News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi1062 Bluetooth Cell / Headset Not Working

Started by da3rd, April 27, 2020, 01:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

da3rd

I bought 2 Obi1062 phones and have had the following problem with both. My cell phone and bluetooth headset pair to the Obi1062 as you would expect. But when calls are received or made NO audio is transmitted or received on the bluetooth device. Whether that's my cell phone being answered by the Obi1062 or if it's my Jabra Elite 65t being used as a headset on the Obi1062, answer and end calls works normal, but no audio is transmitted or received.

I'm returning one of these phones while I take the time to see if I can find a solution here for the other phone. If not, the Obi1062 is being returned as well.

I like the system and would prefer to continue with it. Please advise.

Sienar

I'm having the same issue after update my 1062 to the 5.1.11 4983EX firmware. No bluetooth audio connected in cell phone mode or in headset mode. Really regretting updating the firmware...

da3rd

drgeoff

Quote from: da3rd on April 29, 2020, 09:26:32 AM
Can we revert the firmware?
Looks like you have not bothered to read the other thread.

Ted1062

Tried updating with this older firmware and it did not work!  BEWARE!!

drgeoff

Quote from: Ted1062 on May 09, 2020, 01:30:59 PM
Tried updating with this older firmware and it did not work!  BEWARE!!
Beware what?

That you could not get the older firmware into your OBphone?

That the older firmware did not fix your problem?

Ted1062

It took the older firmware, I rebooted, checked to make sure that it indeed was the older version, paired iphone to it, still no sound... was sitting here reading the phone rebooted on its own and re-installed the newest firmware version!

SteveInWA

Quote from: da3rd on April 27, 2020, 01:26:17 PM
I bought 2 Obi1062 phones and have had the following problem with both. My cell phone and bluetooth headset pair to the Obi1062 as you would expect. But when calls are received or made NO audio is transmitted or received on the bluetooth device. Whether that's my cell phone being answered by the Obi1062 or if it's my Jabra Elite 65t being used as a headset on the Obi1062, answer and end calls works normal, but no audio is transmitted or received.

I'm returning one of these phones while I take the time to see if I can find a solution here for the other phone. If not, the Obi1062 is being returned as well.

I like the system and would prefer to continue with it. Please advise.

In general, Bluetooth used with multiple devices is a big fat mess.  In some cases, if you've paired the device to, for example, your car, and then to your OBi device, the headset may be trying to send audio to the car.  This happens to me frequently, causing no audio.

If you just bought the phone, and you can't figure it out, then you can open a support ticket with Poly.