News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Question on voicemail

Started by Carlos60, June 23, 2012, 06:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlos60

Good morning,
New to OBI so be gentle  ;)
Using the OBI202 with freephoneline on line 1 and Google Voice on line 2. I switched to OBI from a Linksys PAP2 NA because I wanted to add a second service (Google Voice right now).
Anyways, I used to be able to check freephoneline messages on phone by dialing *98 but now when I dial it I just get a "hum". Any suggestions?
TIA,

pc44

Hi Carlos60,

The *98 that you are entering is also used by the Obi for Blind Call Transfer.  So when you are entering *98, it is likely thinking you want that feature instead of passing the *98 on to your SP1 provider.

In your OBI, see the following:
Star Codes -> Star Code Profile A -> Code28 -> *98, Blind Transfer, coll($Bxrn)

You could try to disable this and see if that will help.  If not, then you will need to modify one of your digit maps to account for this *98 option.  We may even have to set up a speed dial to workaround this.

pc44

pc44

If you go the way of the DigitMap edit, you could try this:

Under Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap

Change your default (1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)
to this            (*98|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

Test and let us know! :)
pc44

Carlos60

Quote from: pc44 on June 23, 2012, 07:40:51 AM
Hi Carlos60,

The *98 that you are entering is also used by the Obi for Blind Call Transfer.  So when you are entering *98, it is likely thinking you want that feature instead of passing the *98 on to your SP1 provider.

In your OBI, see the following:
Star Codes -> Star Code Profile A -> Code28 -> *98, Blind Transfer, coll($Bxrn)

You could try to disable this and see if that will help.  If not, then you will need to modify one of your digit maps to account for this *98 option.  We may even have to set up a speed dial to workaround this.

pc44

Hi pc44,
I tried that suggestion alone without changing the digit map and it was a no go. I left the star code disabled and changed the digit map (as noted above) and voila I can now access my voice mail.
Thanks for your help,
Carlos

Carlos60

Quote from: pc44 on June 23, 2012, 07:57:15 AM

to this            (*98|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

pc44
Thanks - that worked!  ;D

pc44

Hi Carlos,

Glad to hear you solved it!!  :)

Thanks for letting us know,
pc44

shanek

Quote from: Carlos60 on June 23, 2012, 12:21:46 PM
Quote from: pc44 on June 23, 2012, 07:57:15 AM

pc44
Thanks - that worked!  ;D

I just tried doing this and it wont work!  it doesnt even save the information and I clicked on submit and then rebooted and still doesnt work. when i went back into the information settings i noticed that it isnt saving when i add the *98|

QBZappy

shanek,

You need to configure using either the Obi portal or the unit web page. Pick a method.

Managing Your OBi Device Configuration: OBiTALK or OBi Web Page but NOT Both
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=61.msg109#msg109
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.