News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Setting up GV & Callcentric for 911 and CNAM -- WITH GV callforwarding

Started by Fasttimes, July 07, 2012, 04:25:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fasttimes

I have Obi and GV working now and have signed up and received a free DID from CC (well, $1.50 a month for 911).

What do I need to do to get 911 configured and CNAM working? 

pc44

Fasttimes,

If you look/search, you should be able to find a callcentric guide for setting up an OBI.

Also, this post should answer your question:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3024.msg22416#msg22416

Here is a post by jimates in response to your other post, asking the same questions:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3512.msg24060#msg24060

pc44

pc44

Here is jimates's guide on 911 setup for the OBI100 and OBI110.  It includes brief explanations along with each step.  These explanations and instructions should allow you to setup 911 with any OBI device by modifying it for your particular setup and by adding the necessary 911 strings to your existing default or customized dial plans.
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=339.0

Also, I located the Callcentric Guide for OBI100 Setup.  The instructions should be very similar for the OBI110 or OBI202.  Some minor adjustments may be necessary, but I think it is a good place to begin.
http://www.callcentric.com/support/device/obihai/obi100#configure_obi100

Hope it helps,
pc44

dom1

Hello All

I read the attachments/links on this thread and I guess I'm not getting it.
Is it possible to have a Google Voice # forwarded to a Callcentric number and then forwarded to the Obi 110to get CNAM, and simultaneously using Callcentric account for outgoing 911 calls?
If it is could you spell it out for me I'm a little daft? My head is spinning trying to make heads or tails of this?

Thanks for any insight you can offer.
;D

jimates

Quote from: dom1 on August 03, 2012, 10:58:34 AM
Hello All

I read the attachments/links on this thread and I guess I'm not getting it.
Is it possible to have a Google Voice # forwarded to a Callcentric number and then forwarded to the Obi 110to get CNAM, and simultaneously using Callcentric account for outgoing 911 calls?
If it is could you spell it out for me I'm a little daft? My head is spinning trying to make heads or tails of this?

Thanks for any insight you can offer.
;D
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3640.0

dom1

Okay I followed the directions..I think..I still don't get Caller ID with the name information. After further review of forum posts I think maybe my Digit Map is wrong. This is what I have under ITSP Profile B General digit map...(*xx|*123|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1914>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.) My call centric number has a 914 area code. Is this correct? Another question do you need to disable auto Provisioning if you are using the OBi expert configuration? ???

pc44

Hi dom1,

Could you please confirm that your inbound calls are coming through CC and not directly from GV?  This can be done by going to Status -> Call Status during the incoming test call.  This page should tell you which service provider is receiving the call.  I'm not sure if you have GV on SP1 and CC on SP2 or vice versa, but do let us know.

Digit maps are usually for the handling/routing of -outbound- calls, and inbound call routes are usually for the handling/routing of -inbound- calls.  So... I think the digit map you provided should not adversely affect the inbound Caller ID functionality that we are pursuing here.

Regarding the disabling of Auto Provisioning, please see this sticky post: OBiTALK or OBi Web Page but NOT Both

Hope you're making progress, :)
pc44

dom1

My test call appears under the Terminal 1 column with a Terminal ID of GooogleVoice1. My CC is set up on SP2. That's not good is it?

pc44

Hi dom1,

You are correct: That's not good. :)

But not to worry... you are on the path to figuring this one out.  If your inbound test call is ringing on your GV (SP1) line, then we just need to change the path.  Can you log into your GV account and go to settings?  Under there, you should be able to un-check/disable Google Chat as your forwarding phone and check/enable your Callcentric number as your forwarding phone.

After that, place another inbound test call, and watch the Status -> Call Status again to see if there is any improvement in the situation.

pc44

dom1

Forwards to Google Chat was already disabled and CallCentric was enabled .
The Plot thickens...Initially I had Gvoice set up to ring my home phone only if the caller was a contact  in my gvoice contact list, unknown would go to gvoice voicemail after 6 rings.
Yesterday for whatever reason an unknown caller rang on the home phone (Obi SP1) and the CNAM info was there name and all!
If I call from a cell number that is in my contact list the home phone rings but there is no name info with the caller ID. 
I am wayyyy confused at this point.
Why would 1 unknown caller show up with complete CNAM and not others? And why would known contacts ring the home phone without the name?
My current Gvoice settings are FORWARDS CALLS TO-> CallCentric 914 area code number. I also have my cell set up to "Receive Text Messages on this Phone", and "Notify Me of New Voicemails via Text" enabled, although the Forward Calls To box is not selected for the cell. 
???

pc44

Quote from: dom1 on August 15, 2012, 08:18:07 AM... unknown caller rang on the home phone (Obi SP1) and the CNAM info was there name and all!

