News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Speed dial needs a description for the number

Started by QBZappy, January 22, 2011, 11:05:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QBZappy

It is confusing to remember what number goes where. Needs ability to enter a description next to the speed dial number.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

OBi-Guru

If you are referring to the device webpage, yes, there is no description next to the actual speed-dial entry.

However, if you are using the OBiTALK portal, you can have any names and see which gets to which speed-dial #.
Are you referring to the OBiTALK?

QBZappy

Yes, I was referring to Obi unit web page. Looks to me you need to make this a sticky. Conclusion for users is that configuration via web portal or Obi unit can result in conflicting or seemingly confusing configs. Good to know this. Still would like field description on the unit. Tks.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

OBi-Guru

Good point, we have now made a sticky topic - once the device is managed by OBiTALK portal, better NOT to modify the parameters directly on the device webpage.    OBiTALK portal may overwrite those parameters on its regular resync interval.

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=61.msg109#msg109