News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi110 not consistently ringing inbound calls (in fact: fails on most calls)

Started by VulcanTourist, May 31, 2012, 07:38:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VulcanTourist

I copied the title of someone else's post word for word: different devices but the same symptom.  The apparent solution to his problem won't solve it for me, though, it's something else.

The problem is simply that, at some particular point I can't identify, the Obi110 simply stopped reliably ringing the attached phone.  It's been at least a couple weeks, maybe longer.  Many incoming Google Voice calls wind up going to GV voicemail without ever ringing the phone, and the voicemail and/or missed-call notification will appear on the phone.  I have no clue how this is (not) happening.

Coincidentally, I logged into the device directly today and get this error at the initial page and every page EXCEPT Call Status, Call History, and Device Update:

Error loading stylesheet: An unknown error has occurred (80004004)

http://10.0.0.10/default.xsl

(Don't click on the mistaken URL there!)  I suspected the firmware had somehow become corrupt, so I downloaded the latest firmware (2711) as a file and tried to update it (since that page at least still appeared to work), but the device refuses, saying that it matches and is already current.  So if that's the problem, I have no idea how to FORCE it to reinstall the firmware.  Do I have to reset it to factory and then install the firmware?  The other possibility is that the firmware has a bug that is causing this.

I could use a little help here, please.

Update: The stylesheet error is caused by some as yet unidentified Firefox extension and is not the cause of my silent phone.  The Obi110's Web server works correctly with both safe-mode Firefox and Chrome (with many of the same extensions).  The silent phone is the problem that needs solving!

MichiganTelephone

Although this may seem obvious, I will ask anyway — have you tried a different phone and a different phone cord?  Also, is it possible that the network cable connecting your Obihai device to your local network may have been damaged?  Any of those could cause your phone not to ring on an incoming call, although the latter would also give you issues on outgoing calls.
Inactive, no longer posting or responding to messages.  Goodbye and good luck.  Some of my old Obihai-related blog posts have been moved to http://tech.iprock.com - note this in NOT my blog; I have simply given the owner permission to repost some of my old stuff.

ParasKPatel

I just checked my OBi100 and I'm getting the same:

Error loading stylesheet: An unknown error has occurred (80004004)

Otherwise the GV and my local SIP provider still work.  I also noticed that OBi100 had updated itself to the latest firmware.  I had done the last 9 updates manually.

Update:
The stylesheet error seems to be an compatibility issue with Firefox 12.

pc44

Quote from: ParasKPatel on June 05, 2012, 06:24:26 AMUpdate:
The stylesheet error seems to be an compatibility issue with Firefox 12.

Now that Firefox 13 is out, perhaps you could update to 13 and let us know if they have resolved the compatibility issue!

Hope so,
pc44

windoverwater

Note - just upgraded to firefox 13 and the stylesheet error went away for me.

Thanks for that pointer!

pc44

Windoverwater, thanks for letting us know.  Now, if that problem pops up again here, we will know what to do!

Glad it's working. :)

Thanks again!
pc44