News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OutboundCallRoute Digit map clarification

Started by tproenca, June 19, 2012, 11:17:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tproenca

I got this from my Obi110. What this rule mean?
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp}

The other ones I can understand, but this one is driving me nuts.

Thanks,
-- Tiago

Stewart

This allows accessing a resource on a remote OBi, without needing to use the AA.  The most common application is making PSTN calls via an OBi located in another country, though there are other useful scenarios.

For example, your speed dial 2 is set to the OBiTalk number of another OBi and you dial 2*3456789.  The call is sent to the remote OBi via OBiTalk.  If his/her InboundCallRoute accepts your number as trusted, the call is then routed to e.g. the Line port, 3456789 is dialed, and your call is connected.

ProfTech

Interesting information, Stewart. I was wondering what those maps were for myself. I've had my 110 for about a year now but have done very little with either the Auto Attendant or the gateways. Would you expound a little bit on the gateway info? Specifically, if I have an Obi in the US and one in India what would be the general [simplest] setup to enable a user in India to pick up his handset and dial an indeterminate number and have the Obi in the US "Pick Off" the number and dial it? I got it to work with hard coded numbers but would like to enable the user in India to dial any number [that matches a map, of course].

SK02

Stewart,

I had a question based on your answer below.

My OBi number which is here in USA is a trusted number or in circle of trusts on my other OBi device in India which is a OBi110 device. I have connected a PSTN line to it and I am able to call my friends in India from OBi device here in USA by dialling

2 (speed dial to india obi device number) --> AA of India device --> 2 --> **82222222# (india number).

My question or requirement is:

How can I dial directly to india number 2222222 from here in USA using the phone attached to my OBi device here in USA?

Thanks,
eskay

Quote from: Stewart on June 20, 2012, 01:27:01 AM
This allows accessing a resource on a remote OBi, without needing to use the AA.  The most common application is making PSTN calls via an OBi located in another country, though there are other useful scenarios.

For example, your speed dial 2 is set to the OBiTalk number of another OBi and you dial 2*3456789.  The call is sent to the remote OBi via OBiTalk.  If his/her InboundCallRoute accepts your number as trusted, the call is then routed to e.g. the Line port, 3456789 is dialed, and your call is connected.

Stewart

For the OBi in India, try setting OBiTalk Service -> InboundCallRoute to
{(222333444)>(Mli):li},
followed by whatever is there now (replace 222333444 with your device's OBiTalk number).

Then, from the phone connected to your device, dial 2*2222222# to call 2222222 via the remote OBi's Line port.

SK02

Stewart,

Thanks for your reply. Was not in town last couple of weeks to try this out. Today I tried this and it worked good if I try calling india land line numbers. i.e., 2*22222222# (usually india land line numbers are 8 digit numbers).

But when I try to dial out a india mobile number (which is 10 digit number) i.e., something like 2*9845812345#, my OBi device in India dials out prefixing the mobile number with 1. i.e., 19845412345. I came to know when i looked at Status --> Call Status option. Since it prefixes by 1, my PSTN line does not recognize and get me connected to the mobile number.

Any idea why this get's prefixed by 1 automatically?

Thanks for your help and I appreciate it.

Eskay

Stewart

In the US OBi, Phone port, try changing the beginning of DigitMap from ([1-9]x?*(Mpli)| to ([1-9]x?*xx.|
and the beginning of OutboundCallRoute from {([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp}, to {([1-9]x?*xx.):pp},