News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Callcentric and Google Voice Setup Guide (with CNAM)

Started by pc44, July 11, 2012, 11:10:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollcage

Quote from: Taoman on April 01, 2019, 01:35:25 PM
Go to the link listed below. Scroll down to "Incoming calls."

Under My devices, disable the slider next to your OBi device

https://voice.google.com/u/0/settings

Dude, you're my hero.  This solved my issue with my new OBi 200 setup.

kelemvor

Howdy,

This thread is 20+ pages long and was started in 2012.  Without me having to read the whole thing, can anyone let me know if the steps up in the OP still work and if they are compatible with an Obi200?  I just want to see names when people call me instead of just numbers.

Also, is there any way to do the same thing with Anveo?  That's who I currently have for my E911 with my Obi but I could change it to CallCentric if I need to in order to get this to work.

Thanks for any info.

SteveInWA

Yeah, don't read 20 pages.  Much has changed in the many years since that first post was written.  I'll work on a new write-up.  Meanwhile, at a high level, you need an inbound Callcentric phone number (DID) on their "Dollar unlimited" plan, and you need outbound calling with E911 on their "North America Basic" plan.

kelemvor

Nice.  I just checked my Anveo E911 subscription and it expires in a week.  Perfect timing.

kelemvor

OK, I got this working and now have one question.

If I call my GV # from my cell phone, my handset says "Wireless Caller" instead of my name.  But if I don't answer, I get the notice in Gmail that says "I missed a call from" and it does have my name.

Is there any way I can program in specific names to go with specific people somewhere if it's a cell phone and caller ID doesn't work for them or a setting I can change to make that work?

Thanks,

SteveInWA

This discussion is now obsolete.  See this link for new instructions, updated May 2020:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=17024.0