News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

help 202 expert and google voice

Started by bjmjpl, July 13, 2012, 12:16:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bjmjpl

Hi all,

My goal:
forward my google voice messages to a better transcription service as the quality is so bad i repeatedly have to dl the message anyway and i have one paid for.

Well i read postings and learned how to attempt to do what i wanted.

My result:
i was able to forward the calls to this particular phone number after 3 rings and the transcription was great! was very excited after numerous attempts in the expert web config to get it working.
However - it did not come with original caller id as has been described before.  So after some thought and inability to figure out if i could get google voice to send me an email with every call not just missed calls i decided to revert back to the original way and suffer thru the transcription.

My problem:
after deleteing, resetting, reverting, rebooting and going back to default - i cannot get the obi to stop forwarding to the phone number??
How do i actually get this back to default - i dont even understand how it could be working as there is no longer any code in there...??

My ideal:
I would love to figure out how to forward to a transctiption service - i can send the phone call there or i can even email the mp3 but google doesnt do that either.  If anyone knows any creative solve i have been racking my brain and would be most grateful.

i would even take the caller id being my number everytime if i could get gv to send me an email with the caller id EVERY call not just "missed" calls

thx again for the great forum and the great help!

QBZappy

bjmjpl,

Quote from: bjmjpl on July 13, 2012, 12:16:24 PM
after deleteing, resetting, reverting, rebooting and going back to default - i cannot get the obi to stop forwarding to the phone number??
How do i actually get this back to default - i dont even understand how it could be working as there is no longer any code in there...??

Are you sure it is not GV forwarding the calls?

Quote from: bjmjpl on July 13, 2012, 12:16:24 PM
My ideal:
I would love to figure out how to forward to a transctiption service - i can send the phone call there or i can even email the mp3 but google doesnt do that either.  If anyone knows any creative solve i have been racking my brain and would be most grateful.

Call Forward should work like this:

Quote from: jimates on July 13, 2012, 09:22:53 AM
according to the admin guide, yes.

Call Forward ALL:  When you use Call Forward ALL, all calls are immediately forwarded to the number you indicate when you turn on the feature.  To enable Call Forward ALL, from a phone attached to the OBi, dial *72. You will be prompted to enter the number to which the calls will be forwarded. Dial the number plus the # key and a confirmation tone will be heard. To disable Call Forward ALL, dial *73.  A confirmation tone will be heard.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

bjmjpl

i did not do anything in google voice - only in the expert page on the obiportal for my device...and there is NO CODE anywhere as i even reset everything to default - i upgraded the firmware as well before i tried any of this

do these devices get stuck sometimes?

thx!

QBZappy

Can you try this simple thing first, and see what happens.
To disable Call Forward ALL, dial *73
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

bjmjpl

yes, and that did not do anything...same problem....

QBZappy

bjmjpl,

These links work on the OBi202
Insert these links one at a time in your browser. Replace the ip with your local OBi unit ip.
http://192.168.240.10/VS_1_VP_1_L_1_.xml (SP1 Service)
http://192.168.240.10/VS_1_VP_1_L_2_.xml (SP2 Service)
http://192.168.240.10/VS_1_VP_1_L_3_.xml (SP3 Service)
http://192.168.240.10/VS_1_VP_1_L_4_.xml (SP4 Service)

Looking at every one of the above mentioned links on the unit do you have any telephone number in the following section with any reference to call forwarding?

SPX Service->Calling Features->CallForwardUnconditionalEnable

The only configuration that matters is what you see in the unit. Any troubleshooting should be done there if possible.

jimates

However - it did not come with original caller id as has been described before.
I don't recall anyone ever saying a forwarded call could carry the caller id of the original call.

Only calls forwarded using the Obitalk Voice Service and carry a caller id from the original call. All others are forwarded as a new outbound call and must carry the caller id of the service used to forward the call.

Everything the Obi does is done local to the device.
Resetting to factory default using the pin hole on the bottom of the device will clear any previous configuration.
Deleting the device from the Obitalk account will remove any configuration from the portal (Obit expert).
You must do both to ensure a clean start.

bjmjpl

Quote from: jimates on July 13, 2012, 04:00:35 PM
However - it did not come with original caller id as has been described before.
I don't recall anyone ever saying a forwarded call could carry the caller id of the original call.

Yes, that is a bad sentence - i was saying that this problem has been described before and it indeed wont work...

bjmjpl

Quote from: jimates on July 13, 2012, 04:00:35 PM

Everything the Obi does is done local to the device.
Resetting to factory default using the pin hole on the bottom of the device will clear any previous configuration.
Deleting the device from the Obitalk account will remove any configuration from the portal (Obit expert).
You must do both to ensure a clean start.

i dont want to delete my device bec it took me a while to get my four diff phone numbers working correctly...and i really shouldnt have to - i will as a last resort but something must be wrong...

bjmjpl

Quote from: QBZappy on July 13, 2012, 02:57:42 PM
bjmjpl,

These links work on the OBi202
Insert these links one at a time in your browser. Replace the ip with your local OBi unit ip.
http://192.168.240.10/VS_1_VP_1_L_1_.xml (SP1 Service)
http://192.168.240.10/VS_1_VP_1_L_2_.xml (SP2 Service)
http://192.168.240.10/VS_1_VP_1_L_3_.xml (SP3 Service)
http://192.168.240.10/VS_1_VP_1_L_4_.xml (SP4 Service)

Looking at every one of the above mentioned links on the unit do you have any telephone number in the following section with any reference to call forwarding?

