News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Are Obi devices limited to the number of endpoints?

Started by Fasttimes, June 29, 2012, 08:09:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fasttimes

Right now my dashboard shows my obi 100 and a softphone.  Is it possible to add more?

My goal is so that I have the Obi100 at home and my iPhone and iPad have ability to receieve calls and dial from my home number, all at the same time.

I'm starting to suspect I can only have one softphone at a given time which kinda puts a wrench in my plans.

I think I saw someone suggest that I get a free VOIP# (I'm not sure where I'm supposed to do this) for each device and have GV ring them simueltaenously.  Is this feasible?

QBZappy

Quote from: QBZappy on June 23, 2012, 05:20:37 AM
Frankfone,

Where sp1=GV

sp1(name@gmail.com)
Above works in the speed dial slot. You can call another Gtalk user this way.

You might incorporate this into the SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute (Where SP1 is the GV acct). This should bridge an incoming call to a any GTalk account.:
{ph,sp1(name@gmail.com)}

If you plan on receiving calls on the computer, you may not yet have realized that the OBi unit has basically a GTALK/GCHAT client builtin. You can set up the unit to make and receive calls if you configure the gmail address into the dial plan. Above quote shows how it can be accomplished.

Where SP1 or 2 is setup with GV:
Here is a variation of what I gave you previously that might work for you:
ITSP InboundCallRoute-> {(x.5145551111|x.5145552222|name@gmail.com):aa},{sp1/2(name@gmail.com),pp(ob290000000),ph}

Explanation:
{any of the incoming CID including a GTALK go directly to the AA},{ring the following simultaneously GTALK,OBiAPP,Phone}

Just be careful not to use the same "name@gmail.com" in both parts, that would not make sense.

Getting a free incoming DID from Callcentric could also do the trick for receiving calls on a soft phone client.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

GregoryZ

I've been working on this too.

What I am trying to do is: Have my GV calls ring my phone attaced to the OBi100 and ring the OBiAPPs that are running on both my PC and a Laptop.  Further, I want to be able to take my Laptop on the road, and be able to get and make single-stage calls through my OBi100 at home.

I first found this topic:  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=828.0
After doing what Jimates suggested in post #5, I was still not able to get things working correctly.

I've been working on this for the past couple of days.  As of this eve., I've come up with this:

SP1 is a my GV Info. I've managed to get both OBiAPPS on my PC and Laptop to ring using this:
X_InboundCallRoute:  {ph,PP1(ob290aaaaaa),PP1(ob290bbbbbb)}  (both OBiTALK Numbers)
For some reason I had to add the second PP1(ob290bbbbbb) instead of: PP1(ob290aaaaaa|ob290bbbbbb) or even (ob290aaaaaa)|(ob290bbbbbb) in order to get it to function.  

I'm still having issues, as it seems to work a couple of times, and then neither of the ObiAPPs ring.   :'(  I'm thinking I have port issues on my router.  I'd like some feedback!!

I had the one-step dial working once, but I seem to have played around too much and it's not working now.  But I'm determined that I'll figure it out again.  :-[

EDIT:  This is now all working.  I was having problems from my router.  I kept loosing the WiFi signal to the Laptop.

As for the one-stage dial.  
OBiTalk Service: InboundCallRoute is: {(290aaaaaa|290bbbbbb)>(xx.):SP1},{(290aaaaaa|290bbbbbb):aa},{ph}

Under AA, my Primary Line is :OBiTALK Service

All seems to be working fine, but have not been able to test it with my Laptop on a different Router then the one that the Desktop and OBi100 is attached to.  
OBi100, OBi110, OBi200, OBi202

jimates

OK, since I recently changed to the 202 from the 110 I had not fully completed my configuration. Before I added the 202 to my main account, I first added it to my 2 other accounts, and set the default gateway for the softphone numbers in those accounts. You have to reset the Obi's factory default each time you add it to another account, but that will not change the gateway setting of the softphone. And the softphones will use the Obi settings  that are current when they access it. So you don't have to do any configuration except in the final account.

