News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Need Help Setting incoming DID call

Started by Frankfone, June 22, 2012, 02:53:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankfone

I have a virtual number in Argentina (DID) which gives me several options to make it ring in Google Talk and different SIP or PSTN, etc (www.sendmycall.com)
Can anybody help me on how to set the Obi110 so it will ring in either through google voice or at a Google number? The sendmycall site allows me to set up their site so it will ring wherever I wish.
When I got the service, about a month ago, they allowed the calls to ring in my Google Number. Now, it only rings in GTALK when is on.
I'm totally new to this so if someone could help me set it up so it will ring though the Obi110, it will be great.
I will be glad to explain further. Thank you for your sharing.

QBZappy

Frankfone,

Just a suggestion. I need to stop and get my sun glasses when I read your posts. No need to change the font.  :D
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Stewart

I find the sendmycall site quite confusing, but I hope this will work:

1. Get a free "IP Freedom" account at Callcentric.  Set it up as SP2 on your OBi.  If you have trouble getting it to register, search this forum for help, or post a specific question.

2. Test outbound, by dialing **217771234567 from the phone connected to the OBi.  You should hear the TellMe prompt.

3. Test inbound, by calling 1-646-810-9280 (or another SIPBroker PSTN number) from your cell phone.  At the prompt, enter *4621777xxxxxxx (replace xxxxxxx with the last 7 digits of your Callcentric number).  Your OBi phone should ring; answer it and confirm that you have audio both ways.

4. On sendmycall, set forwarding destination: VoIP, Protocol: SIP, Host: in.callcentric.com, Account: 1777xxxxxxx (your Callcentric number).

5. Call your Argentina DID and confirm that it works.

IMO, any solution involving Google will either cost you per call, or be more complex and less reliable.

Frankfone

Sorry QB, I thought it would be easier to read!!! Thank you for the suggestion.

Frankfone

Thank you Stewart again.It worked wonderful. Now the next step.
Can I combine the calls incoming from the DID number and handled by the Obi110 to ring with Gtalk/Google voice so the call will be free as with the Obi110 and Google Voice? Or perhaps the question is: can I combine this or make Callcentric to ring the Google Talk? How should I set it up?
We do appreciate your knowledge. Thank you again.

Stewart

I know nothing about Google Talk, so can't help you there.  Perhaps someone else will chime in.

If you want calls to your Argentina DID to also ring your cell phone, change SP2 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute from ph to {ph,sp1(12123456789)} subsistuting your actual cell phone number for 12123456789.  The OBi will send the outbound leg on your Google Voice service, so the call will be free (though it will use cellular minutes).  Instead of ringing your cell phone, you could use the same method to ring another GV number (a different account than the one your OBi is using).  I've heard that there is a bug where if GV voicemail picks up, you can't record for more than 30 seconds.

The Virtual PBX feature of sendmycall may also do what you want, but I know nothing about that, either.

QBZappy

Frankfone,

Where sp1=GV

sp1(name@gmail.com)
Above works in the speed dial slot. You can call another Gtalk user this way.

You might incorporate this into the SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute (Where SP1 is the GV acct). This should bridge an incoming call to a any GTalk account.:
{ph,sp1(name@gmail.com)}
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Frankfone

Thank you QB and the rest. This is a great support group. I'll tell what happened after I try different settings.