News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi 110 settings for France : help!

Started by Toulousaing, June 14, 2012, 01:38:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toulousaing

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a configuration that can work here in France.
Actually, everything is working fine except when someone calls me on my line port (FXO).
Using my phone, I can dial out with any service (GV, SIP, line). I can get called on my phone through GV or any SIP.
My digitmaps, InboundCallRoute, OutBoundCallRoute,... are working good as well.

I think that the physical interface needs to be properly set: phone + line.
Physical interfaces>phone (Ringer, port settings, calling features, timers, tip ring voltage)
Physical interfaces>line (line port, Calling Features, PSTN Disconnect Detection, Port Settings, Ring Detection)

Could you please help me on this?

Thanks!!
NB1: for those who know I'm using a Freebox as line (not really important I think).
NB2: I don't know why this great piece of technology (obi) isn't widely used!! I can be your reseller if you want :)

Stewart

I have an Orange Livebox connected to the OBi110 and the only non-default setting needed for the Line port was
DisconnectTonePattern: 440-30;10;(.5+.5)

When someone calls on the Freebox line, what behavior do you desire?  What settings did you make to implement that?  What actually happens?  Do the calls appear in Call History?  Is the correct caller ID shown?

If nothing at all happens, try setting RingThreshold to 19.35-23.65

Toulousaing

Thanks Stewart but it's not working for me  :-[

"When someone calls on the Freebox line, what behavior do you desire?" the simplest one. The phone is not even ringing...

"What settings did you make to implement that?" I've tried different settings I found on internet, but none is working. I came back to default now.

"Do the calls appear in Call History?" Yep and the Obi line green light blinks.

"Is the correct caller ID shown?" I haven't checked so far, my (corded) phone has no display.

Stewart

Your problem is puzzling indeed.  One would expect that the OBi either doesn't "hear" the Line port, or it can't ring the phone.  However, the appearance of the call in history refutes the former, and your ability to receive VoIP calls refutes the latter.

After a failing inbound call, log into the OBi directly (not the OBiTalk portal) at the IP address reported when you dial ***1.  (Username and password are admin/admin, or as reported on the OBiTalk portal.)  Go to Status -> Call History and take a screenshot.  Mask caller ID and any other personal information, but leave the timestamps and technical details intact.

Then, make another test call and pick up the phone connected to the OBi, after hearing two cycles of ringback tone on you mobile (or whatever you are calling from).  Report whether you get connected, just hear dialtone, etc.

Toulousaing

Great news: I've found the issue and I managed to fix it. ;D

Stewart said: "One would expect that the OBi either doesn't "hear" the Line port, or it can't ring the phone"
Somehow, it seems that both are wrong and true. The problem is that line and phone need to be "synchronized" and use the regional settings.

Here is how to fix the issue, only non-default settings are presented below (other settings should be left to default, except if intended like the digitmaps...):

1. Set properly the line settings to France specifities
Physical interfaces > line
"LINE Port"
 "RingDelay" > "0" (not critical but otherwise there will be a little delay between moment the call is detected and moment the phone starts ringing, why there should be any delay by default???)
"PSTN Disconnect Detection"
 "DisconnectTonePattern" > "440-30,440-30;10;(.5+.5)" (this is not relevant to my problem, but it's worth mentionning, thanks Stewart)
"Port Settings" (critical)
 "ACImpedance" > "270+(750||150 nF) and 275+(780||150 nF)"
 "OnHookSpeed" > "3 ms (ETSI)"
 "ChannelRxGain" > "0"
 "LineInUseVoltageThreshold" > "5" (very critical setting)
"Ring Detection" (doesn't seem to be critical)
 "RingFrequencyMin" > "10"
 "RingFrequencyMax" > "100"
 "RingThreshold" > "19.35-23.65"
 "RingValidationTime" > "256"
 "RingIndicationDelayTime" > "512"
 "RingTimeout" > "640"

2. Set properly the phone settings
Physical interfaces > phone
"Port Settings"
 "OffHookCurrentMax" > "30" (critical)
 "Impedance" > "270+(750||150 nF) and 275+(780||150 nF)"

The order between phone and line settings doesn't seem to matter.
I remind you guys that I'm using the line port of a Freebox (unlimited free calls to over 100 countries landlines including France + unlimited free calls to mobile phones of France and North America)... do you get it?  ;D ;D ;D

The main reason why I've bought this great piece of Tech (aka Obi110) is to be able to route any incoming Voip call (mainly from my family spread over the whole world) to my Freebox and then... they can call 104 countries for free!!!
What is annoying is to set 104 countries in my digitmap and exclude the mobile phones (except for France and North America).
Just to help those french lucky bees who have a Freebox (or equivalent), my advice is to route all incoming calls to your Auto Attendant (don't forget to set a PIN  ;) ) and set the inbound and outbound digitmaps.

