News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Callcentric and Google Voice Setup Guide (with CNAM)

Started by pc44, July 11, 2012, 11:10:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark55

Ok, thanks, but how does one start a new thread on here?

Mark55

Quote from: Mark55 on March 01, 2013, 12:24:50 PM
All I'm trying to do is this:

When someone calls my GV number, the callers name and number will show up on the phone thats plugged into the Obi100. I've followed the step by step instructions do this, given on page 1 of this forum. Doesnt work, either. The CNAM shows up on the Callcentric dashboard as an incoming call, yet the phone plugged into the Obi does not even ring. And yes, GV is set to forward to the Callcentric number, and not Google chat, as described in the instructions. Its getting pretty frustrating. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Rick

Quote from: Mark55 on March 01, 2013, 02:40:46 PM
Ok, thanks, but how does one start a new thread on here?

Go the the board in the forum you want to post in, and top right you'll see NEW TOPIC.   ;)

User2020

Thanks for this excellent tutorial.  I got everything working great with my GV and Callcentric combo.  Now I just have to hope that my landline->T-mobile->GV port goes smoothly.  :)

heny

First thanks OP for the great information!

I am just trying to setup my obi/gv/callcentric for the callerid. Based on my understanding, this is only for incoming calls, for outgoing calls, callcentric require a paid plan. we still want to use gv  for outgoing calls since it is free for US/CAN. so what is the whole setup?

1)setup gv to forward to CC
2)setup sp1 with gv and set it as primary line.
3)setup sp2 with CC

is this right? when some one call my gv, will the call arrive at sp1 or sp2?
for 911 call, since sp1 is primary so I need to route 911 call to sp2 in order to use CC?

sorry for newbie question, thank you!

CoalMinerRetired

>  this is only for incoming calls, for outgoing calls, callcentric require a paid plan....
You do not want to use CC for outgoing. Use GV for all outgoing, it's free, that's the point.

> is this right? when some one call my gv, will the call arrive at sp1 or sp2?
For incoming SP2 will ring and SP1 will not ring (they both point to and ring the same phone), because you did this from the first post in this thread:

• Un-check Google Chat as a forwarding phone
  • Check your Callcentric number as a forwarding phone

> for 911 call, since sp1 is primary so I need to route 911 call to sp2 in order to use CC for 911?
Yes, the ObiTalk setup wizards do this for you in the 911 setup fields. Or you can do it manually yourself.  The "free" CC number (free + $1.50 per month government fee) only allows outgoing calls to: 911, 933 (tests 911), and other CC 1777xxxyyyy numbers.

heny

Quote from: CoalMinerRetired on June 26, 2013, 04:22:31 AM
>  this is only for incoming calls, for outgoing calls, callcentric require a paid plan....
You do not want to use CC for outgoing. Use GV for all outgoing, it's free, that's the point.

> is this right? when some one call my gv, will the call arrive at sp1 or sp2?
For incoming SP2 will ring and SP1 will not ring (they both point to and ring the same phone), because you did this from the first post in this thread:

• Un-check Google Chat as a forwarding phone
  • Check your Callcentric number as a forwarding phone

> for 911 call, since sp1 is primary so I need to route 911 call to sp2 in order to use CC for 911?
Yes, the ObiTalk setup wizards do this for you in the 911 setup fields. Or you can do it manually yourself.  The "free" CC number (free + $1.50 per month government fee) only allows outgoing calls to: 911, 933 (tests 911), and other CC 1777xxxyyyy numbers.

Followed the guide to set it up, looks working fine.

Had two incoming calls now, for the CNAM, it only show "city of XXX", "cell phone, IL" etc, is this normal?

For 911, I dial 933 but from call history, still using gv on SP1 instead of SP2. I already checked the checkbox to "Use This Service for Emergency 911 Calls". Is there anything else need to modify?

Thanks

CoalMinerRetired

> for the CNAM, it only show "city of XXX", "cell phone, IL" etc, is this normal?
Yes, the calls in all likelihood are from cell phones, which do not always have the CNAM field populated.  Any outgoing calls from your number will probably appear like this also.  FYI, you can override the CNAM entries in the CC Dashboard under Phone Book.

> For 911, I dial 933 but from call history, still using gv on SP1 instead of SP2.
Two things to check/verify:

- From the ObiTalk DashBoard > Device Configuration > Phone Port Configuration Summary, confirm "Emergency Service Call Routes to:" SPx for both Phone 1 and Phone 2

- In Expert Mode Configuration, confirm: Physical Interfaces > Phone 1  (or Phone x) > PHONE Port >  OutboundCallRoute shows this at the beginning of the string: "{911:sp2},{933:sp2}," excluding the double quotes.

The 933:sp2 is what to look for here, If it's not there, I don't think you should add it manually because it's supposed to be inserted by the setup wizard, and if you're new to this you don't want to do expert mode digit map changes yet. The simple explanation is 911 and 933 both need explicit routing entries in the outbound call digit maps. In my case they just appeared at one point after I recreated the CC configuration (i,e., the setup wizard knew to create them). I noticed them and after reading something in CC's website was pleasantly surprised to see than 933 work as described, a voice reads back your address, i,e., a self test of 911.

