News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Vestalink not ringing

Started by mzeke, May 01, 2014, 05:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mzeke

My GV number used to ring. VL was my outgoing provider. (The VL autoconfigure tool never worked so I manually configured.) My number was successfully ported from GV to VL. I had GV as SP1 and VL as SP2. I was told to delete SP1. It now says "Not configured." I was told to check SP2 as my primary line. It is checked as primary for outgoing calls and works fine. I have tried checking it for incoming calls. My phone doesn't ring and it somehow becomes unchecked. I have the following Qs:

1) should I delete my GV number in my GV account?

2) should there be boxes both for incoming/outgoing calls identified as Phone 2 (assuming the 2 corresponds to SP2).

BTW as I was typing this Obihai support responded and said I should install a SIP softphone on my PC.

Thanks

AlanB

Quote from: mzeke on May 01, 2014, 05:29:37 PM

2) should there be boxes both for incoming/outgoing calls identified as Phone 2 (assuming the 2 corresponds to SP2).

No, Phone 2 is the port number on the back of the Obi.  You have a model with two phone ports.  If you phone is connected to port 1, you will need to make sure Phone 1 is set to ring. 

mzeke

Hi AlanB,

Unfortunately the box I check to allow incoming calls to ring on phone 1 will not stay checked. I have tried a million times. Any thoughts?

Thanks

AlanB

You may have to try Expert Configuration...Physical Interfaces...Phone 1...Primary Line

If that doesn't work...  Perhaps move your phone to Port 2.  Lame solution, but if it works, it can at least get you by for a while.