News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Issues with Obi100 & Softphone

Started by z_k_, June 17, 2012, 01:25:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

z_k_

So everything was working fine for several months but today I went to make a call from my android phone using the OBion app and it get's stuck at "Acquiring Service".  Strange I thought, so I logged into OBiTALK and the the OBi Dashboard displays both the softphone & OBi100 as offline.  I tried using the OBiAPP software v1.1.0(1994) with my softphone and it also never get's past "Acquiring Service" while it worked without issue for several months.  At this point I picked up the phone physically attached to the OBi100 and get a dial tone but am told I have no service when placing an outgoing call.  Calls to **9-222-222-222 also return the no service message.  I investigated a variety of settings at the OBiTALK website, the OBi100 configuration screen accessible via it's local IP and everything seemed in order.

At this point I decided to start from scratch.  I deleted my OBi100 from the OBi Dashboard, Factory Reset the OBi100, added the OBi100's local address to the DMZ of my router (router is configured to assign the same IP to the OBi100 via DHCP), rebooted the router & cable modem.  I then configured my Google Voice account and it indicates it's connected.

I can now make outgoing calls and receive incoming calls via the OBi100 to normal phone numbers but I still receive a no service message when calling **9-222-222-222.  Unfortunately neither the OBion android app nor the OBiAPP software for PC can acquire service.  I have confirmed on several occasions that the OBi100 number is set as the OBi Voice Gateway for the softphone.

When viewing the Local OBi100 web interface SP1 Service Status shows Connected and the OBiTalk Service Status shows Backing Off.  The OBi100 is running the most recent firmware 1.3.0 (B2711).

Any suggestions?

z_k_

Thanks for the info  ;D.  I can now stop beating my head against the desk.

mokh

hi sir
I buy this obi 110 fro 2 dayes & I have the acquiring service  problem & no service also .. I don't know what to do?