News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Big bug in Obi100--can't Restore Configuration

Started by AlexSun, June 17, 2012, 09:51:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexSun

ModelName OBi100 
SerialNumber 88C01NA0XXXX
OBiNumber 300
HardwareVersion 3.4 
SoftwareVersion 1.3.0 (Build: 2711)
------------------------------------------
I bought a new of the obi100, but I found it impossible to restore the saved settings.

I backup set using the OBI versions;
2.reset obi100.
3.restore settings, but found all the settings and reset after exactly the same, no change (restore did not have any effect)
4.I use a text editor to open the backup file, I can see some backup parameters.

Please tell me a solution, or you as soon as possible repair.

Thank you!

JohnBowler

It seems to be broken.  So far as I can see www.obitalk.com has a separate copy of the settings and a factory restore on the OBi gets overwritten by these.

I can't see any fix; I managed to accidentally work round it yesterday because the whole OBiTalk network was AWOL, so I could do a factory reset and restore settings (I did so manually, not from a saved config), but had OBiTalk been up I suspect I would have seen the same issues I saw before.

Don't count on Obi to back up your data - use the old pencil and paper method.

AlexSun

Quote from: JohnBowler on June 18, 2012, 07:17:26 PM
It seems to be broken.  So far as I can see www.obitalk.com has a separate copy of the settings and a factory restore on the OBi gets overwritten by these.

I can't see any fix; I managed to accidentally work round it yesterday because the whole OBiTalk network was AWOL, so I could do a factory reset and restore settings (I did so manually, not from a saved config), but had OBiTalk been up I suspect I would have seen the same issues I saw before.

Don't count on Obi to back up your data - use the old pencil and paper method.

Yesterday, I have backed up all DigitMap in a notepad, I can not understand, so the basis of the function, could be so unstable.

I sent the backup file to Obi - Obi - support team told me that there is an error in backup file, and help me to repair, but I have yet to try the restore, I worry about the restore is unsuccessful.