News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Incoming call from sp1(Obi100) by Obitalk forward to another OBi110 !

Started by AlexSun, June 24, 2012, 07:17:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexSun

Hello Everyone!

I have Obi110(200111111) and Obi100(300333333), I hope that incoming call on Obi100 forward to Obi110 by Obitalk.

But I encountered some problems, hope you will help me.

OBI100 set: SP1 Service ---- X_InboundCallRoute: {PP(200111111)}

OBI110 set: OBiTALK Service  ---  InboundCallRoute: {300333333:aa},{ph}
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problem:

When an incoming call(caller id:700123456), incoming call from SP1/OBI100 directly to the aa/OBi110, why not PHONT port? aa auto-answer, phone the port without any response.

I have set (OBI110 the set: OBiTALK Service --- InboundCallRoute: {300 333 333: aa}, ​​{ph}), Why aa response to the call Id: 700 123 456.

I read a lot of information can not be solved, I hope someone can help solve, thank you.

pc44

Hi AlexSun,

If you want all incoming calls on the OBI110 to go to your Phone Port, why don't you try this:

OBI110 set: OBiTALK Service  ---  InboundCallRoute: {ph}

Now, calls that go to the OBI110 should go directly to your Phone Port.

Test it out and let us know,
pc44 :)

AlexSun

Quote from: pc44 on June 24, 2012, 07:49:07 AM
Hi AlexSun,

If you want all incoming calls on the OBI110 to go to your Phone Port, why don't you try this:

OBI110 set: OBiTALK Service  ---  InboundCallRoute: {ph}

Now, calls that go to the OBI110 should go directly to your Phone Port.

Test it out and let us know,

Thanks for pc44 reply!

OBI110 set: OBiTALK Service  ---  InboundCallRoute: {ph}-- incoming call to PHONE port this will work!

But I also hope obi100 call Obi110 (200111111) to reach aa of Obi110, how to solve?

pc44

Hi AlexSun,

I don't really know the best way to do this, but here is only a thought.

You could try enabling X_SpoofCallerID on the OBI100.

Then, change the InboundCallRoute on the OBI110 back to {300333333:aa},{ph}
...where 300333333 is the Obitalk number of your OBI100 device.

Don't know if that will work, but it is a theory you could test, if you think it makes any sense. :)

pc44

AlexSun

Quote from: pc44 on June 24, 2012, 08:44:32 AM
Hi AlexSun,

I don't really know the best way to do this, but here is only a thought.

You could try enabling X_SpoofCallerID on the OBI100.

Then, change the InboundCallRoute on the OBI110 back to {300333333:aa},{ph}
...where 300333333 is the Obitalk number of your OBI100 device.

Don't know if that will work, but it is a theory you could test, if you think it makes any sense. :)

pc44

Hi pc44

If OBI110 set: OBiTALK Service  ---  InboundCallRoute: {300333333:aa},{ph}, incoming call (700 123 456) will reach to aa/OBi110, OBi100 call **9200 111 111 also reach to aa/OBi100, PHONE Port don't ring.

Thanks for your reply!

pc44

Hi AlexSun,

I'm thinking the X_SpoofCallerID may not work via Obitalk.

Is the Caller ID successfully getting passed to the OBI110?  When you look at your Call History on the OBI110, does it list the correct Caller ID for the calls from the OBI100?  (I was hoping it was showing you the Caller ID of the original caller that is being forwarded, and I was also hoping for the Caller ID of the OBI100 when you are dialing directly from OBI to OBI).

Not sure on this,
pc44

AlexSun

Quote from: pc44 on June 24, 2012, 09:41:49 AM
Hi AlexSun,

I'm thinking the X_SpoofCallerID may not work via Obitalk.

Is the Caller ID successfully getting passed to the OBI110?  When you look at your Call History on the OBI110, does it list the correct Caller ID for the calls from the OBI100?  (I was hoping it was showing you the Caller ID of the original caller that is being forwarded, and I was also hoping for the Caller ID of the OBI100 when you are dialing directly from OBI to OBI).

Not sure on this,
pc44

Hello pc44

In call history(Obi110) I saw correct Caller Id (700 123456), but why aa(Obi110) answer this Caller Id? I only set (OBI110 set: OBiTALK Service  ---  InboundCallRoute: {300333333:aa},{ph}), I can't understand.

Stewart

An OBiTalk call in essence has two caller IDs -- the number of the sending OBi (used for authentication and routing) and the number of the original caller (to be passed on to the destination phone).  The manual doesn't make it clear when and how these are used.

I believe that if on the OBi110, the OBiTalk Service -> InboundCallRoute is {300333333>1:aa},{ph}

and on the OBi100, speed dial 2 is set to pp(200111111)
then you could dial 2*1# on the OBi100 to reach the AA on the OBi110.

