

Kobi

Quote from: pc44 on June 10, 2012, 11:51:28 AM
Hi Kobi,

Thanks for the update.  Yes, this feature does work seamlessly for other members here using OBI110 and GV (as well as Callcentric).

So let's keep troubleshooting your situation.  I hope you won't mind my thinking out loud here... my suggestions may not be helpful... but it's just what comes to mind.

1) I'm assuming that you also tried Voicemail Access: Pin Not Required for your Google Chat phone.

2) Can you double-check that Google Chat is the only phone you are forwarding to from Google Voice? 

3) Also, would it be too much trouble to temporarily remove or disable your Callcentric setup in the OBI, just to test?  I'm wondering if the call isn't somehow being re-routed to CC.  You haven't changed any dial plans in the OBI, right?

pc44

Hi pc44,

Yeah, would like to continue troubleshooting it :)
I tried removing callcentric from sp2 but that did not help.

My number used to be a Vonage number and I ported it to a "pay as you go" t-mobile simcard and then immediately to GV. I did not use that number in GV before setting up obi110+GV.

What do you mean: "You haven't changed any dial plans in the OBI"? I did not touch any of the expert configs so far.

I'm using a Panasonic KX-TGA641 as my phone connected to obi110.

I'll take a look at the other posts.

Thanks,
Kobi

Kobi

OK. That one:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=1214.msg7616#msg7616

Is basically depict the issue that I have. In my case, I did not have any fwd number to that GV account before. It's a fresh a new GV account. So things should be easier IMO.
I wonder if I need to wait few days. The porting was done ~14 hrs ago.
It might be a GV issue, but then again, why me where others have no issues? ;-)

Kobi

pc44

Quote from: Kobi on June 10, 2012, 12:22:14 PMIt might be a GV issue, but then again, why me where others have no issues? ;-)

That's because you're special! ;D

My mistake on the dial plans... I think I should have said digit maps; but if you haven't changed any advanced settings, then I think you should be fine.

I'm glad to hear that you weren't forwarding to the old Vonage number before.  Personally, I would wait a while to see if this has something to do with some part of GV's system not having completely realized the number port.  Yes, the number has ported, but perhaps GV needs some more time.  At least, this is what we're hoping!!! :)

Maybe post back here after 24-48 hours with an update,
pc44

Kobi

Sounds good to me. Will wait.

Many many thanks for your support.

I will update here within few days.

Take care,
Kobi

DonB

I have a question, have you ever used the Voicemail aspect of Google Voice before ??  and you mentioned you are able to make and receive call through GV with your new ported number correct. If this is the case, then is is definitely something in your GV settings, that is missing

Quote from: Kobi on June 10, 2012, 12:53:27 PM
Sounds good to me. Will wait.

Many many thanks for your support.

I will update here within few days.

Take care,
Kobi

Kobi

Hi DonB,

Yep. I'm able to use GV voicemail features w/o issues. I.e. I'm able to call from a different phone and leave a message, call again press * when I hear the greeting and access my voicemail, as well accessing the voicemail and listen to msgs using google.com/voice.

Only thing that is missing for me, is accessing it from my Panasonic phone that is hooked to the obi110 box.

Thanks,
Kobi

Kobi

Just an update. It's still not working. (i.e. getting busy signal when calling my own gv number from obi110). I don't think it is a matter of time after the porting. It looks like a plain issue in GV IMHO.

pc44

Ugh ugh >:(

Sorry to hear that.  I'm not sure what else to try.  Even if this is a GV issue, and it cannot be resolved, there must be some sort of workaround available.  Maybe someone else here has some ideas.

If anything comes to mind, I'll be sure let you know!
pc44

pc44

Kobi,

What happens when you use your GV service to call someone else's number?  Does it display your Google Caller ID Number correctly on the receiving phone?  I'm just curious if your Google outgoing caller id is working properly.

pc44

Kobi

Quote from: pc44 on June 13, 2012, 02:57:07 PM
Kobi,

What happens when you use your GV service to call someone else's number?  Does it display your Google Caller ID Number correctly on the receiving phone?  I'm just curious if your Google outgoing caller id is working properly.

pc44

Yep. I can see my ported number on the receiving side without issues.

Kobi

BTW- I have nothing on my trusted callers list. that is OK right?

QBZappy

Kobi,

Quote from: Kobi on June 11, 2012, 12:01:40 PM
Only thing that is missing for me, is accessing it from my Panasonic phone that is hooked to the obi110 box.

Try playing with this setting: (Try Inband or RFC2833)
Service Providers->ITSP Profile A/B->DTMFMethod = ?
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Kobi

Quote from: QBZappy on June 29, 2012, 04:41:09 PM
Kobi,

Try playing with this setting: (Try Inband or RFC2833)
Service Providers->ITSP Profile A/B->DTMFMethod = ?

Both "A/B general" have it set on "auto" (obitalk settings is checked).

Do I need to touch that?

Kobi

QBZappy

Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Kobi

Quote from: QBZappy on June 29, 2012, 04:52:55 PM
Yes try that.

Tried both. changed A and B to inband - didn't work, and then tried RFC2833 and got the same busy signal.

Thx,
Kobi