Results, I have 3 softphones with the same default gateway. When you are signed in it will tell you the number of the gateway it is using. If you don't do it this way, the other softphones will not have a default gateway and you will have to use speed dial settings when dialing to call into the designated Obi (so much for single stage dialing). If you want to use multiple Obi's you can use speed dial settings for those that are not the default gateway.

Last night I completed my configuration and checked my softphones for accuracy.

From each one I can, place a call as if I were dialing from the phone port of my Obi.

Dialing a 7 digit number works.
Dialing **2, **3 or **4 ahead of the 7 digit number, delivers the call using the corresponding service.
Dialing * + send/call or # + send/call reaches the AA.
Incoming calls to my SP1 service is delivered to the phone port, & all my softphones.
Not sure how speed dials are suppose to work, checking that situation out further.

here are my configuration settings. If you are not using a 202 then it can be modified. I used the settings from my 110 and added for the extra services and deleted the references to the line.

Let me know if you need explanations or help.

Service Providers

ITSP Profile A general (google voice)
Digit Map = (<411:18003733411>|(Mste))
(set for 1800FREE411, ad supported)  Thanks to pc44

ITSP Proifile B general (sip - callcentric)
Digit Map = ((Mste))

ITSP Profile C general

ITSP Profile D general

Voice Service

SP1 Service (google voice)
X_InboundCallRoute = {(1814846xxxx):ph1},{}
(only calls with my google voice caller id will ring my phone. This allows me to use "click to call" with the Obi. All other calls are ignored)

SP2 Service (callcentric)
X_InboundCallRoute = {ph1,pp(ob290xxxxxx),pp(ob290xxxxxx),pp(ob290xxxxxx)}
(calls forked to the phone port and 3 softphones. Callcentric gives me caller id with name)

SP3 Service
X_InboundCallRoute =  {ph2}

SP4 Service
X_InboundCallRoute =  {ph2}

Obitalk Service

Digit Map = (<ob>xxxxxxxxx|obxxxxxxxxx)

InboundCallRoute =
{(Mcot)>(<:>(Msp1)),(Mcot)>(<:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(Mcot)>(<*2:>(Msp2)),(Mcot)>(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(Mcot)>(<*3:>(Msp3)),(Mcot)>(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(Mcot)>(<*4:>(Msp4)),(Mcot)>(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(Mcot)>(<*9:>(Mpp)),(Mcot)>(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mcot)>(Mpli):sp1},{(Mcot):aa},{ph}

Auto Attendant

Digit Map = ([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|<00:$1>|0|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**3(Msp3)|**4(Msp4)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

OutboundCallRoute =
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{0:ph,ph2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Primary Line = SP1

Physical Intefaces

Phone 1

Digit Map =
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1{t=di2}(Msp1)|**2{t=si2}(Msp2)|**3{t=di2}(Msp3)|**4{t=di2}(Msp4)|**9{t=di2}(Mpp)|(Mpli))
(I get a second dial tone when pressing **1, **2, **3, **4 or **9 from the phone)

OutboundCallRoute =
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>):ph2},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4}
,{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Primary Line = SP1

Phone 2

Digit Map =
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1{t=di2}(Msp1)|**2{t=di2}(Msp2)|**3{t=di2}(Msp3)|**4{t=di2}(Msp4)|**9{t=di2}(Mpp)|(Mpli))
(same second dial tone as Ph1)

OutboundCallRoute =
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>):ph1},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Primary Line = SP3

User Settings
User Defined Digit Maps

Ste = (1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1814>[2-9]xxxxxx|011xx.)

Cot = (290xxxxxx|290xxxxxx|290xxxxxx)
(these are my 3 softphone numbers)

Digit Map "ipd" is there by default

****modified to reflect my current settings with the addition of callcentric****

pc44

Quote from: jimates on July 04, 2012, 03:08:41 AMDigit Map = (<411:18002464411>|(Mste))
(setting for bing411, which is not anymore. Leaving doesn't hurt, and allows for easy changes later)

Excellent guide, jimates.  If it is of any help, 1-800-FREE-411 is an active, free 411 service.  The only disadvantage is that it is ad-supported.

jimates

Quote from: pc44 on July 04, 2012, 09:34:55 AM
Quote from: jimates on July 04, 2012, 03:08:41 AMDigit Map = (<411:18002464411>|(Mste))
(setting for bing411, which is not anymore. Leaving doesn't hurt, and allows for easy changes later)

Excellent guide, jimates.  If it is of any help, 1-800-FREE-411 is an active, free 411 service.  The only disadvantage is that it is ad-supported.

