News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Swedish caller ID

Started by Kacper, July 05, 2012, 08:50:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kacper

Hello,

I've been trying to get caller id to work. I get the caller id from the pstn but it's never forwarded to the telephone. Also when setting "CallerIDTrigger" to anything other than "After first ring" the telephone never rings.

QBZappy

Kacper,

Welcome.

Does the CID make it to the OBi history?

Look here in your OBi unit web page and post what the unit displays if anything.
Status->Call History
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Kacper

Strange, the number isn't under Call History. However I can see the number in syslog and under the PHONE & LINE Status.

QBZappy

If you can see it in the syslog. Can you show us how the number is formatted. There have been issues with formatting in the past. Obfuscate the number.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Kacper

As per the syslog.

Caller ID (DTMF):
number: xxxxxxxxxx

(10-digits no dash or plus)

Stewart

Try changing Line Port -> RingDelay from 4000 to 6000.

Kacper

Quote from: Stewart on July 05, 2012, 09:15:23 AM
Try changing Line Port -> RingDelay from 4000 to 6000.

That didn't help. Thanks though. I think there is something wrong with the CallerIDTrigger function, because the phone only rings when "After first signal" is selected. It shouldn't be like that, should it?

QBZappy

What is your setting here:

Physical Interfaces->PHONE Port->Port Settings->CallerIDDetectMethod

Kacper

Quote from: QBZappy on July 05, 2012, 09:32:16 AM

What is your setting here:

Physical Interfaces->PHONE Port->Port Settings->CallerIDDetectMethod

CallerIDMethod: DTMF (Finland, Sweden)
CallerIDTrigger: (My guess is "Before first ring" but then the phone doesn't ring)

QBZappy

Kacper,

I know there have been successful OBi implementations in Sweden. You may spend some moments searching the forum for others who have set it up in that environment.

By the way you have not mentioned the OBi model you are trying to set up.

PS
Just for fun, try different combinations of CallerIDMethod & CallerIDTrigger types. Otherwise I suggest you send Obihai support a quick email. I'm sure they must be taking note of configurations in different countries.

Kacper

Quote from: QBZappy on July 05, 2012, 09:46:45 AM
Kacper,

I know there have been successful OBi implementations in Sweden. You may spend some moments searching the forum for others who have set it up in that environment.

By the way you have not mentioned the OBi model you are trying to set up.

PS
Just for fun, try different combinations of CallerIDMethod & CallerIDTrigger types. Otherwise I suggest you send Obihai support a quick email. I'm sure they must be taking note of configurations in different countries.

It's the Obi110. CallerIDTrigger is a strange function since setting it to anything else besides the default settings  makes the phone connected to the OBI never ring.

Stewart

Try setting CallerIDTrigger to After Polarity Reversal but also set IdlePolarity to Reverse.

If the phone still won't ring, report whether you get connected, if you answer when it should be ringing.

Also, what does Phone and Line Status show when the phone should be ringing?

QBZappy

Kacper,

Note there are two CallerIDDetectMethod settings
Physical Interfaces
PHONE Port
LINE Port

Kacper

I think it's some kind of bug. Most Swedish phones also support caller id via bell 202, so I tried it and boy did it work. Perhaps a bug in the firmware is rendering the OBI110 incapable of generating the correct DTMF tones.

QBZappy

Kacper,

Yahoo its working.  :D

A couple of OBi users located in Brazil mentioned on this forum that they had to select CallerIDMethod: DTMF (Finland, Sweden) for it to work there. Who knows. Now go out and enjoy a Carlsberg.

Kacper

Quote from: QBZappy on July 05, 2012, 11:31:42 AM
Kacper,

Yahoo its working.  :D

A couple of OBi users located in Brazil mentioned on this forum that they had to select CallerIDMethod: DTMF (Finland, Sweden) for it to work there. Who knows. Now go out and enjoy a Carlsberg.

Sorry, still no joy  :( It turns out that the phone in the office doesn't support anything else then DTMF. It worked with the phone a home though when using bell 202. I'm going to contact Obihai and see what they have to say about it.

Huib

Hi Kacper,

Please let us know what you find out. I'm having the exact same issue in the Netherlands. I had to set the CallerIDDetectMethod to DTMF(Finland,Sweden) for the OBi to recognize the caller ID but no matter what combo I tried my phone does not show the CallerID.

Thanks,
Huib

Kacper

I'm still wating on a replay from Obihai. Let just hope they will take this issue seriously since apparently I'm not the only one having this issue.