News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Status shows offline even when it is connected

Started by obelastixpbx, June 15, 2012, 02:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

obelastixpbx

I have 3 Obi110 in use right now, 1 of which is new. The other two show green as status through the obitalk page however the new one stays brown, even though it is registered and working. I am using all three as extensions for my Elastix pbx system. Additionally, I can access the other two units by going straight to their IP address however I am not able to do so with the new unit. I can't figure out what is happening. I already made the new one full duplex as well.

pc44

Quote from: obelastixpbx on June 15, 2012, 02:57:26 PMAdditionally, I can access the other two units by going straight to their IP address however I am not able to do so with the new unit. I can't figure out what is happening. I already made the new one full duplex as well.

Hi obelastixpbx,

Any chance the new unit is set to use the same IP as another device on your network?  Or, can you double-check the current IP (static or dynamic) setting of the new OBI?  It just doesn't make sense for the new OBI to be inaccessible via its IP address, as you mentioned.

pc44 :-\

JohnBowler

>June 15<; that was when the OBiTalk network was down, wasn't it?  The device can register and make calls even with obitalk down.  It won't be accessible via the ***1 IP address until it has been made to allow WAN web server access.

John Bowler <jbowler@acm.org>

pc44

Quote from: JohnBowler on June 21, 2012, 10:50:42 PMIt won't be accessible via the ***1 IP address until it has been made to allow WAN web server access.

Even on a Obi110?

pc44

Toulousaing

I have the same issue.
It happens quite often, like 3 times per week.

And when this occurs, the Obi110 phone light is off...

But I have to say that I can place calls and I can be called, despite this problem ???

JohnBowler

Oops, yes, you're right pc44, it's not a gateway so is always connected to a LAN.

Another possibility is that at the moment the new OBi110 was last booted the DHCP server was down and it fell back to a static address.

I saw that recently while I was reconfiguring my network, not with my OBi (which is the gateway) but with a Freetalk 1200 which had to be rebooted after the DHCP server had been offline for a couple of hours.  Still, I'm not sure this is a sufficient explanation; the Freetalk was unable to make outgoing calls because (I think) it had reset itself to a different subnet and the gateway (the Obi) then refused to route it's traffic to the internet.