News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Automatic call back digitmap question for Anonymous calls

Started by larrybob, June 01, 2012, 08:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

larrybob

This is the digit map I am using for automatic call return to a number dialed to sp1:
{(<**2>(Mcallback)):aa($1)}     "callback" is a user defined digit map with all the numbers that are allowed to get a call back.  It is working.

I am traveling to South America and would like to get call backs from a phone i will be using there.
The problem is that caller ID will not be working all the time.
I would like to get a call back to a specific number (558512341234) from any number that calls in .. or anonymous. this way when ever I call to my google voice number the return call back will go to a cell phone in South America no mater what.

Thanks for the help

Larry

pc44

Larry,

You could give this a try:

{(<**2>(x.)):aa(558512341234)}

...where x. will hopefully match all incoming calls and initiate a callback to the 558 number via SP2.

pc44

QBZappy

pc44,
larrybob,

I don't think it works that way."$1" is hard coded to represent a number to call back. $1 is used to expand either the CID picked up by the OBi or a number provided by the user after pressing option 3 of the AA. The OBi stores that number (variable) temporarily to make the CBack. I understand from the user guide that there a two ways to initiate a call back:

Method 1) {(<**1>(14089913313|12121559801)):aa($1)}

Scenario - Call in hang up before OBi picks up and the Obi will call back either of the two numbers above if it is recognized in the CID.

This scenario may not work for the OP since CID is not reliable. Hence the problem.

Method 2) Involves selecting Option 3 after the AA picks up.

Scenario - Call in deliberately hit the AA and drop a CBack number (manually or perhaps by speed dial).

I think that you are correct in assuming all calls are to be directed to the AA in order to give the OP a chance to initiate the CBack by pressing Option # 3 + a CBack number. I suspect that a number setup in the speed dial may be a more efficient way of initaing this CBack if it is to be routine. This may work.

Mcallback should be modified to include "x." in the far right end of the line, since you want this rule to be picked up last as a failsafe in order to pick up all CIDs.

{(<**2>(x.)):aa($1)}

Note that all calls will hit the AA. OP should make that number really private and set up the AA PIN.

Since using Option 1 the caller must hangup before the OBi answers, it should not cost anything to try other than cell aire time. It may pick up the CID and CBack. If not try the other method. That should be reliable since it is the user providing the number to CBack.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

pc44

Thanks QBZappy.

I was shooting for the moon there, hoping for a way to do the callback without necessitating a charge/cost for the initial call.  Using the AA menu system for the callback, as you described, sounds like the only reliable solution here.  Hopefully, Larry will post back here and let us know once he has your callback setup up and running.

Thanks QBZ,
pc44 :)

AlexSun

Try this:

{(x.):aa(SP1(558512341234))}

Red font part of the parameters may be modified, because The caller id does not work.

pc44

Update <- ;D

It seems as though the following should work:

{(x.):aa(**25551231234)}

...where 5551231234 is whatever specific number you want to use.  The **2 that comes before your desired number is optional, in the event that you want to route the callback through SP2.

The good news is that I tested this using an anonymous call block, and the AA still performed the callback to the desired, target number.  The only problem is that I am unfamiliar with the AA and also do not have sufficient landlines available right now with which to do more testing.  For reference, I read this from the OBi Device Admin Guide's AA Callback Service:
QuoteA rule can be added to the InboundCallRoute parameter to have the AA call back the caller's or any other number, if the caller hangs up before the AA answers. The rule should indicate that "aa(callback-number)" is the target destination of the call, where callback-number is the number that the AA should call back if the caller hangs up before the AA answers the call.

Hope it helps,
pc44

QBZappy

Quote from: pc44 on June 24, 2012, 08:29:55 AM
It seems as though the following should work:

{(x.):aa(**25551231234)}

I could reproduce the CBack with a static number, however the (x.) didn't do anything for me. It worked when I replaced it with my cell number eg:
{(5145551212):aa(**25551231234)}

This still leaves me without the ability of receiving a CBack call without proper CID being picked up. This may just be a small detail in the inbound rule. It seems that the $1 variable can be hard coded by the user. To block my CID using my cell I need to press #31# + number. Result on the receiving phone is "Private number". What did your CID show in the call history when you did *67?
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

pc44

Quote from: QBZappy on June 24, 2012, 10:05:49 PMI could reproduce the CBack with a static number, however the (x.) didn't do anything for me. It worked when I replaced it with my cell number eg:
{(5145551212):aa(**25551231234)}

This still leaves me without the ability of receiving a CBack call without proper CID being picked up. This may just be a small detail in the inbound rule. It seems that the $1 variable can be hard coded by the user. To block my CID using my cell I need to press #31# + number. Result on the receiving phone is "Private number". What did your CID show in the call history when you did *67?

Good question.  I'm looking at the call history, and this is what I am finding for my *67 call to the OBI:
QuoteCall 18   06/24/2012    10:54:23   
Terminal ID   GoogleVoice4   AA1
Peer Name      
Peer Number      
Direction   Inbound   Inbound
10:54:23   Ringing   
10:54:31   End Call

Peer number and peer name were just blank.  Maybe we need to modify the (x.) to something else to account for the Private Number scenario.  Maybe (x.|@?) would allow for the alphanumeric "Private number," but there must be a cleaner way to write that.

pc44

QBZappy

pc44,

Call Back (Set up with a static CBack number)
{(x.|@?):aa(5145551212)}
Note to force over a specific SP we can use the optional **1/2/8 for OBi110  eg **25145551212

I tested this and it worked in both of the following cases:
1) OBi call history Peer Name & Peer Number both blank
2) OBi call history Peer Name & Peer Number both populated with name and number

This should force all incoming calls to the OBi to CBack to a preset number irregardless of what CID is picked up or if CID is blank. Users can call in, and hang up after the first ring avoiding long distance charges.

A side note to this is that you can also trigger a CBack in this manner by using GTalk using a computer. The OBi call history shows the name of the GTalk incoming caller. I guess this is a not too obvious web Call Back feature of the OBi.

pc44

QBZappy,

Thanks for testing and confirming this on your end!  It's great to know that it works.

Quote from: QBZappy on June 25, 2012, 10:50:49 AMA side note to this is that you can also trigger a CBack in this manner by using GTalk using a computer. The OBi call history shows the name of the GTalk incoming caller. I guess this is a not too obvious web Call Back feature of the OBi.

I had not even thought of that side note.  That's a nice alternate method for triggering AA callback.

Nice work,
pc44