Thanks pc44. I made the changes in my post and also on my Obi.

GregoryZ

Wow!, Jimates.  GREAT Work, THANKS!

Late in the day for me, been BBQin' with the neighbors for celebration of the 4th.  :)  Just got to your post.

I'll be working on this tonight, and see how things go for me.

Last night, I thought I had everything the way I wanted it, but both of my OBiAPPs quit working today.  Hopefully after I implement all of your Hard Work, I'll be up and running the way I want it.

Thanks so much for all the effort and time you put into this.

I'll post back after a few tests, with my results.

GregoryZ

jimates

Great. I do realize that a person might want to use a different trunk with each of their Obion apps, and not all using the same trunk like I have mine, even though they use the same gateway. This would give you say, direct 7 digit dialing from multiple apps and have each one use a different trunk for the outgoing call.

My configuration does have the ability to use any trunk but only using **x for any trunk other than the default.

I know how to set up each app for it's own trunk, but will likely not be as pretty as something RonR would give us. This is what I had before I asked RonR for a cleaned up version of it.
Obitalk InboundCallRoute
{(290xxxxxx|290xxxxxx|290xxxxxx)>(xx.):SP1},{(290xxxxxx|290xxxxxx|290xxxxxx)>(<**2:>xx.):SP2},{(290xxxxxx|290xxxxxx|290xxxxxx)>(<**8:>xx.):LI},{(290xxxxxx|290xxxxxx|290xxxxxx):aa},{ph}

hey, it worked.

GregoryZ

Update!

All set up and Working!!!    ;D

Not much testing done yet from outside calls, but looking good so far.

Thanks So Much!

I'll let you know if I have any issues. 

GregoryZ

Hey Jimates,

I am having a problem perhaps you can give me some insight on.

I don't believe the issue I'm having has anything to do with the set-up you gave us, but is a Port Problem on my side.

It seems that either of my OBiAPPs are not ringing after a while.  Symptoms I would describe as a Port Conflict. 

But, I can't find a conflict with any other program I'm running.  Even changed the port numbers and tested.  Also opened the ports on my router for the APPs and X-lites.  Everything is setup through the modem with Static IPs.

Each APP has a different Port #, and of course each instance of X-Lite matches.  They both work great at first.  But after some time.....  :(

I'm not able to speed dial from my PC APP to my Laptop APP.  While at the same time, I am not able to reach the PC APP from the Laptop APP.  But, I'm able to call an outside number from the Laptop APP.

So, I'm thinking the conflict is on the PC APP side. 

However, this doesn't seem to be consistant either.  A recent inbound call rang to the PC, but not the Laptop.  When I checked the Laptop, I found that the OBiAPP had crashed.  I've seen crashed of the OBiAPPs on both my PC and Laptop, during this whole set-up/test.

After Logging Off and back in On, things are all good for a while.  Again, it seems like a Port Issue.

What are your Port Settings on your APPs side?
Do your APP Port settings match your X_KeepAliveServerPort or X_UserAgentPort on either SP1 or SP2?
Does either the X_KeepAliveServerPort or X_UserAgentPort have anything to do with it?

Here is my settings:
(Both SP1 and SP2 are GV providers)

My X_KeepAliveServerPort and X_UserAgentPort:
SP1:5060
SP2:5061

My OPiAPPs & X-Lite are:
PC: 5064
Laptop: 5066

Is this my problem?

-G

jimates

I know nothing about changing the port settings. But I can give you my current Obi settings.

SP1
X_KeepAliveServerPort = 5060
X_UserAgentPort = 5060

SP2
X_KeepAliveServerPort = 5060
X_UserAgentPort = 5061

On my PC
SIP Domain
Sip port is 5060
RTP port 36000

Obitalk Local Address
Signaling port 10000
RTP Port 36100

GregoryZ

Interesting.  Thanks.

