News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Currently have Vonage. Is Obi right for me?

Started by Fasttimes, June 22, 2012, 07:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fasttimes

I've had Vonage for over 10 years.  The only reason I haven't switched to Ooma or something else is because I need the multiple simulring feature Vonage has.  Specifically the ability to ring multiple phones at the same time.

Can I accomplish this with Obi?  To be honest, I can't really figure out how Obi works.  It seems different than Vonage or Ooma.

earthtoobi

Obi (obitalk service) is not a service provider for US/International number calling. you need a VOIP(SIP) provider(like callcentric)/GoogleVoice or anything that you can connect to LINE port in Obi110(landline,vonage etc).

Simulring is available in callcentric.

Fasttimes

So if my Vonage number is 7035551212 and I want to use Simulring from GV and 911 from CallCentric are the following steps correct?

1. Setup Obi
2. Setup CallCentric account
3. Port 7035551212 to mobile number using SIM card trick
4. Port 7035551212 to GV
5. Use Obi with GV on SP1 and CallCentric on SP2

pc44

Fasttimes,

Those steps seem correct to me.  As the port process takes a couple days, you may want to take that into account.  Also, for 911 through Callcentric on your SP2, you will need to eventually configure the OBI so that 911 calls are automatically routed to your SP2.

Also, since Google Voice does not provide incoming Caller ID Naming (CNAM), and since you are signing up with CC for their 911 service, you will have the option of routing your incoming GV calls to CC and then to your Obi.  This would then provide you with incoming CNAM.  Other than that, I believe your outlined steps are correct. :)

pc44

Fasttimes

So how do I route GV to CC?  Just use GV forwarding to the CC number?

And how do I direct CC to my obi?

jimates

Quote from: Fasttimes on July 08, 2012, 06:28:08 AM
So how do I route GV to CC?  Just use GV forwarding to the CC number?

And how do I direct CC to my obi?

Yes, put your CC number as a forwarding number in google voice.

You set up CC on your Obi as a SIP provider. Someone familiar with CC can help you with that.
It should be an option from the setup menu when you choose to setup another service on your sp2.

I found this from a post by RonR

Callcentric on SP2:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> Name : Callcentric
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> DigitMap:

(*123|**275*xx.|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.'@'@@.)

where aaa is your local area code.

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> ProxyServer : callcentric.com
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> OutboundProxy : callcentric.com
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> RegistrationPeriod : 3600

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : B
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName : 1777nnnnnnn
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthPassword : (sip password)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> CallerIDName : (callerid name)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> MWIEnable : (checked)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_VMWIEnable : (checked)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> MessageWaiting : (unchecked) (Default unchecked)