News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Ecocaller SIP

Started by jerome, July 05, 2012, 11:10:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerome

Hello, I just signup for Ecocaller www.ecocaller.com they actually give you $1 to try, I can make it work with xlite, but not with my obitalk obi110,  any help is appreciate.

Thank you.

Jerome

Stewart

How can you expect any help, when you don't say what's wrong?

Does the OBi register to Ecocaller?  If not, what does System Status show for the SPx in question?

If yes, what do you hear when you try to call?  What does the history show?  Does the called phone ring?  If so, is there audio in either direction?

jerome

Right ....here it is:

my configuration:
SP1  Google Voiceâ„¢ Connected
SP2 (Optional) Generic Service Provider Registered

SP2:

Configuration Name : Generic Service Ecocaller
Make This the Primary Line to Call Out from: yes
Voicemail Notification(Optional): yes
7-Digit Dialing for USA & CAN (Optional)
   Enter Area Code e.g. "212"
Use This Service for Emergency 911 Calls
When 911 is called via the OBi this service will be used.
Check only if you are sure this service is capable of placing and receiving emergency service calls.
Service Provider Proxy Server: sip.ecocaller.com
Service Provider Proxy Server Port: 5060
Outbound Proxy Server: sip.ecocaller.com
Outbound Proxy Server Port: 5060
User Name: xxxxxx
Password : xxxxx
URI : no

when call Obi says: the number xxxxx dial is not recognise by the service provider reason 400

Thank you

Stewart

A 400 means "bad request", which usually indicates a problem with the format of the SIP request.  Check the Call History to confirm that the OBi is sending 00 + country code + number.  If so, my guess is that the server is incompatible with something the OBi is sending.  SIP Debug may show (in the 400 response) a clue as to what is wrong.

Otherwise, you might try "laundering" the connection through a free PBXes or Sonetel accounts, which would "shield" the Ecocaller server from the details of the OBi's protocol.

QBZappy

jerome,

Please show an example of the number you are dialing when you get the error 400.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

jerome

dialing a number as 0015141234567 as per ecocaller documentation (not the+):

Once your ecocaller phone is set up, you will be able to make calls by using the contact list or dialpad on your phone. Dial "00" or "+" then the country code followed by the number (eg. 00 44 77 35xxxxxxx or + 1 77 35xxxxxxx).

jerome

@Stewart

how do you get the log?

QBZappy

Quote from: jerome on July 05, 2012, 02:48:56 PM
dialing a number as 0015141234567 as per ecocaller documentation (not the+):

Once your ecocaller phone is set up, you will be able to make calls by using the contact list or dialpad on your phone. Dial "00" or "+" then the country code followed by the number (eg. 00 44 77 35xxxxxxx or + 1 77 35xxxxxxx).

Can you break the 0015141234567 down into the different parts (eg 00+country code+number). What country are you testing with? If I didn't know any better it looks like a number calling Montreal, Canada. If you like try calling a real number. Try 5148734692 (Montreal, Canada). This is a Government number. It always answers with a recording.

The SP must have an echo test number to test call.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

jerome

the documentation says 00 + country code + area code + number

I try with my own us phone number, ecocaller is probably from uk which does explain 00.

I did try the number that you provided.

QBZappy

I should have given you the complete number to test:
00+1+514+8734692
(00+Country code Canada+area code Montreal+number)

If you hang up before it picks up, I think there is no charge for the call. Did it ring/work?

jerome

no ring OBI says:when call Obi says: the number dial xxxxx was rejected by the service provider reason 400,

from Stewart, the protocol sip sent from obi could be different than ecocaller, however same configuration work with xlite on a PC.

jerome

I read that disabling SIP ALG will do the trick, but it didn't. anyone?

QBZappy

jerome,

Show us your:
ITSP A/B DigitMap = ?
Phone DigitMap =?

jerome

SP1 = GV
SP2 = Ecocaller

ITSP A DigitMap =(*xx|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1212>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)
ITSP B DigitMap =(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)
Phone DigiMap=([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

QBZappy

Quote from: jerome on July 05, 2012, 03:56:17 PM
however same configuration work with xlite on a PC.

I was reading up on sip error 400. One of the causes and solutions I found is to make sure only one client is registered. Do not have both xlite and OBi registered at the same time.

Another solution I found was to use ip numbers instead of sip.ecocaller.com

Other than that, I think you need to do a syslog. You may need the OBi people to verify the log to determine what gives between the OBi and the SP. There have been at least two maybe three SProviders that I can remember that they had to make firmware modifications to accommodate the server. I'm certain about Freephoneline because it was me who had brought it up, one in Hong Kong, and I'm not sure about the third one.

I think it is syslog time (or look for another provider).

By the way when I ping "sip.ecocaller.com" it times out. I can not reach the server at that ip address. Can you?

jerome

I have try everything, I don't know to do a syslog, also for some reason the error code is not 400 but 406 now.

Thank you

QBZappy

Just a hunch

One sip error 406 solution involved setting up a Stun server. On your Obi try setting this here.
ITSP Profile A/B->STUNEnable (put Ck mark)
STUNServer stun.sipgate.net

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/STU4N