News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

phone stays lit when using voip.ms as provider on Obi 110

Started by ykatch, June 20, 2012, 08:38:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ykatch

I just installed an Obi 110 with voip.ms as my main provider. Everything seems fine so far but there is this weird thing- my cordless phone attached to the Obi keeps lighting up ( the backlight on the display)  as if it is about to receive a call but then the light goes off. It does this every minute or so.

I know its not the phone since I have used it on the local PSTN and my old vonage ATA without a problem. Also, when the Obi is set to Google Voice as the only provider it doesnt have this problem. Only the Obi with voip.ms (as SP1 or SP2) .

Any ideas?

thanks!

Stewart

I suspect that VoIP.ms is repeatedly sending SIP Notify to refresh the message waiting state.

If you don't need VMWI (visual message waiting indication), turn off VMWIEnable for the Phone port and the light should stop coming on.  You will still have stutter dial tone to indicate a message.

If you want VMWI to work correctly, look for a setting on VoIP.ms portal, or open a ticket with them (I'm not a VoIP.ms customer and have no real info on this).

alcos

What was your solution?

Disabling visual voicemail notification, changing VoIP.ms settings or open a ticket with VoIP.ms?