News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Callcentric and Google Voice Setup Guide (with CNAM)

Started by pc44, July 11, 2012, 11:10:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heishe

After purchasing me new number I went to CNAM and selecting forwarding and entered my google number and then went to personal and entered my name and hit save  I did not elect a extension . I just put in my google number

Heishe

I then went back to google voice and selected add another phone and put in my call centric number and it would not verify the number. Doesn't show up in call centric either. Obitalk device is still checked

SteveInWA

Sorry, that doesn't make any sense.  I have no idea what you did.

You need to do things correctly, in the correct order.

First, you need to set up the phone number on Callcentric's dashboard.  You need to go to the "Forwarding" tab, and set the number to forward to "Default" and save the setting.  You then need to go to the "Extensions" tab and  click "Modify" at the far right.  Then, edit the settings.  You must assign a SIP password to this default extension. The SIP password is whatever string of letters and numbers you enter, and it is NOT the same as your Callcentric account password.

SteveInWA

Well, that screenshot shows that the extension isn't registered on your OBi, so you've not set it up correctly.

Delete the SPx that you used for Callcentric.  Click on the SPx.  Decline the offer to set up Google Voice.  Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and click "OBiTALK Compatible Service Providers".  On the next page, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Callcentric.

On the next page, enter the Callcentric username (17778850423) and the SIP password you entered on the Callcentric page you posted.  Do not enter your Callcentric account password.  If you are not sure about the SIP password you entered, then enter a new one, twice, and save it on the Callcentric dashboard.  Submit the change on the OBiTALK page.

SteveInWA

OK.  You have Google Voice working on SP1 and Callcentric now working on SP2.

However, you didn't link the Callcentric phone number (NOT the 1777 number) to Google Voice as a forwarding number.

The overall concept here, is that you want to set up SP1 to be the default for OUTbound calls, and for calls to SP2 to ring your telephone.  In order for that to work, you have to forward the Google Voice number to the CC number by adding it to Google Voice.  You also have to tell Google Voice to not ring the SIP client, by removing the check mark to the left of it.

Use the NEW user interface, not the old "legacy" one.  https://voice.google.com/settings
Add and verify the CC number.  Use the verification by phone call method, not the text message method.  Check-mark the CC number on Google Voice settings.

Heishe

I finally got google to verify my call centric number.  It took several tries. Do I uncheck Obi device on the google voice settings and leave the forward number {call centric} checked?

SteveInWA

Yes, re-read my last post.  That is exactly what I told you to do.

Heishe

The calls are going thru find now but I am not getting calling ID with name. It just says unknown caller . This is true for several calls that have come in. What do you think is the problem?

SteveInWA

Go to Google Voice Settings:  https://voice.google.com/settings

DISABLE forwarding to your Google Voice number on the OBiTALK Device.

ENABLE forwarding to your Callcentric phone number.

If you don't see the SIP:xxxxxxxxx entry for your OBiTALK device, then go to the old, "Legacy" Google Voice settings page.

Heishe

When dial my call centric number my phone does not ring . The call goes into google voice mail after several rings. Somehow google is not forwarding its number to call centric ?

drgeoff

@Heishe

1. So now the whole world can know your GV number, your Callcentric number and your OBitalk number.

2.  Under the Callcentric number, click on Edit.  Then click on Show advanced settings.  Make sure the Ring Schedules are  what you want.

SteveInWA

Wait:

Never mind Google Voice for the moment -- you must get inbound calling to your Callcentric number working.

Call your Callcentric number (not your Google Voice number! from some other phone number.  Does it ring on your OBi-attached telephone?  If not, you can't move forward at all until that is fixed. 

Heishe

I just called my call centric number and yes my phone rings but no called id

Yes I know I probably should've blocked out my number, but really there is no privacy anymore .I'm currently dealing with a torn roto cuff and herniated cervicle disc so my wits so to speak are foggy I get bogus calls all the time just like most people . This is just the norm now. I never give my number out . Not when I order on line or other time and yet this scammers still obtain my number . If it does become a problem I can always change my number

drgeoff

Quote from: Heishe on January 23, 2019, 10:23:26 AM
Yes I know I probably should've blocked out my number, but really there is no privacy anymore .I'm currently dealing with a torn roto cuff and herniated cervicle disc so my wits so to speak are foggy I get bogus calls all the time just like most people . This is just the norm now. I never give my number out . Not when I order on line or other time and yet this scammers still obtain my number . If it does become a problem I can always change my number
You cannot change the Obitalk number except by getting another OBi device.

You can edit the post with that screenshot.  Click the Modify button and delete the image.

SteveInWA

For some dumb reason, Callcentric defaults to NOT sending caller ID to the attached phone(s) on inbound calls.  You need to enable it on your Callcentric dashboard.

Heishe

I'm on it. I just contacted them and asked them what is up with this BS . This is getting tedious .

They said they will look into it/

What harm does it do if someone possess my Obitalk number? 

I went back in and deleted my previous post earlier today .....opiates have a way of clouding your thinking lol!

SteveInWA

Well yeah, opiates will certainly impact cognitive ability... hence the warning to not sign any contracts or make any important decisions.

I already gave you the solution in my last post.  Go into your Callcentric dashboard and enable caller ID.  It is not on by default on new accounts.

Heishe

Well I had caller id with name for a total of two days . The error was on the call centric side . CS took care of it. Now like I mentioned I just get unknown number again. I contacted them again and inquired what went wrong. They asked me if I am forwarding my calls using Google Voice I told them I was and the reply was they do not support Google Voice I went into config page on Obi talk Obi 200 and I see sip Google Voice status says connect failed /no response ?

Well it worked fine for two days !

Anymore suggestions would be appreciated before I call it a day .

No I did not make any changes

Heishe

This is totally weird. I have my caller id with name back! I just went into device config and now I see Google voice sip 1 is now connected . Like I mentioned in my previous post it was not connected and said no response .

I haven't touched a thing . Like I said this I weird . Anybody have an explanation as to want happened?