Hope this helps,

heny

> From the ObiTalk DashBoard > Device Configuration > Phone Port Configuration Summary, confirm "Emergency Service Call Routes to:" SPx for both Phone 1 and Phone 2

In the ObiTalk DashBoard > Device Configuration, I could not find phone port configuration summary.

>PHONE Port >  OutboundCallRoute
In the PHONE Port >  OutboundCallRoute, I didn't find that string, I added {911:sp2},{933:sp2} at the beginning of the string, now 933 is working, it repeat my address correctly. However the phone number(631 area code) it say is not my callcentric 631 area code phone number. is this a concern that needs to check with callcentric?

also when I call 933, it has about 10 seconds silence before the ring tone starts, is it normal?

thanks!

Shale

Quote from: heny on June 27, 2013, 12:40:19 PM

>PHONE Port >  OutboundCallRoute
In the PHONE Port >  OutboundCallRoute, I didn't find that string, I added {911:sp2},{933:sp2} at the beginning of the string, now 933 is working, it repeat my address correctly. However the phone number(631 area code) it say is not my callcentric 631 area code phone number. is this a concern that needs to check with callcentric?

also when I call 933, it has about 10 seconds silence before the ring tone starts, is it normal?

I was going to suggest that heny modify the ITSP General DigitMap for his 911 provider to something like mine which is now this:
(933|*xx|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.)

That's alarming to me. I am thinking it should be something like
([2-9]11|933|*xx|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.)
The reason would be to cause 911 to not have to wait for the 10 second timeout. Is there something that I am missing, or should I be worried?

My existing string was put in by OBiTalk setup, and I have not overridden that field.

ianobi

QuoteIn the PHONE Port >  OutboundCallRoute, I didn't find that string, I added {911:sp2},{933:sp2}

Your addition is correct and means that 911 and 933 are routed directly from the Phone Port OutboundCall Route and do not require to be in the ITSP General DigitMap.

The problem here is that 911 is in the Phone Port DigitMap by default, but 933 is not. Simply add 933 to the Phone Port DigitMap:
([1-9]x?*@@.|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|933| etc ...

The ten second delay is caused by 933 having to be processed by an xx. rule in the PrimaryLine DigitMap as it is not matched in any other DigitMap.

For an OBi202 the changes should be made for both Phone Ports 1 & 2 OutboundCallRoutes and DigitMaps.

heny

Quote from: ianobi on June 27, 2013, 01:50:26 PM
QuoteIn the PHONE Port >  OutboundCallRoute, I didn't find that string, I added {911:sp2},{933:sp2}

Your addition is correct and means that 911 and 933 are routed directly from the Phone Port OutboundCall Route and do not require to be in the ITSP General DigitMap.

The problem here is that 911 is in the Phone Port DigitMap by default, but 933 is not. Simply add 933 to the Phone Port DigitMap:

The ten second delay is caused by 933 having to be processed by an xx. rule in the PrimaryLine DigitMap as it is not matched in any other DigitMap.

For an OBi202 the changes should be made for both Phone Ports 1 & 2 OutboundCallRoutes and DigitMaps.

I added 933 to the digitmap and seems shorten the delay to 3~4 seconds. I found an even quick way by dial 933#

thanks

CoalMinerRetired

Another way to do eliminate the daley is add "S0" (uppercase S + zero) after the 911 and 933, as in the below markup.  Explanation: S is CASE SENSITIVE. It should only be used either as the first element of a rule for hot/warm line implementation, or as the last element of a rule as a means of overriding the default interdigit timer.

([1-9]x?*@@.|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911S0|933S0| etc ...

Disclaimer, I've used this, but not currently or recently.

heny

Quote from: CoalMinerRetired on June 27, 2013, 03:22:51 PM

Another way to do eliminate the daley is add "S0" (uppercase S + zero) after the 911 and 933, as in the below markup.  Explanation: S is CASE SENSITIVE. It should only be used either as the first element of a rule for hot/warm line implementation, or as the last element of a rule as a means of overriding the default interdigit timer.

([1-9]x?*@@.|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911S0|933S0| etc ...

Disclaimer, I've used this, but not currently or recently.

Thanks for the tip.

rickame

I've gotten some good advice and will be making the leap, but am a little unclear how to set up Callcentric. I have a GV number set up on Obi100 as primary line for outgoing calls and incoming calls for folks calling GV number (on SP2 now). I want to port my landline to Callcentric (which is great since it can't be ported to GV), then have Callcentric for incoming calls to former landline number and for outgoing e911 calls. I assume that I should 'not' use the wizard that is linked from the Callcentric website, and just should configure on the ObiTalk site (as SPI) needing only the Callcentric number (my former landline) and password. Am I missing something, could it be this easy...Someone who knows please confirm as I don't want to mess with landline and access, my teen daughter would be upset:) Thanks....Rick

dircom

you can get an idea of CC setup, by getting a free CallCentric DID

and using Obitalk website to configure it.

heny

I followed instruction on this post and setup without problem. It worked ok. However recently I did noticed some delays when receiving calls. The symptom is that: sometimes when I picked up the phone, the other party continued to ring a couple seconds, so I didn't hear anything from the phone, usually I need waited a few seconds to see if other party connected. Very frustrated when this happen... What could be the possible issue? gmail side or callcentric side? Anyone has experience on how to fix it?

Thanks!