January 16, 2019, 02:59:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Add Google Voice account to second Obihai 202  (Read 18 times)
joevarNJ

« on: Today at 02:25:21 pm »

I have my Google Voice number added to a Obihai 202 and all works great.

I have a second Obihai 202 and I want to have the same Google Voice number ring there and I also want to be able to make calls from it.

On the phones screen in my google voice account, I do not have any reference to Google Chat.

Instead I see:
OBiTALK Device - XXXXXXXXXX
sip:BIHDQOCEGAYU4QK2LFCUMS27GIJBIMJXGE2DKMRXGY2DSMRVGA4TAOxxxxxxx===@obihai.sip.google.com
Where Capital X is the number of my obihai device and lower x replaces characters in the string that is the sip address.

I was able to add the Google Voice account to the second Obihai and the setup screen shows that it is connected.  I have dial tone but I can't make or receive calls.

I think that there should be a new phone displayed in Google Voice phones for the second Obihai, but there is not.

Any idea what's wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help.
SteveInWA
Hero Member & Beta Tester

« Reply #1 on: Today at 02:36:38 pm »

You are reading very ancient instructions.  Google Chat is no longer used.  It's dead.

You can setup the same Google account on multiple OBiTALK devices, by following the regular procedure on the device.  Do NOT mess with settings on the Google Voice account, in particular, do not touch the SIP settings.

Simply use the OBiTALK web portal.  Click on the SP1 -- SP4 slot you want to use and follow the instructions.

--Steve

Google Voice Forum Product Expert

https://support.google.com/voice/community
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: