News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Nymgo on OBi100

Started by cyclops, June 29, 2012, 12:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyclops

Hello, my first post here. So far my experience with OBi has been really well and the setup process for Google Voice was a breeze.

But now I want to get a second provider (SP2) setup done my device. I am a noobie when it comes to VOiP.

I have an account with Nymgo and want to set it up in my OBi100 as a SP2 which would trigger only when I dial 011 (for international calls), all my other calls should be routed to SP1 (google voice). Is this kind of setup possible at all? I have got the following details from nymgo website, but I am still not able to set the account on my OBi.

Connect your SIP device
To connect your SIP device to Nymgo, please use the below configuration:

SIP Server Or SIP Proxy Server:   ata.nymgo.com
SIP User ID:   nymgo username
Authenticate ID:   nymgo username
SIP password:   nymgo password
SIP Port:   5060
Codec Used:   g729, g711
STUN Server:   stun.nymgo.com
STUN port:   80

Nymgo supports Codecs G729 and G711
You may test whether your SIP device is configured correctly, by dialing 111 (free testing number).
You may also check your balance by dialing 999 (free number), the balance will be given in US Dollars

I have entered the details in the SP2 section, but now what? How do I test if I can make calls from SP2? And once I am able to set it up successfully as SP2 and able to make calls, how do I configure so that the SP2 is used only when I dial 011?

QBZappy

Quote from: cyclops on June 29, 2012, 12:55:31 PM
I have an account with Nymgo and want to set it up in my OBi100 as a SP2 which would trigger only when I dial 011 (for international calls), all my other calls should be routed to SP1 (google voice). Is this kind of setup possible at all? I have got the following details from nymgo website, but I am still not able to set the account on my OBi.
cyclops,

Welcome.

Connect your SIP device
You may test whether your SIP device is configured correctly, by dialing 111 (free testing number).
You may also check your balance by dialing 999 (free number), the balance will be given in US Dollars

I have entered the details in the SP2 section, but now what? How do I test if I can make calls from SP2? And once I am able to set it up successfully as SP2 and able to make calls, how do I configure so that the SP2 is used only when I dial 011?

If you have entered the registration settings correctly you will see something like this by looking at the the OBi web page. (Dial ***1 to obtain ip address of your unit):

Status->System Status->SP2 Service Status->Status = Registered (server=111.222.333.444:5060; expire in 53s)

If it does show as "Registered" then you have succeed. What's left is to test it by dialing **2111 (echo test number) or **2999 (for balance amt)

If you want 011 to go automatically over SP2: eg <**2>[011]x.
(to be more efficient if you know the number of digits to dial in advance is always the same replace x. with xxxxxxxxx or whatever)

Without making any changes to the PHONE Port DigitMap or OutboundCallRoute the above mentioned setting
added to your PrimaryLine (SP2 / ITSP Profile B) DigitMap, will enable dialing 011 (without dialing **2) will be automatically redirected over the SP2 provider.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

cyclops

Quote from: QBZappy on June 29, 2012, 02:06:51 PM
Quote from: cyclops on June 29, 2012, 12:55:31 PM
cyclops,

Welcome.

Connect your SIP device

If you have entered the registration settings correctly you will see something like this by looking at the the OBi web page. (Dial ***1 to obtain ip address of your unit):

Status->System Status->SP2 Service Status->Status = Registered (server=111.222.333.444:5060; expire in 53s)

If it does show as "Registered" then you have succeed. What's left is to test it by dialing **2111 (echo test number) or **2999 (for balance amt)

If you want 011 to go automatically over SP2: eg <**2>[011]x.
(to be more efficient if you know the number of digits to dial in advance is always the same replace x. with xxxxxxxxx or whatever)

Without making any changes to the PHONE Port DigitMap or OutboundCallRoute the above mentioned setting
added to your PrimaryLine (SP2 / ITSP Profile B) DigitMap, will enable dialing 011 (without dialing **2) will be automatically redirected over the SP2 provider.

You are awesome! Thanks, the setup is successful.

BUT, I still did not get where exactly do I need to change the settings to enable using SP2 as default when I start dialing 011.

QBZappy

cyclops,

Service Providers->ITSP Profile B->General->DigitMap =

Default:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

Change to:
(<**2>[011]x.|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

cyclops

Many thanks for a quick revert..

But somehow I am not able to edit any of the values there. No matter what I type it does not gets printed there, even the copy paste is not working.

P.S. Is there a rep system on this board?

EDIT: Got it, we need to uncheck the 2 checkboxes to enable editing. What a weird step.

QBZappy

Are you using the OBi portal or the web unit to configure?

cyclops

I am logged on to http://www.obitalk.com and making the changes. Is there some other way to do it as well? Does it matters?

cyclops

Quote from: QBZappy on June 29, 2012, 04:32:56 PM
cyclops,

Service Providers->ITSP Profile B->General->DigitMap =

Default:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

Change to:

Its not working :( probabaly I am doing something wrong.

I have edited the field and it has the following value now, but still when I dial 011 and the international number, it is connecting the call through Google Voice and not Nymgo.

What can be wrong?

QBZappy

cyclops,

(This should be put on a label and attached to the OBi)

There are pros and cons of using the portal or the unit interface. I'll let you read up on it.   
Managing Your OBi Device Configuration: OBiTALK or OBi Web Page but NOT Both
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=61.msg109#msg109

If you use the portal try looking in the "OBi Expert Configuration Menu". These settings are also located there. After making the changes there it sends it to the unit (if you have left things as default). The unit should reboot after you "Submit" any change on the portal.

