News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI network seems to be down

Started by Linforum, June 17, 2012, 09:23:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linforum

I tried two OBi110 boxes, two phones, and the Internet is working. Even when I call **9222222222, I get the message "there is no service available to complete the call". When I call other OBi numbers, typically I get error 404. In the OBi Dashboard my OBi has green status.

lhm.

On the status page I get Backing Off (over TCP) on Obi Talk.

pc44

Hi Linforum,

I'm also receiving the "there is no service available" error message when attempting the **9, 222-222-2222 test.  Not sure what to do in a case like this, but I would imagine that, as usual, Obihai is probably working towards resolution.

Thanks for the notice,
pc44

MYOBi

Same here on 3 OBI110's...
Fingers are crossed for the network to come online again.

jmedei

Service down on two OBI110's ... any status update? 
What are we to do?

Stewart

How are you using the OBiTalk service?  Although it presents some functionality difficult to obtain with SIP, I have a general distrust of free services and have designed my own system not to use any.  With careful design, it may be possible to get the desired feature set without OBiTalk.

Alternatively, you might use another service as a backup.  For example, if you use OBiTalk to make calls on the landline connected to a remote OBi (with single stage dialing and automatic routing), your systems could also be interconnected via a free or paid SIP provider.  Calling through that path would involve going through the AA and be less convenient, but that's better than not being able to call at all.

As I write this, my OBi also sees the OBiTalk service offline.

MYOBi

Is it possible to make single-stage dialing and speed dialing to work via other providers than Obitalk?

Stewart

Quote from: MYOBi on June 17, 2012, 10:55:10 AM
Is it possible to make single-stage dialing and speed dialing to work via other providers than Obitalk?
That depends on several factors.  If an originating SIP device (OBi, IP phone, smartphone app, etc.) can connect directly to the target OBi without attempting to register to it, single-stage dialing is possible, without any intermediate service at all.  Or, if you go through an external PBX with the target OBi registered as a sub-PBX, i.e. it appears as a trunk, you can also use single-stage dialing.  AFAIK, accessing speed dials on the target OBi is not possible.  Speed dials available on the originating device should work, provided that they can be programmed to select the route to the target OBi.

jmedei

I make mostly OBI to OBI call direct.  I just installed Obion and X-Lite, but it does not work either.  Obion keeps saying connecting...!?!?!

Quote from: Stewart on June 17, 2012, 10:49:15 AM
How are you using the OBiTalk service?  Although it presents some functionality difficult to obtain with SIP, I have a general distrust of free services and have designed my own system not to use any.  With careful design, it may be possible to get the desired feature set without OBiTalk.

Alternatively, you might use another service as a backup.  For example, if you use OBiTalk to make calls on the landline connected to a remote OBi (with single stage dialing and automatic routing), your systems could also be interconnected via a free or paid SIP provider.  Calling through that path would involve going through the AA and be less convenient, but that's better than not being able to call at all.

As I write this, my OBi also sees the OBiTalk service offline.

drzhivago

YES
====
i can talk from OBI 110 to other OBI 110 while both of them r not connected to OBI network
by using Google voice !!
it was surprise to me but it is OK,  both of them are down in obitalk site but i did connect them through Google voice account !!

Linforum

That's an interesting solution. How do you do that? (I sent an email to OBi tech support quite many hours ago, and there is no response/resolution). Thanks.

JohnBowler

I see the same symptoms, and the www.obitalk.com "expert configuration" is not working.

I've done a complete reset from scratch (not because of this) and setting up service providers *is* working, but remote access through www.obitalk.com to the more detailed parts of the device configuration fails and my OBi202 is marked as "offline".

The protocol fails at the "Registering" phase, it goes through at least these steps:

1) "Acquiring Service (over TCP)"
2) "Registering"
3) "Backing Off (over TCP)"
4) "Backing Off"

DonB

I saw mine offline also, but was able to make a call through Goolge Voice, so I guess it only affects the OBI talk points to OBI

JohnBowler

It's up again.

Comments, OBiHai?

DonB

Yep, same here, funny part, is all this time, I thought you had to have the status as online to be able to use it for Google Voice, I guess not

MrGadget

Quote from: lhm. on June 17, 2012, 09:29:32 AM
On the status page I get Backing Off (over TCP) on Obi Talk.

Same thing again tonight. I saw that the telephone LED was dark on my OBi110's, and attributed it to the new software (build 2765). However, when I tried to make an Obitalk call, I got "There is no service available..." message.

Then I saw the Backing Off message, and then the Status on the Dashboard is Brown for all of my Obi's. Perhaps they are down for Maintenance???? I hope not for long.

12/27/12 - It's up again after approx 20 minutes. Not my network since some some on and off my network were offline.