News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Auto Attendant Outbound Call Route changes

Started by JCarlos, June 19, 2012, 08:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stewart

I don't know what is happening.  You could try restarting the devices; if that doesn't help, log in to them directly and see what the config really looks like.

Also,
|<1904>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|
seems very strange -- that would add 1904 in front of a number that was already ten digits, which I don't think would be useful for anything, though it shouldn't match or interfere with the 7-digit number you entered.

JCarlos

Guess what? looking at the local OBi the changes are not there!. Every change I did was using the Obitalk and the save changes icon was selected. Is there any setting that will not allow the settings to be saved into the devices?  How can I access the remote OBI directly?.

Stewart

AFAIK, unless both ITSP Provisioning and OBiTalk Provisioning are set to Disabled, the device should pull a config from the OBiTalk server shortly after each reboot.  If that is not happening, there may be a problem at OBiTalk.  Conceivably, if you are trying to set an invalid value, the device may not pick it up.  I don't use the OBiTalk portal myself and know very little about it.

If you want to manage your devices directly, you can set both provisioning settings to Disabled, reboot the device and then make changes in its web interface.  AFAIK, there is no way to export those changes back to the OBiTalk portal, so switching back would require you to re-enter on the portal, whatever you had changed in the device.

Assuming that the remote device is behind a NAT, you will need to forward a TCP port in the router to the private IP address of the OBi.  Use a strong password (certainly, don't leave it at 'admin').  Also, choose an obscure port number.  If the router permits, forward the obscure external port to internal port 80.  If not, forward the obscure external port and, on the OBi, change Web Server  -> Port to match.  If the remote site does not have a static public IP address, you'll need to set up dynamic DNS on the router (or some other device running there), or have some external means of determining what IP address to access (for example, a provider to which it registers may show the public IP on their portal).