News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Auto Attendant Outbound Call Route changes

Started by JCarlos, June 19, 2012, 08:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JCarlos

Hello, I have two OBI 110, one outside the US with a local phone line installed. When I call to the OBI the AA allows me to route the call to ring the attached phone or make a call using the land line. In order to access the local numbers I been dialing **8 before the number. If the the prefix is not entered a "no service available" message is given and also even using the **8 no calls to another cities can be made. Can somebody help me with the changes I need to do in order to just dial the number after the AA option is selected?. My knowledge on the OBI is very limited, so please be as specific as it can be. The local phone numbers contain 7 digits and when calling to a different city 9 digits starting with 0. Thanks for you time!

Stewart

On the foreign OBi, under Auto Attendant, change the setting for PrimaryLine to PSTN Line.  You will still have to dial # after entering the number in the AA.

With proper settings, you should even be able to avoid the AA altogether, e.g. dialing 2*23456789# from the US OBi.  This example assumes that Speed Dial 2 on the US OBi is set to the OBiTalk number of the foreign OBi, and that your devices are set up as detailed in http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=1103.0 .

JCarlos

Thanks Stewart for your promptly respond, the primary line for the AA is set to PSTN and yes I do dial # after the number,but it will give me the "no service available to make this call" message every time if the **8 is not entered.
Is any changes to be made to the settings in the link to consider the number of digits in the foreign telephone numbers? Thanks again.

Stewart

I'm puzzled that it's not working.  Please post (for the foreign OBi) the values of

Line Port -> DigitMap
Auto Attendant -> DigitMap
Auto Attendant -> OutboundCallRoute

Those are the only three settings that should affect this usage.

JCarlos

Steward:
I changed the parameters to the values in the link you sent me in both OBIs and now is working as it should be. Will try dialing a 9 digit number later to test it. The calls I made were using my cell to dial the local OBI and them gain access to the foreign OBI. The OBIon app on my android phone doesn't lock the screen, can't use it due to face dialing! Is there any updated version to avoid this?.
Without abusing of your kindness, can you help me with the changes in the code where is require  to allow trusted callers (cell phones) calling on SP1 (Google Voice) to the US OBI to dial numbers at the foreign endpoint using the PSTN bypassing the AAs?
Thanks! 

Stewart

If calling from a smartphone over Wi-Fi or 3G, you could use a SIP app, e.g. CSipSimple, instead of OBIon.  To avoid the AA, you would either need an intermediate PBX service (a free account at PBXes or Sonetel may meet your needs), or you could connect directly to the remote OBi without any service (requires setting up a dynamic DNS name and proper NAT mapping).

If you are calling over the cellular voice path (to a GV or other domestic number), it's not possible to avoid two-stage dialing.  However, you can set up Contacts in your phone with pauses, so the phone would dial the GV number and then automatically send the destination number to the AA.  If you take this approach and the remote OBi has an available SPx slot, I recommend that you get a separate GV number for the remote OBi and dial it directly -- that will reduce latency and improve quality and reliability.

What country is the remote OBi in?  Are you calling landlines or mobiles?  If mobiles, which carrier(s)?  I'm asking, because there may be a VoIP service at a good price, which would allow you to connect directly.

JCarlos

The foreign OBi is at Ecuador in South America, will be calling land lines and cell phones, the mobile companies are Movistar, Porta (Telcel) and Alegro. Google Voice doesn't work there and I don't know of any VoIP there.

JCarlos

Thanks for the tip, I programmed the cell phone with the pauses and after few tries got it working. Will use that solution for now until finding a VoIP that will work there.

Stewart

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any really low VoIP rates to Ecuador.  AFAIK, lowest is Cheapvoip (landline/mobile $0.065/$0.140); lowest good quality (IMO) is Voxbeam ($0.081/$0.158-$0.173; 1-second billing).

I'm curious: what does it cost to call from your Ecuador landline?  I'm guessing that calling landlines is free or nearly so, but for mobiles, VoIP might be less expensive.

JCarlos

Sorry for not responding sooner, been out of a computer's reach. You are right, the calls to line lines are very inexpensive but the ones to cells are quite costly; do not know the actual cost but nobody use their line lines to call cell phones.