Maybe my own settings would match your wish (as usual, only non-default settings are presented) :

1. Set the SP1 (Google voice in my case)
Voice Service > SP1 Service
"SP1 Service"
 "X_InboundCallRoute" > "aa"

2.Set the Auto Attendant (don't forget to set your PIN in this section or at Obi dashboard/Obi110 then "OBi Attendant PIN (4 digits)". For more security you can even select the trusted phone numbers...)
Voice Service > Auto Attendant
"Auto Attendant 1"
 "DigitMap" > "(0[1-7]xxxxxxxxS0|09xxxxxxxxS0|0)" (note that here I allowed only the french landline phones + my phone,  I don't wanna bother copy/pasting a lenghty digitmap, do your own if required)
 "OutboundCallRoute" > "{(0[1-7]xxxxxxxxS0|09xxxxxxxxS0):li},{0:ph}" (note that here when caller prompts 1 (reffered to as "0" in this digitmap) he will be redirected to my phone ("ph") )

3.Set the Line accordingly
"LINE Port"
 "DigitMap" > "(0[1-7]xxxxxxxxS0|09xxxxxxxxS0)" (the same than the auto attendant with "0" removed)

Of course, your family should better have a phone connected to an ATA (like Obi100 or Obi110 or any similar product, even though Obi is highly recommended in terms of audio quality which is even better than that of Cisco/Linksys).
I sent 2 Obi100 to my family in 2 different countries... I might send more...
Obi is just amazing, I don't know why Obihai is not getting more media coverage here in Europe!!! Wake up guys!!

I think I'll make a dedicated topic saying "France configuration" that will be continously improved... when I have time.

Obi + Google Voice + Freebox = Phone communications reinvented = Being 1 decade ahead

QBZappy

Quote from: Toulousaing on June 16, 2012, 04:04:52 AM
 "RingDelay" > "0" (not critical but otherwise there will be a little delay between moment the call is detected and moment the phone starts ringing, why there should be any delay by default???)

CID is delivered after the first ring in North America. It gives the impression of receiving the CID on the phone immediately.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Toulousaing

Ok thanks QBZappy

Finally I'm back to the default settings and it's working just fine!  ??? ??? ???

[Edit] Again, I changed my mind so now I'm using the settings as posted above.

denon321

Quote from: Toulousaing on June 16, 2012, 04:04:52 AM
Great news: I've found the issue and I managed to fix it. ;D

Stewart said: "One would expect that the OBi either doesn't "hear" the Line port, or it can't ring the phone"
Somehow, it seems that both are wrong and true. The problem is that line and phone need to be "synchronized" and use the regional settings.

Here is how to fix the issue, only non-default settings are presented below (other settings should be left to default, except if intended like the digitmaps...):

1. Set properly the line settings to France specifities
"LINE Port"
"PSTN Disconnect Detection"
 "DisconnectTonePattern" > "440-30,440-30;10;(.5+.5)" (this is not relevant to my problem, but it's worth mentionning, thanks Stewart)
"Port Settings" (critical)
 "ACImpedance" > "270+(750||150 nF) and 275+(780||150 nF)"
 "OnHookSpeed" > "3 ms (ETSI)"
 "ChannelRxGain" > "0"
 "LineInUseVoltageThreshold" > "5" (very critical setting)
"Ring Detection" (doesn't seem to be critical)
 "RingFrequencyMin" > "10"
 "RingFrequencyMax" > "100"
 "RingThreshold" > "19.35-23.65"
 "RingValidationTime" > "256"
 "RingIndicationDelayTime" > "512"
 "RingTimeout" > "640"

2. Set properly the phone settings
Physical interfaces > phone
"Port Settings"
 "OffHookCurrentMax" > "30" (critical)
 "Impedance" > "270+(750||150 nF) and 275+(780||150 nF)"

The order between phone and line settings doesn't seem to matter.
I remind you guys that I'm using the line port of a Freebox (unlimited free calls to over 100 countries landlines including France + unlimited free calls to mobile phones of France and North America)... do you get it?  ;D ;D ;D

The main reason why I've bought this great piece of Tech (aka Obi110) is to be able to route any incoming Voip call (mainly from my family spread over the whole world) to my Freebox and then... they can call 104 countries for free!!!
What is annoying is to set 104 countries in my digitmap and exclude the mobile phones (except for France and North America).
Just to help those french lucky bees who have a Freebox (or equivalent), my advice is to route all incoming calls to your Auto Attendant (don't forget to set a PIN  ;) ) and set the inbound and outbound digitmaps.