The only configuration that matters is what you see in the unit. Any troubleshooting should be done there if possible.

where is this section?

i dont see it in expert...

and interestingly i have checked and the device is at 192.168.1.107 and when i take my browser there it gives me a 404 not found...

is that the problem?

QBZappy

bjmjpl,

On the expert you can look here for all the CallForward numbers:

Return to OBi Dashboard

Return to OBi Expert Configuration Menu

Production Information
      Setup Wizard
     Status
      System Status
      Call Status
      SP1 & SP2 Stats
      PHONE Status
     System Management
      Network Setting
      Auto Provisioning
      Device Admin
     Service Providers
      ITSP Profile A General
      ITSP Profile A RTP
      ITSP Profile A SIP
      ITSP Profile B General
      ITSP Profile B RTP
      ITSP Profile B SIP
     Voice Service
      SP1 Service               <--- here
      SP2 Service               <--- here

Instead of confirming on the Expert web page, I would look inside the OBi unit itself. It is more obvious to see if something is out of place.

Voice Services->SP1/2 Service->Calling Features->
CallForwardUnconditionalEnable         
CallForwardUnconditionalNumber         
CallForwardOnBusyEnable         
CallForwardOnBusyNumber         
CallForwardOnNoAnswerEnable         
CallForwardOnNoAnswerNumber         
CallForwardOnNoAnswerRingCount

Are there any telephone numbers in any of these boxes?

jimates

Quote from: bjmjpl on July 13, 2012, 05:14:39 PM

where is this section?

i dont see it in expert...

and interestingly i have checked and the device is at 192.168.1.107 and when i take my browser there it gives me a 404 not found...

is that the problem?
You must turn on web access to the 202 (default is off)
diall ***0
enter 30# and change the value to "enabled"

bjmjpl

hi everyone!!

ok so thx to all for your help - am i missing like a basics document somewhere?

but i was able to finally login with the username admin and the password in my obi portal and the value were still there even though i had deleted them in expert

once i switched to default check box everything worked great immediately...

THANK YOU

so....not to get greedy but nobody has a solve to get my transccription service in the message path do they??

:)

QBZappy

bjmjpl,

How does the service work. Post a link to the web site. Is it simply forwarding to a different phone number? Now that you have cleared the previous CF phone number, can you just put in the phone number that you really want?

bjmjpl

www.phonetag.com

its great but when i forward gv doesnt send the original number - i would take it if gv would send me an email of which number called but they dont consider that a missed call even though the obi is forwarding it not gv which i find confusing...

and phonetag accepts an email with an mp3 attachment but gv deosnt do that either to my knowledge...

QBZappy

bjmjpl,

I just left myself a message on my GV number. You can setup your GV messages by clicking on the gear symbol in the top right when logged into your GV acct.
Voicemail Notifications    
Alert me when I have new voicemails
Email the message to: x@gmail.com

If that is setup, when you review the messages in GV I can see the CID and it allows me to download as an MP3. After clicking on the Play message, the download control is hidden in the "More" selection/tab (whatever you call it)

I have not looked at the other service that you have mentioned.

QBZappy

Quote from: bjmjpl on July 14, 2012, 10:30:50 AM

its great but when i forward gv doesnt send the original number

I think it does. GV forwards the call and allows you to choose to show either your GV number or the original calling number. If you introduce the OBi as another link in the chain, the original CID is lost. The OBi only carries the original CID to another OBi/OBiAPP, not to another service.

Therefore if you CF directly from GV to the transcription service, the original CID should pass.

bjmjpl

Quote from: QBZappy on July 14, 2012, 10:58:56 AM
bjmjpl,

I just left myself a message on my GV number. You can setup your GV messages by clicking on the gear symbol in the top right when logged into your GV acct.
Voicemail Notifications    
Alert me when I have new voicemails
Email the message to: x@gmail.com

If that is setup, when you review the messages in GV I can see the CID and it allows me to download as an MP3. After clicking on the Play message, the download control is hidden in the "More" selection/tab (whatever you call it)

I have not looked at the other service that you have mentioned.

oh i did not know that - it is very interesting...

however i would need gv to attach an mp3 to an email that i would automatically forward to the service to make it functional...i do this with ringcentral...

bjmjpl

Quote from: QBZappy on July 14, 2012, 11:15:49 AM
Quote from: bjmjpl on July 14, 2012, 10:30:50 AM

its great but when i forward gv doesnt send the original number

I think it does. GV forwards the call and allows you to choose to show either your GV number or the original calling number. If you introduce the OBi as another link in the chain, the original CID is lost. The OBi only carries the original CID to another OBi/OBiAPP, not to another service.

Therefore if you CF directly from GV to the transcription service, the original CID should pass.

well that i did not know, however i do need the phone to ring a few times to give me a chance to answer it first and only obi allows me that functionality, correct?

bjmjpl

Apparantly i had signed up for an ip freedom number not the free number...ahhhh....the things that grind you down for a couple days... :)

SUCCESS!!!!!

with the help of this forum i was able to:
gv with sp1 -
cc with totally free number on sp2
CNAME for my gv line with the free cc number
and....
have CC with their FREE VM pick up after 15 rings and collect the vm and send to my other transcription service an an mp3 attachment AND the original call number.

TOTAL SUCCESS!!!!!

only lingering issue is i can confirm the inconsistency with how many rings you receive which necessitated the drop to 15 seconds for CC to pick up the vm...sometimes it would catch with longer intervals and sometimes GV would...

thank you all again!