Hoever, it may be more convenient to avoid the AA altogether; see http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=1103.0

AlexSun

Quote from: Stewart on June 24, 2012, 10:37:09 AM
An OBiTalk call in essence has two caller IDs -- the number of the sending OBi (used for authentication and routing) and the number of the original caller (to be passed on to the destination phone).  The manual doesn't make it clear when and how these are used.

I believe that if on the OBi110, the OBiTalk Service -> InboundCallRoute is {300333333>1:aa},{ph}

Hoever, it may be more convenient to avoid the AA altogether; see http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=1103.0

The problem has been solved, very grateful to Stewart.

Now I fully understand this syntax: {300 333 333> 1: aa}

infin8loop

Quote from: Stewart on June 24, 2012, 10:37:09 AM
An OBiTalk call in essence has two caller IDs -- the number of the sending OBi (used for authentication and routing) and the number of the original caller (to be passed on to the destination phone).  The manual doesn't make it clear when and how these are used.

Using this as inspiration I made a change to the InboundCallRoute as originally outlined in http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=1103.0:

Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute (OBi100/OBi110):

{(Mcot)>(<*1:>(Msp1)),(Mcot)>(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(Mcot)>(<*2:>(Msp2)),(Mcot)>(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},
{(Mcot)>(<*8:>(Mli)),(Mcot)>(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(Mcot)>(<*9:>(Mpp)),(Mcot)>(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},
{(Mcot)>(Mpli):pli},{(Mcot)>*0:aa},{ph}

I added the 3 characters in red >*0 above.   This allows using OBiTalk to forward incoming calls from one OBi to another without them ending up in the AA of the target machine because each Obi is in the COT of the other (the AA issue was luckily discovered by an incoming call from a non-hostile "voip buddy").  My Obi's are numbered 91 and 92 (using the speed dial concept as outline in the referenced post).  So I can dial 92**0# from Obi1 to reach AA on Obi2 or 91**0# from Obi2 to reach AA on Obi1.  The **0 keeps the spirit of the original dialing method intact as well. For the record I'm not sure if this breaks OBion clients, etc. ability to get to AA.  I don't use them..... yet. 

I had already come to the same conclusion of "An OBiTalk call in essence has two caller IDs....".  I just wasn't sure of a way to get around it until I saw this series of posts.   So, thanks!     
"This has not only been fun, it's been a major expense." - Gallagher

pc44

Stewart and/or Infin8loop,

Is there any way to append the 1 or *0 in your examples to a regular inbound call, so that the call is then passed along -without- the caller having to type/press the 1 or *0?

The goal is to dial an OBI that has its inbound call route going straight to the AA.  *IF* it is possible to append a 1 to the end of the inbound sequence, would this then eliminate the caller's need to "Press 1 to continue this call"?

I'm trying to find a perfect solution to pikach's thread, where a caller dials the OBI, reaches/hears the AA, and then is immediately and automatically forwarded to the Phone Port, which rings until someone physically answers the call.  I don't know if that's possible.  If it was, then the AA Menu prompt could be replaced with a %User1% prompt, and pikach's goal of outmaneuvering Google voicemail could occur.

Wondering,
pc44

infin8loop

Quote from: pc44 on June 25, 2012, 08:11:48 PM
Stewart and/or Infin8loop,

Is there any way to append the 1 or *0 in your examples to a regular inbound call, so that the call is then passed along -without- the caller having to type/press the 1 or *0?

I'm not aware of a way to append and/or pass digit(s) on to the AA from an inbound call.  As used in the InboundCallRoute, the >1 or >*0 is not actually passed to the auto attendant.  The >1 or >*0 in effect triggers the auto attendant to answer and do it's thing.  I think, LOL.
"This has not only been fun, it's been a major expense." - Gallagher

QBZappy

pc44,

Since no one has figured out a way to do this programmatically, I think it might be possible to trick the OBi into submission by giving it what it wants by essentially giving it the press "1" to continue this call without user intervention. I'm suggesting that the initial AA announcement could be a recording of the "1" touch tone to simulate the pressing of that key. The DTMFMethod may need to be set to Inband.

Telephone Keypad » keypad_1.wav
http://www.freesound.org/people/soundplusdesign/sounds/66290/

I have not tested this.

Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Ostracus

One could try modifying this bit of advice to accomplish one's goal.

pc44

Thank you, Gentlemen.

I'm not personally interested in bypassing Google's Voicemail, as it is practically exactly what I need.  I really like the voicemail transcription feature, which can then be sent as a text to a cell phone.  However, it seems many others have long-wanted a way around Google's Voicemail system, hence my query.

Thanks QBZappy... I think your suggestion is by far the best currently.  While I have not tried it out or tested it, it sounds as though the user in the other thread (pikach) has it already working.