News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

conference bridge Conflicts

Started by tseward, July 09, 2012, 07:11:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tseward

Can someone help me understand why a service like free conference call does not work with obi, or google voice?  Is there some type of block that occurs from these services or is it OBI and GV who block using these tools? 

Does anyone have a good work around or solution for conferencing with Obi?

Stewart

"Free" conferencing services get their income from termination charges paid by the originating carrier.  Some choose rural locations with the highest charges, e.g. in Iowa, to maximize revenue.  When the cost to connect is too high, budget carriers such as GV and magicJack simply block the calls.

If you are the host or can influence the host on his/her choice of service, select one that permits direct connection by VoIP and/or Skype.  freeconferencecallhd.com, another brand of Free Conferencing Corporation, is a possible choice.  I've used them a little and was quite satisfied.

If you have no control over the access number, please post it here.  (If you want to keep the number private, look it up at http://www.alcazarnetworks.com/data_services_lnp_lrn.php, check the Extended box and report what company is shown as the carrier, city and state.)  If possible, I'll try to suggest a carrier who will connect at reasonable cost.

QBZappy

tseward,

From OBi user guide: Not as many bells and whiltles as that service.

Three Way Conference Calling with Local Mixing

The OBi PHONE port supports 3-way Calling when the second call is an outbound call.

On the first Hook Flash during an active call the OBi can make a second outbound call.

One the second hook flash, the first call and the second outbound call are place in a conference.

To remove the second conferenced party, invoke a third Hook Flash.

When the OBi goes On Hook during a 3-way Call, this will become a transfer when 2nd (outbound) call is ringing or connected.  If the 2nd (outbound) call does not succeed, e.g. no answer or busy, then the OBi PHONE port can go to On Hook state and will ring as the holding call is still on the line, or simply hook flash to resume the first call.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.