This is confusing. I thought GV was on SP1. If you received a call with CNAM, I would have expected it to come in on your Obi's SP2 (CC).

But more importantly, double-check that you have CNAM enabled inside your CallCentric account settings.  Then, test some more inbound calls from non-cell numbers.  Since many cell phones do not have CNAM entries attached in the LiDB, many times they will display only the CID number.  Can you try several test calls from some landlines to your Obi?

Please keep me posted! :)
pc44

dom1

The problem was with my Google Voice Contact grouping. Although I always had forwards to google chat unchecked  and forwards to CC checked the Contact Group settings in google voice were not set up to forward to CC.
I changed all my groups to forward to CC and now I get the CNAM info!
Man-o-man I'm sorry if this was a waste of your time, I see from your posts that us newbies keep you busy.
Thanks for taking the time to help this clueless soul.

pc44

Hey dom1,

Great to hear you have found success!!! :)  Glad you were able to figure this one out.  I did not even think of checking the Group settings in GV.  Thanks for updating us on your status.  It's good to hear.

One clueless soul helping another, :D
pc44

knave

Quote from: pc44 on July 08, 2012, 03:08:08 PM
Here is jimates's guide on 911 setup for the OBI100 and OBI110.  It includes brief explanations along with each step.  These explanations and instructions should allow you to setup 911 with any OBI device by modifying it for your particular setup and by adding the necessary 911 strings to your existing default or customized dial plans.
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=339.0

Hi pc44 I've seen your name on many helpful posts since joining the OBi forum.

Do you know of a current thread that describes precisely how to set up CC 911 only, with GV already configured as the primary provider? In other words, I want all outgoing calls to go through GV except for 911, which will go through CC.

I have GV configured and working on my OBi100 SP1, and a CC free NY number with 911 paid. I have not attempted any CC configuration on the OBi yet. I have read through the following threads with no luck finding my desired scenario described in enough detail to actually attempt GV + CC 911 configuration:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3609.0 : (this thread) Encouraging title, but we never hear back from Fasttimes on what worked. And the instructions/tips seem to focus on CNAM rather than 911
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3512.msg24060#msg24060 : Again, no indication whether this is full or 911-only setup for CC
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=339.20 : Dangerously outdated; I am loathe to try anything in there
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3640.0 : Only passing references to having 911 "setup correctly"

In addition, the callcentric.com-provided OBi setup instructions do not cover such a scenario, instead seem to simply describe how to set up the OBi 100 with CC as the primary provider. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

knave

OK I figured it out. The OBi100 already has an option "Use This Service for Emergency 911 Calls" when you use the OBiTALK web interface to configure SPs. The instruction I was missing was to go ahead and set up SP2 with CC, but make sure:

"Use This Service for Emergency 911 Calls" is checked
"Make This the Primary Line to Call Out from" is unchecked

Then I guess the OBi knows to send 911 call to SP2 (CC) instead of GV (SP1, Primary). Also, I didn't do the detailed configuration of CC (SP2) as described http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3640.0 since the OBi100 already had default settings for CC. All I did was click "callcentric" in the OBiTALK list of providers when setting up SP2, enter my 1777 number and password, and make sure the checkboxes above were correct.

Now in business. Thanks to this forum. Hope this helps somebody, and maybe I would suggest editing that very outdated 911 thread to warn newbies upfront.

pc44

Quote from: knave on August 17, 2012, 11:09:03 AMIn other words, I want all outgoing calls to go through GV except for 911, which will go through CC.

Hi knave,

With Google Voice as your primary provider and CC as your secondary provider, this should be fairly-easily accomplished.  In essence, we want to route all calls through SP1 (GV) and only 911 calls through SP2 (CC).  This means, we simply must play with the outbound call handling in order to route 911 to SP2.

The digit map and/or outbound call route, by default, is slightly different, depending on whether you have the OBi100, OBi110, OBi202, etc.  In jimates's 911 guide, you will see him describing and providing setups for several of the OBi models.

Here are two methods for setting up 911 routing to SP2 on your OBi100:

1.  In the OBiTalk Portal, there is an option to "Use This Service for Emergency 911 Calls" (see this thread).  This is the *easiest* way to route 911 calls to a specific provider, like CC.  With all 911 setups, it is recommended that you always test out the service to ensure that the 911 call will actually go through.  Of course, you will want to obtain permission from your 911 dispatch center prior to "testing" their service.

2.  On your OBi100, update Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute as follows:
from this
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}
to this
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<911>):sp2},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

EDIT: I see you are already up and running; so I'll stop here.  Perhaps this will help someone else down the road.

pc44