After making changes via the portal, always check the unit itself and confirm that the changes which you made are reflected on the unit after the reboot. The unit settings are the only settings that matter.

QBZappy

cyclops,

Make sure you use Profile A for GV and Profile B for the sip acct.

cyclops

I cant thank you enough for your helpful replies.

I did log in through the OBi device and checked the changes there, they are appearing. I also tried a few more combination's as follows:

(<**2>[011]xxxxxxxxxxxx.|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)
(<**2>[00]xxxxxxxxxxxx.|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)
(<**2>[011]xx.|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

But in all cases, the call is not getting through Nymgo :( , its using Google Voice by default. And yes, I am doing these changes in Service Providers>>>ITSP Profile B. Profile A is setup as google voice.

cyclops

Got it!

The changes have to be done in Service Providers>>>ITSP Profile A>>>General instead of ITSP Profile B.

I amended the entry as follows:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<**2>011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

So far it looks to be working fine. If I come across any issues, will update.

Thanks for your help!

cyclops

Okay, so this setup is working pretty great. There was some issue setting up the caller ID on nymgo, but their support sorted it out.

Now I have one more query - Can I call my google voice number (SP1) from from a external number and then somehow establish a bridge between SP1 and SP2 to make an international call through the Nymgo (SP2) account?

If this is done, all my current needs would be taken care of.

Thanks!

QBZappy

cyclops,

Quote from: cyclops on June 30, 2012, 12:12:06 PM
Now I have one more query - Can I call my google voice number (SP1) from from a external number and then somehow establish a bridge between SP1 and SP2 to make an international call through the Nymgo (SP2) account?

Yes. However depending from where you intend to call the config will be different.
Is the external number going to be a known (perhaps your cell) or a random telephone number (any phone)? These examples assume CID is known in advance. More secure this way. The AA can also have a PIN. Frequent calls using the AA should be set up via a speed dial with number setup in this format to force it going over the SP2 trunk **25145551111, or you can setup the unit to always use SP2 as the default outgoing trunk for the AA. Have a look in the AA settings. (Voice Services->Auto Attendant->PrimaryLine = Whatever)

Substitute the numbers with the appropriate numbers that apply to your case.

With a Call Back to the last CID received
ITSP InboundCallRoute-> {(x.5145551111|x.5145552222):aa($1)}

With a Call Back to a static CID
ITSP InboundCallRoute-> {(x.5145551111|x.5145552222):aa(5145558888)}

Without a Call Back directly to the AA
ITSP InboundCallRoute-> {(x.5145551111|x.5145552222):aa)}

In all the above cases you will eventually be directed to the AA. After hitting the AA you need to press 2, to make a new call or dial "speed dial number" + "#" if set up as a speed dial.

Just wondering. Isn't a call to your GV number long distance for you? What country are going to call from?

cyclops

Thanks again for your detailed response. I appreciate.

However I have found a really simple way to do it - which serves my purpose well.

1. I added my cell number (this is not a forwarding phone defined in GV) in the trusted callers
2. When I call my GV number (a local call - its at home) from my cell, I get connected to the Auto Attendant
3. If I want to call my home number (GV) I will select 1 and I can talk at home
4. If I want to make a long distance call using my SP2 (nymgo) I will just select 2 and dial the international number starting with 011
5. Since I have already setup the digitmap to divert all 011 calls to SP2, my call would be placed through SP2

This is working out pretty good for me - so far I am loving it.  ;D

QBZappy

cyclops,

Yeah, that's what I said.  :D

Glad it worked out for you. FYI if you look in your OBi settings you will see that what you did affected the inboundcallroute to show something like: {your cell number:aa}

That's the only way you can be sent to the AA.

cyclops

cyclops

So now that GV is officially gone, I did the following setup which works for me so far. Just putting it here for my future reference and everyone's benefit. Special thanks to giqcass and sdb- for the tips

1. Created a LocalPhone account
2. Got an IPKall number
3. Setup SIP URI on IpKall as LocalPhoneSipID @ localphone.com
4. Setup the LocalPhone account as SP1 on Obi
5. Added the IPKall number to Google Voice for call forwarding
6. Added the IPKall number to LocalPhone account for spoofing
7. Cheers!

If you are facing DTMF issue (keypress not detected) while verifying your IPKall number with Google Voice, do the following steps (courtesy Thro@SlickDeals) -

1. Log into http://www.obitalk.com/obinet/login/
2. Cick "Home" (above SP1) -> Obi Expert Configuration -> Enter Obi Expert
3. On the left side click "Service Providers" then choose "ITSP Profile A General" (for SP1) or "ITSP Profile B 4. General" (for SP2) depending where you setup vestalink.
5. "DTMFMethod" uncheck "OBITALK settings" then choose "InBand" from the dropdown menu below "Value"
6. Click "Submit"

cyclops

Update: IPKall was giving troubles with the caller id, so now I'm using Callcentric instead of IPKall. All other steps remain the same.. So far so good..

Steps -
Callcentric>>My Account>>DID Forwarding>>Select phone and hit Edit>>Select This Number Radio Button and enter localphoneSIPid@localphone.com

cyclops

Update: Since Localphone requires 00 instead of 011 for international calls, I had to change the digimap in Service Providers>>>ITSP Profile A>>>General.

From - (1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<**2>011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

To - (1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<011:**200>xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

Many thanks to azrobert who resolved this on the other thread I posted. Updating here for future reference.