I'll try chaning my keepalives, so that both match and do some more testing.

I'm pretty sure I had changed them to thier current values, back when I was first working on all of this (Pre-Your Way)  :)

I am interested in the Sip Port, but would like to know what is in all fo the fields.

You're not having any issue like I am with your setup?

-G

GregoryZ

Are all 3 of the APPs/Softphones set up with those same Port Numbers?

jimates

that is from my pc. I checked the android apps on my tablet and on my phone, couldn't find any way to view the settings.

I haven't really put mine to any heavy testing.

GregoryZ

Quote from: jimates on July 06, 2012, 11:18:19 PM
that is from my pc. I checked the android apps on my tablet and on my phone, couldn't find any way to view the settings.

???  I thought you had this set-up on various PCs in your home, via X-Lite.  Perhaps that is why you're not having this issue.

I'll keep working on it.

Thanks again for your time.

-G

anythingindian

Would there be a problem to use this solution if I've already set it up in the final account.  I saw this thread after I've already done the initial installation and set it up to work properly in the main account.  I wanted to get the app to run on more machines.  Would I have to lose all of the settings that i've already done for it?  Since the current instructions would first have me install it now on my secondary  account and i would have to reset it and then install it on the final account.  Would I have to do this every time I would want to install the app on another machine?

jimates

If you want each endpoint to have the same default gateway, like mine, and have the same direct single stage calling ability, yes.

You only need to do the configuration at the end, not every time you add it to a account along the way.

Add to an Obitalk account, set the default gateway for the softphone, then delete the device and reset it. The default gateway setting stays with the softphone number.

shampoo, rinse, repeat.

If you think you will want to expand the number of endpoints in the future, just set up some extra Obitalk accounts now and use them in the stepping process along the way. Anytime in the future just sign in using the credentials of the Obitalk account and it will work.

It would be much better if Obihai would fix it where the configuration backup and restore would actually work in the "Expert Configuration".

Calling will pretty much work the same even if the endpoint does not have the Obi as it's default gateway. Without a default gateway you would have to direct the app to the Obi you wish you use, and that Obi would have to have the correct configuration to receive and direct the call from the endpoint.

RonR put together a single stage dialing configuration for this purpose. Read this post and follow the link at the end of it.
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3094.msg20656#msg20656

anythingindian

Thanks for the reply  to make sure I got your information correctly.

1.  I CAN Not backup my Obi settings so I can just reset it to add it to the other accounts, and then use the backup to restore it with the final account.

2.  My only other possibility would be use the link you sent and follow the instructions for COT.  I would lose some functionality though.

It would be nice if they would allow Obi Softphone numbers for an account perhaps with a limitation of 5 or based on the type of device you have.  Obi 100 2, Obi 110 3, or Obi 202 4. In this day there are multiple peripherals that everyone uses that are on at the same time whether it's  some sort of tablet, desktop, laptop, or phone.  It's unrealistic to only have one OBI softphone available with all of these modes of how people work.

jimates

If you manage your device directly the backup and restore works ok. But if you manage it from the portal using the Expert Configuration the restore doesn't work.

And if you manage it directly and then go back to the portal, whatever configuration that is in the portal will overwrite what you had on the device.

I actually only have 11 different places in the Obi to make changes once I set up the service provider on the dashboard. I can copy and paste them in fairly quick

Phone Port -> digit map
Phone Port -> outbound call route
Phone Port -> call return digit map
User defined digit maps (2)
Voice Service -> SP1 -> Inbound call route
Voice Service -> SP2 -> Inbound call route
Voice Service -> Obitalk Service -> Digit Map
Voice Service -> Obitalk Service -> Inbound call route
Voice Service -> Auto Attendant -> digit map
Voice Service -> Auto Attendant -> Outbound call route

QBZappy

Quote from: jimates on July 16, 2012, 06:40:49 AM
But if you manage it from the portal using the Expert Configuration the restore doesn't work.

It definitely won't work. The Backup and Restore options have been removed from the portal.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.