News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How can i call another obi number without **9 in the front and pressing 1

Started by Veronica, June 20, 2012, 03:25:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Veronica

Hi what i would like to achieve is simple (hopefully) google voice has not been running great for sometime now so i want to try the obi to obi calls feature to call my boyfriend's obi but there is one thing annoying me and that is the use of **9 in front of the other obi number which goes to auto attendant first, then i have to select 1 for to call to go thru.

Is there a way i can avoid that somehow and to make the call directly without the auto attendant?

Thanks in advance, much appreciated.

ah! also if there is something else that i can do to make google voice works the best like some other settings apart of the default ones would be great. My boyfriend and I talk every night until we fall asleep but the phone hangs up after sometime, i think because maybe the obi detects no talking? lol and i would really like to not to do that and the call remains until I decide to hang up. I know it  sounds kind of silly but that's is my request.

Thanks again,

~ V

QBZappy

Veronica,

At the very least your boyfriend should be on the speed dial. Don't you think so. :D
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

infin8loop

Quote from: QBZappy on June 20, 2012, 04:28:34 PM
Veronica,

At the very least your boyfriend should be on the speed dial. Don't you think so. :D

I was going to mention this as well but the Canadian beat me to it.  Your boyfriend can only be speed dial #1 if you don't use the ObiTALK because it insists on making #1 a softphone.   So make him #2.

The speed dial should look like this:  pp(ob222222222)    ---Replace the 2's with your BF's obi number.

Then you can dial 2# and his heart melting voice will be on the line in no time at all (unless he's out on a date).

I'm not sure how you'd deal with those pesky lulls in the phonesex, especially if you're both asleep.
"This has not only been fun, it's been a major expense." - Gallagher

Veronica

Pardon me i forgot to mention that i do have him in speed dial #2 but still when i call using speed dial i get the auto attendant then i have to press one to continue with the call, what i want is to avoid pressing 1 each time to continue the call, i want the call go thru directly.

Thanks! :)

~ V

QBZappy

Veronica,

If using the far away services of the OBi is NOT important, a permanent measure is to remove your OBi number from the following section:

OBiTALK InboundCallRoute:
{(200111222333):aa},{ph}

To:
{ph}

This should avoid hitting the AA and ring the attached phone directly.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Veronica

Thanks for your answer i tried it but it breaks my Obi Android softphone when i make a call to any number it rings my phone connected to the obi 110 i have. Is there another way? i have tried placing in speed dial #2:

**9200111222333#1 but that doesn't work lol

Obihai should make it easier to call obi to obi without the annoying press 1 to continue this call if you buy 2 obi's for that purpose.

Thanks!

~ V

Stewart

Quote from: Veronica on June 21, 2012, 08:21:20 AMi tried it but it breaks my Obi Android softphone when i make a call to any number it rings my phone connected to the obi 110 i have. Is there another way?
I'm very confused.  QBZappy suggested that you remove your OBiTalk number from the InboundCallRoute of your boyfriend's OBi.  Unless something very strange was happening, that should not affect what happens when calling from your softphone into your Obi.

jerrybowden

I believe she made the recommended changes to her OBI whereas she needs to change boyfriends.