JCarlos

Steward:
After making the changes in both of my OBis using the information in the link I'm able to dial to local numbers using the foreign OBi's AA, but if I dial 2*2654321 from the phone attached to the local OBi doesn't connect me directly and the AA takes the call. Any ideas? Thanks

Stewart

Quote from: JCarlos on July 01, 2012, 10:37:08 AM
... if I dial 2*2654321 from the phone attached to the local OBi doesn't connect me directly and the AA takes the call.
I assume that you mean the remote OBi's AA.  If so, check the remote OBi's setting for OBiTalk Service -> InboundCallRoute.  If you don't see a problem, post what you have for call routes and digit maps on both devices.

JCarlos

Sorry for the lack of detail, yes the remote OBi's AA. I also tried to dial directly 2**82654321 with the same results.
Here are the settings in the OBis:
Remote OBi
AA1 Digit Map: ([1-9]x?*@@.|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|<00:$1>|0|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))
       Outbound Route: {([1-9]x?*@@.):pp},{0:ph},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}
ObiTalk Service InboundCallRoute: {(Mcot)>(<*1:>(Msp1)),(Mcot)>(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(Mcot)>(<*2:>(Msp2)),(Mcot)>(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2}, {(Mcot)>(<*8:>(Mli)),(Mcot)>(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(Mcot)>(<*9:>(Mpp)),(Mcot)>(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp}, {(Mcot)>(Mpli):pli},{(Mcot):aa},{ph}

Local OBi:
AA Digi Map: ([1-9]x?*@@.|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|<00:$1>|0|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))
     Outbound Route: {([1-9]x?*@@.):pp},{0:ph},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}
ObiTalk Service InboundCallRoute: {(Mcot)>(<*1:>(Msp1)),(Mcot)>(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(Mcot)>(<*2:>(Msp2)),(Mcot)>(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2}, {(Mcot)>(<*8:>(Mli)),(Mcot)>(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(Mcot)>(<*9:>(Mpp)),(Mcot)>(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp}, {(Mcot)>(Mpli):pli},{(Mcot):aa},{ph}

The primary line in the remote OBi is set to PSTN amd in the local to SP1.

JCarlos

Update:
If I unhook the phone attached to the local OBi and dial 2**8654321 the message I get is that the call is been rejected by the service provider; reason 404. ??????

Stewart

In the InboundCallRoute for both OBi's, try changing
{(Mcot)>(Mpli):pli}
to
{(Mcot)>(Mli):li}

If that doesn't help, look at Call History in both OBi after a failing call.  You'll see in the local OBi what was received from the phone and sent over OBiTalk and in the remote OBi what was received on OBiTalk and sent to the provider.

JCarlos

Ok, made the changes. Now when I dialed the number 2*2654321 it ringed. To check I went to the remote OBi last 10 calls and the number that was dialed using the local line was 19042654321. Why? 904 is my local area code.
How did the area code and the 1 got in the number? and can I take it out?
Thanks for your patience!

JCarlos

Here is the record from the two last calls after the changes were made at the remote Obi:

Call 1                 07/01/2012    16:28:13   
Terminal ID   OBiTALK1                                LINE1
Peer Name   Gonzalez Kroll JAX   
Peer Number   200123456                       19042630330
Direction   Inbound                               Outbound
16:28:13   Ringing   
16:28:20                                          Call Connected
16:28:27                                               End Call   

Call 2   07/01/2012    16:16:30   
Terminal ID   OBiTALK1                               LINE1
Peer Name   Gonzalez Kroll JAX   
Peer Number   200123456                      19042630330
Direction   Inbound                              Outbound
16:16:30   Ringing   
16:16:36                                         Call Connected
16:17:09   End Call

Hope this will help you in determine what the issue is.
Thanks again

Stewart

At the local OBi, your ITSP Profile A digit map probably contains |<1904>[2-9]xxxxxx|, to allow 7-digit dialing on SP1.

This is being referenced in your Phone Port outbound call route by
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp}

I not sure that it won't break anything, but try changing that to
{([1-9]x?*(Mli)):pp}

If no luck, the easiest fix is to just change
|<1904>[2-9]xxxxxx|
to
|[2-9]xxxxxx|
but you will then have to dial the area code on your domestic local calls.

JCarlos

The phone port OutboundCallRoute was changed to: {([1-9]x?*@@.):pp}.
Will change the ITSP Profile to test it will let you know!

JCarlos

Well, I did change the ITSP digi map from:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1904>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)
To:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.) but now when I dial in the remote AA is taking the call.
I reverse the changes to the original digi map for the ITSP and again the AA is taking the call.
Went back to the original issue: "If I unhook the phone attached to the local OBi and dial 2**8654321 the message I get is that the call is been rejected by the service provider; reason 404."javascript:void(0);
Do I need to restart the OBi?