News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi110 + google voice - how to access my voicemail?

Started by Kobi, June 09, 2012, 09:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QBZappy

Kobi,

I misunderstood your issue. I read one post out of context. I thought the VM could not recognize the touch tones. If dialing from the Panasonic results in a busy signal then what I suggested will do nothing for it. What keys are you dialing in order to reach the VM using that phone?
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Kobi

Quote from: QBZappy on June 29, 2012, 06:41:25 PM
Kobi,

I misunderstood your issue. I read one post out of context. I thought the VM could not recognize the touch tones. If dialing from the Panasonic results in a busy signal then what I suggested will do nothing for it. What keys are you dialing in order to reach the VM using that phone?

Just trying to dial my own number. I was reading somewhere that this is how I'm supposed to reach my google voice voicemail. Is there any specific keys I need to use as a prefix?

BTW- another data point - when trying to use google chat and dial self number, it's getting disconnected immediately as well. No busy signal but disconnect.

Thanks,
Kobi

RD12

Hi,

I am having the same issue.  I get the busy signal when I call from my obitalk to get voice mail (dialing my full number) and disconnected with calling from google chat.  I have used other google voice accounts on this obi and they work fine.  I have google accounts where I ported the number over the same as you did and they work fine.  It's just this one account that is doing everything that yours is doing.  I was wondering if you found out a solution to the issue?

The only thing I can think of is that my gmail address for the account that doesn't work has periods in it.  EX: First.Last.321@gmail.com and all my others that work do not.

Another thought is that the other accounts I made a test call from google talk in gmail first and on the account that isn't working I did not do that.

Any help would be great!

Kobi

Hi,

Unfortunately, it did not resolve for me. Still happening. I gave up and using my Nexus 7 to listen to my voicemail .

I don't have dots in my gmail account name and I never tried to make any test call before hooking it to google voice and obi.

no luck so far.

Shale

Quote from: Kobi on June 29, 2012, 04:34:12 PM
BTW- I have nothing on my trusted callers list. that is OK right?
Yes. That just causes a call from a trusted caller to go to the OBi Attendant rather than ringing in immediately.