News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

hangup after 2 minutes

Started by 112322, June 11, 2012, 11:39:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I have an obi 110 with 2 google voice accounts.  Both accounts are connected and available.  I can place a call but it always hangs up after 2 minutes -- I just get a dial tone after 2 minutes.  This used to work just fine.  I've tried re-starting the obi but no change in behavior.  Is anybody else experiencing this?

MTVG

Yes I am having the same issue.

izodzim

Same issue here.  Incredibly frustrating.  >:(

I've opened a support request on this issue.

My call log indicates that the far end is ending the call.  Not sure if that means anything.

Harvey

I have the same problem.  I suggest other readers, who have the same problem, also reply to this thread so that Obihai support realize its not just some issue of an individual who is doing something wrong.

Marketing

Hi Everyone,

Regardless of the type of terminal used (computer, cell phone, OBi+analog phone), Google Voice users have been experiencing this issue with calls dropping at 2 minutes.  This is not an issue with the OBi.

Thank you for your support and patience.

Regards,
Obihai Technology, Inc.

pc44

As Obihai has already pointed out, it appears to be a Google Voice issue.

See this thread on the GV forum:  Dropped Calls at the 2 Minute mark

pc44

HowardM

I have had the problem on numerous calls today.

I think it's working again.  I made a 3.5 minute call just now.

Arghtastic

I have the same problem--Obi202.  This worked fine until around noon eastern and all of sudden it started and has been going for about 4 hours.  When this started the load on my firewall steadily increased to over 900% of normal.  I finally had to physically pull the power to get the load to stop increasing. . . a reboot via the software didn't help.

Arghtastic

Quote from: Arghtastic on June 11, 2012, 01:03:12 PM
I have the same problem--Obi202.  This worked fine until around noon eastern and all of sudden it started and has been going for about 4 hours.  When this started the load on my firewall steadily increased to over 900% of normal.  I finally had to physically pull the power to get the load to stop increasing. . . a reboot via the software didn't help.

This appears fixed now.  I've just a 15 minute call. Yay. What was the problem ObiHai?

pc44

Quote from: Arghtastic on June 11, 2012, 01:19:15 PMThis appears fixed now.  I've just a 15 minute call. Yay. What was the problem ObiHai?

Please see the posts earlier in this thread.  Apparently, this was not an Obihai problem.

Quote from: Marketing on June 11, 2012, 12:15:39 PM
Hi Everyone,

Regardless of the type of terminal used (computer, cell phone, OBi+analog phone), Google Voice users have been experiencing this issue with calls dropping at 2 minutes.  This is not an issue with the OBi.

Thank you for your support and patience.

Regards,
Obihai Technology, Inc.