News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

What is the default pin on OBi110

Started by basecamp, June 18, 2012, 09:56:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

basecamp

My unit have been setup for 6-8 months now with a static IP address.   I need to change it to DHCP but it required a pin.  I've it written down with my user docs, but the OBi110 is refusing it. Is it possible that it never accepted my original pin change and is still using the default pin?  If it is, what is the default pin?

Ostracus

Are you referring to the web management page? The default user and password is "admin" and "admin"

basecamp

No, can't access the OBi110 unit from the web because the IP address needs to be changed. When I access it via the locally attached phone (***, 3), it asked for "password follow by # key". I'm entering the attendant pin I had wrote down, but it replying "invalid password".

Ostracus

* * * 2 # on your phone should give the IVR password.

basecamp

***2 gets to Advanced Network Status, which tells me what my BNS and NTP server is. the # just gets me back to main menu. At lease thats what is happening on my OBi110.

Ostracus

Sorry, left out something.

2 #

Reads back the current IVR value.

JohnBowler

There isn't a default; it doesn't ask you those questions if you never set one (big security issue there, unless your home is protected by razor wire and appropriately deployed mother-in-laws.)

If you set an OBi "attendant code" then that is the answer.  If you can't remember it then things like "reboot" and other setting options ask this question and refuse to perform until you answer (many things in life are like this.)

At this point, if you can't remember the magic number, the only choices are to ignore it or to do a factory reset.

John Bowler <jbowler@acm.org>

Ostracus

For those Obi registered with the portal, the attendant PIN is also there.

basecamp

Ostracus, can you expand on what you mean by "portal".  Is it OBiTalk.com? Because it does show me the same password that I had written down. 

Maybe the problem is with the way I'm typing in the password. IF the password is HELP, I enter 4357 on the telephone keyboard. Is this the correct method?

basecamp

Interestingly, OBiTalk shows "OBi Attendant PIN (4 digits)" as blank (not set). BUT it is prompting me for a password. I tried entering 0000# which failed, or just # which returns me to the main menu.

Ostracus

Obi Dashboard. Anyway if your Obi110 status is green, then you should be able to enter a 4 digit numeric PIN.

Stewart

The password requested is the admin password for the device, not the AA PIN.  The default is "admin" but check the OBiTalk portal for a changed setting.  Use the keys corresponding to letters, e.g. 23646 for admin.

If that doesn't work, temporarily set a compatible static IP address in your PC and access it via the web interface.

If that doesn't work, either, you will have to do a hardware reset to recover.  With luck, you will have a config backup, otherwise you'll need to re-enter all settings.

JohnBowler

Ah, thanks; I ran into the same problem two days ago.  I know the web password (which I had changed and is non-numeric) and I know the A PIN (which I had also changed, to numbers), but when the thing asked me for the password it was most unclear that it wanted the web admin password.

So the mapping of alpha to digit is the US one, I assume, but what happens if the web admin password has non-alphanumerics?  I just set my too:

"foobar"

(with the double quotes); what are the corresponding numbers?  (The temporarily changed password worked fine when I logged in from the LAN; BTW, my device is set not to allow access from the Internet  :)

John Bowler <jbowler@acm.org>

pc44

Quote from: JohnBowler on June 21, 2012, 04:47:54 PM"foobar"

(with the double quotes); what are the corresponding numbers?

Try 366227.

Hope it works!
pc44

JohnBowler

There are six points in:

There are 8 in:
"foobar"

Did you forget the two ", or are you saying that the attendant simply ignores non-alphanumeric?

John Bowler <jbowelr@acm.org>

pc44

Quote from: JohnBowler on June 21, 2012, 04:47:54 PM"foobar"

(with the double quotes); what are the corresponding numbers?

Reading comprehension is lacking here.  You said "with the double quotes."  I read it to say "without the double quotes." ;)

As 2-9 is typically reserved for alphanumeric representations, try 1 or 0 for the " " (or who knows, * and #).  There aren't that many other possibilities that it may just be worth trying out.

If all else fails, ask Stewart! :D
pc44