News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Conditional Call Forward Set Up

Started by jwp123, June 26, 2012, 08:25:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwp123

I am trying to figure out a way to have unanswered calls forwarded with proper CID info to a Youmail voice mail service.  I have OBI10. I am using callcentric on SP1 and no other service. (SP2 - not configured).  I currently have call forward number set to SP1(11234561234) after 4 rings.  When it works the caller id info posted to you mail is not the number I called from but the callcentric number I called.

Can anyone provide proper entries to make conditional call forward pass the proper CID info so that the VM service gets original caller id and the original number the caller was calling.  Example:

Callcentric number : 15551231234
Call Forward after for rings SP1(15553214321)
From an outside line call 15551231234 from number 15559876541234
Call gets forwarded to VM system at 15553214321
CID info picked up by VM system would be calling number 15559876541234 number called 15551231234

If I cannot resolve this issue I am not sure I will use VOIP

jimates

Since a forwarded call is actually a new call with the other call bridged to it, the forwarded calls almost always carry the cid of the new outgoing call.

The ability to send the cid of the original call would be a feature offered by the provider that forwards the call. Since obi is not a provider, but a device that is placing an outgoing call and bridging the original call to it, it does not pass the caller id.

I don't know for sure but perhaps callcentric can provide that service, but only if the call is forwarded there and not at the Obi.

jwp123

Thanks for the reply.  Callcentric can retain the calling number but not the number called.  They deferred the solution to Obi110

"Yes, when forwarding via our system, the original caller's caller ID will show. To have it show the number called the call would need to be forwarded on your end (ie the Obi110) after being answered (as you were trying initially)."

It seems that Obi adding the functionality that I am looking for would be a good idea for anyone forwarding to a voice mail system for handling.

QBZappy

jwp123,

I am not familiar with Callcentric, however try this.
ITSP Profile A/B->SIP->X_SpoofCallerID = Put check mark here

OBi passes the original CID over the OBiTALK service. Meaning OBi to OBi (or OBiAPP). For some reason they have not implemented this over other sip services.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Stewart

The bad news: The OBi cannot do RDNIS in any form; see http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/RDNIS .

The not-so-bad news: You can probably do this with a Call Treatment in Callcentric, though I haven't tried.

The good news:  Conditional forward to SP1(5551231234@sip.youmail.com) (5551231234 must be in My Phones on your Youmail account)

Even better news: Instead of in the OBi, do the above with a Call Treatment at Callcentric.  That way, VM calls will work even if the OBi is offline, they won't go through the OBi so quality should be better, and they won't tie up any resources on the OBi.

Felix

I know this is possible with cell phones, and I know that VoicePulse offers this as a service. I doubt that OBi can do it by itself. Whether CallCentric can do it, I don't know - keep us posted whether you are successful.
What I did instead, I bought a paid YouMail account. It gives you a dedicated phone number, and I set up call forwarding that calls this number (instead of mine) in case I don't pick up. Since this YouMail number is mine, and the CallerID comes straight from the call - everything works out great!

Quote from: jwp123 on June 26, 2012, 08:25:11 PM
If I cannot resolve this issue I am not sure I will use VOIP

Is it a threat or a promise?