News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBION on iPad not receicing calls

Started by Fasttimes, June 29, 2012, 07:26:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fasttimes

I just installed an Obi 100 and installed the obiion app for the iPad and configured Obi to use my GV number

I can make calls out from the iPad, but calls made to my GV only ring on the phone hooked up to the 100.

QBZappy

Fasttimes,

You need to make changes here:

ITSP InboundCallRoute-> {(x.5145551111|x.5145552222):aa($1)},{pp(ob290000000),ph}

Explanation:
{First part is for callback},{ring OBiAPP, & ring phone port}

Substitute the numbers with the appropriate numbers that apply to your case.I included the Callback so that you can see another feature. If you don't need it then omit it.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Fasttimes

Unfortuantely what you said is all greek to me. I don't even know where to start.

I'm assuming I need to do this with the Obi Expert?  

Do I go to "Setup Wizard" and change the "ITSP InboundCallRoute" value to what you suggested?  Right now that value has just ph.   I've tried changing the value, but the web-page won't accept my keypresses.  This is very strange :(

For the x.5145551111|x.5145552222 numbers, are those the "Obi No." Values shown in the dashboard?

What about the port value that you have listed as ob290000000.  Where do I find that?

What is the Callback feature?  (And where can I read about all of the features)

Thanks!

QBZappy

Quote from: Fasttimes on June 29, 2012, 07:53:02 AM
I'm assuming I need to do this with the Obi Expert?  

Decide if you prefer to use the OBi portal or the OBi unit to make configurations. If you decide to use the OBi unit you will then need to disable the OBi Auto Provisioning features of the OBi so that the OBiTALK portal don't overwrite them. There are pros and cons of each method. As you get better you will probably want to configure directly off the unit since it is probably right next to you. One big advantage of the portal is that you can remotely configure a unit in someone else's home.

Managing Your OBi Device Configuration: OBiTALK or OBi Web Page but NOT Both
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=61.0

Do I go to SP1 Service and change the X_InboundCallRoute value to what you suggested?  
Once you have figured out if you are using the portal or the unit web page, then YES, change SP1 or SP2 what ever account you have set up.

Right now that value has just ph.

That's why your OBiAPP is not ringing. At the moment it is configured to only ring the phone.

For the x.5145551111|x.5145552222 numbers, are those the "Obi No." Values shown in the dashboard?

Replace those numbers with your cell and/or your other persons cell. When you call the number and hang up before the unit answers, it will call back the number on the CID if it matches one that is programmed in this section of the config. When it calls back you can make an outgoing call if you have free incoming minutes on your cell plan.This is only of benefit to those that must pay air time when making outgoing calls and have free incoming using a cell. Or perhaps you want to give your parents free GV outgoing.

What about the port value that you have listed as ob290000000.  Where do I find that?

That is not a port value. That would be the OBiAPP number. Replace it with your number.

What is the Callback feature?  (And where can I read about all of the features)

See above for description of Callback.

Have a look here for some reading material.
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3519.msg23405#msg23405
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Fasttimes

Thanks! The iPad now rings.

Question:  Am I limited to just one softphone at a time?

QBZappy

Fasttimes,

One per account. However with creative dial plans you can open another account and use the second OBiAPP number in the dial plan to make and receive calls.

PS
Isn't this just like IRC  :D

Fasttimes

Quote from: QBZappy on June 29, 2012, 09:12:46 AM
Fasttimes,

One per account. However with creative dial plans you can open another account and use the second OBiAPP number in the dial plan to make and receive calls.

Ah... so I can create as many obi accoutns as I need, say one for each device, be it computer, smartphone, tablet etc?

I did this for my iPad and added the iPad to the cicle of trust for my "main" account and was able to receive simultaneous rings on my phone hooked to the obi and the ipad at the same time.

Do I also need to link the accounts using the circle of trust so I can also make calls out from these additional accounts?

This is very very very cool.

QBZappy

Fasttimes,

Various OBiAPPs can be used on just one box. Like I said you will have to be creative with the dial plans and inbound/outbound call routes for it to be as seamless as possible. You will end up with either one stage or two stage dialing. Two stage dialing is probably the easiest to explain and to setup. However if you want to have everything interconnected and seamless one stage dialing is probably what you want. Either way gives you the same results, one with a few more keys and seconds. See posts from RonR explaining "one stage dialing"

Fasttimes

I'm a little confused to what constitutes an "Obiapp".

Is that the account itself, or an endpoint like the actual obi box or softphone?  (BTW, I edited my previous response while you were replying.)

QBZappy

For Apple I think they call it OBion.

QBZappy

I just noticed that they renamed the OBiAPP to OBiON PC (Formerly OBiAPP for PC)
http://www.obihai.com/obiapps.html