Maybe my own settings would match your wish (as usual, only non-default settings are presented) :

1. Set the SP1 (Google voice in my case)
Voice Service > SP1 Service
"SP1 Service"
 "X_InboundCallRoute" > "aa"

2.Set the Auto Attendant (don't forget to set your PIN in this section or at Obi dashboard/Obi110 then "OBi Attendant PIN (4 digits)". For more security you can even select the trusted phone numbers...)
Voice Service > Auto Attendant
"Auto Attendant 1"
 "DigitMap" > "(0[1-7]xxxxxxxxS0|09xxxxxxxxS0|0)" (note that here I allowed only the french landline phones + my phone,  I don't wanna bother copy/pasting a lenghty digitmap, do your own if required)
 "OutboundCallRoute" > "{(0[1-7]xxxxxxxxS0|09xxxxxxxxS0):li},{0:ph}" (note that here when caller prompts 1 (reffered to as "0" in this digitmap) he will be redirected to my phone ("ph") )

3.Set the Line accordingly
"LINE Port"
 "DigitMap" > "(0[1-7]xxxxxxxxS0|09xxxxxxxxS0)" (the same than the auto attendant with "0" removed)

Of course, your family should better have a phone connected to an ATA (like Obi100 or Obi110 or any similar product, even though Obi is highly recommended in terms of audio quality which is even better than that of Cisco/Linksys).
I sent 2 Obi100 to my family in 2 different countries... I might send more...
Obi is just amazing, I don't know why Obihai is not getting more media coverage here in Europe!!! Wake up guys!!

I think I'll make a dedicated topic saying "France configuration" that will be continously improved... when I have time.

Obi + Google Voice + Freebox = Phone communications reinvented = Being 1 decade ahead
Bonjour toulousain.
is it possible to give me me the entire digitmap as well as inboundcalls outbound calls for autoattendant,phone port line port ?basically i tried your post with everything else as obitalk settings and it is not working.
I want to be able to call from my foreign obi into french obi with free then dial france for free in the format 00336........... MERCI BEAUCOUP d'avance   thank you very much in advance toulousain,et vive toulouse

Toulousaing

Hi denon321, please note I'm toulousainG which is different from toulousain  :D :D

As I can't give you my own digitmap (privacy), I think we should work this way:
what do you want? Then I can tell you what you should do.
But defining a digitmap is more general than this little topic.

I'm not sure I understood your situation.

situation 1, you're not in France and you'd like to call your french Obi which in turn is going to forward your call using freebox. This is what I'm doing myself. So 2 things:
For your french Obi: use the above settings
For your "foreign" Obi: use the factory default settings.

situation 2, you're not in france and you'd like to call your french Obi using free, then you'll have to use free as sip provider and in this case you should just use the digitmap settings.

Please tell me the following:
_which service are you using for dial out (google voice, PSTN (local phone line), free...)?
_If you're using PSTN, where are you (country)?
I need full details please

BLANK

Hello Toulousaing;
first thank you for your reply,
1.I NEED a diagram as to how to connect my obi110 to the free revolution box properly
2.I Need to BLOCK all or at least some of the COUNTRY CODES that are NOT part of the unlimited plan
3.I Am not in France,I want call my obi in France and get the AAttendant to make  calls using free thank you in advance for your input.
I have connected the phone behind the free phone port to the line port but it is not working
regards 

imagineertobe

Bonjour. I'm another believer that the OBI + Freebox is a great combination.

Quote from: Toulousaing on June 16, 2012, 04:04:52 AM"RingDelay" > "0" (not critical but otherwise there will be a little delay between moment the call is detected and moment the phone starts ringing, why there should be any delay by default???)

I found that when setting RingDelay to 0, the Automated Attendant wouldn't pick up when I called from a trusted phone number. I set it to 1000 and it works now.

QBZappy

imagineertobe,

Welcome,

AA only works in combination with CID. With a RingDelay to 0, the CID is not picked up by the AA. (In North America CID comes between the 1st and 2nd ring)
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.