News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

GV slow to answer calls

Started by ldkronos, June 12, 2012, 01:35:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ldkronos

I've been having an odd issue with many of my incoming calls. I've got google voice setup to multi-ring my home (obi110) and my cell phone. When the phone rings, I pick up on the obi110, but there's nobody there. My cell phone continues to ring for another 6-8 seconds, and THEN the call is finally connected to the obi and we can talk. I've been using GV with my Obi for over a year, and this just started in the last month or so.

Everton

Great!!  Thanks for letting us know...........   ::)

carl

I observed something similar. I will have to pay more attention to it.

ldkronos

Quote from: Everton on June 12, 2012, 02:11:48 PM
Great!!  Thanks for letting us know...........   ::)

No need to be a jerk about it. If you don't care to read about any problems people experience, just don't read the forum.

Kansas-Family

I'm having the same troubles.  Obi110 setup with Google Voice to cordless Vtech phones.  When I answer an inbound call it's "Hello...Hello...Hello" and after 5-15 seconds, it finally connects me to the inbound caller. 

I have my cell phones setup similarly, and they will answer immediately.  Cell phones continue to ring after the "answering" on the home Vtechs.  They continue to ring until the caller is connected. 

poulsone

I had this problem, and it seems to be fixed after updating to firmware to 1.3.0 (Build: 2744).  I'm not sure if it was the update or the reboot that fixed it.

Felix

I've seen this on one of my 3 GV-connected OBi's. All of them are 1.3.0 (Build: 2744). So, it seems to be quite a widespread problem. I wish RonR were here to give some troubleshooting advice. Or maybe, I dunno - OBi support?