News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Comnet (信通电话) HK$10 per month

Started by yhfung, June 24, 2012, 01:20:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yhfung

In this summer, you can get a very good offer from Comnet at HK$10 per month. For details, please take a look at the following website:

http://www.comnet-telecom.com.hk/index.php

YH
Hong Kong and China OBi Users Group
www.telecom-cafe.com

stijn1976

Hi,
What is the exact offer? Is it the app similar to Viber?? Or do you get a Hong Kong number and SIP address as well?
Thanks

yhfung

They provide you a HK (DID) number such that you could make or receive calls with it. They would provide the SIP credentials such that you could log in their SIP server all over the world.

If you are not able to read the contents of this website, you may need the Google translator to translate the website.

YH
www.telecom-cafe.com

stijn1976

Hi, do you know if I can use their SIP URI with another number as well, e.g. link it to an US or European number?? If so, what are the settings to do so?

Thanks!

yhfung

I believe that you have to use an OBi1xx such that you can install Comnet SIP URI on SIP2 and Google Voice on SIP1. With suitable settings on OBi1xx, I believe that you are able to do that task that you want. How to do it? I do not have an immedidate answer for it since I need to read the manual for OBi1xx.

YH
www.telecom-cafe.com

stijn1976

Hi,
Thanks for your help. I have a Dutch number via DIDlogic (DID market)., I can actually key in a SIP address for the number and all phone calls to the Dutch number shoudl be received via the SIP number.

In my current setup, I have it linked to my Ekiga SIP address and it works beautiful. However I have tried with Google Voice SIP and Comnet ((registered) for a free account and I don;'t seem to get it to work. Theoretically, if someone can call to a SIP address, one should also be able to forward calls to a sip address in this manner. But it seems there is some blocks. I haven't had real time to sort things out, probably need to get a SIP dialer to test some things.

I logged a question with Comnet and they returned with packages starting at 58 HKD...Using google translate on the Comnet website did give me the 10 HKD deal...I love being a gweilo...