October 22, 2014, 05:13:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OBiON - Outgoing calls using SP2  (Read 8360 times)
FreeServiceForLife

« on: July 13, 2012, 06:47:05 pm »

When I place a call using OBiON, it defaults to using SP1.  When I dial **2 then the number, I get the AA instead of being connected using SP2 like when using the OBi100. 

Thanks,
QBZappy
Hero Member & Beta Tester

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 07:20:54 pm »

FreeServiceForLife,

Anytime you hit the AA it means that the calling number has been entered in the circle of trust. To avoid hitting the AA look for that number in the COT (or any inbound rules) and manually remove it from that list. On the OBi inbound rules it looks like this"
{number:aa}

Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street.
FreeServiceForLife

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 05:42:15 am »

FreeServiceForLife,

Anytime you hit the AA it means that the calling number has been entered in the circle of trust.

Thanks for the quick reply.  I do not have any entries in the circle of trust (is that a reference to Meet The Parents! Shocked )

So here is the scenario:

Launch OBiON:

1) Dial a 10 digit non-circle of trust number.  Call is placed successfully using SP1 (GV).
2) Press Speed Dial 2, connect to AA and press 2 to place a call.  Dial **2 and a 10 digit non-circle of trust number.  Call is placed successfully using SP2 (GV).
3) Dial **2 and a 10 digit non-circle of trust number.  Call is not placed successfully using SP2 (GV) and instead connected to AA.

So the question is how can I either default the OBiON to use SP2 on outgoing calls or use a prefix to dial using SP2 without having to go through the AA each time.  My OBiON app rings only for SP2 calls as I have set up the rules that way, so I'm looking for a way to get the outgoing calls to default to SP2 as well.

Thanks,
QBZappy

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 06:57:48 am »

2) Press Speed Dial 2, connect to AA and press 2 to place a call.  Dial **2 and a 10 digit non-circle of trust number.  Call is placed successfully using SP2 (GV).

Show us the digits used in the speed dial.

Is it configured in the OBi unit or the portal? Just curious, why are you dialing the speed dial to reach the AA? I suppose it is because dialing with the app is not reproducing the same results?

Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street.
Stewart

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 08:03:56 am »

What do you have in OBiTalk Service -> InboundCallRoute ?

QBZappy

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 11:37:52 am »

I just finished testing POTS->OBi110->OBi100 to confirm if CID would pass (BTW CID info of the original call passed after pressing 1 to continue this call). I am pretty sure that I removed any reference in the inbound rules including the OBiTalk Service -> InboundCallRoute. Everytime I called I hit the AA.

All the OBis and Obion APP are registered under the same acct. The only conclusion that I can come to is that the OBiTALK portal seems to override the local OBi unit setting for COT. If this is correct this would be the first time that I know of that the unit settings don't take precedence over the portal settings. The portal is supposed to download the configuration changes into the unit.

Unless I missed something, I don't think that the AA should come into play if it is not in any inbound call route.

Can anyone else reproduce this or the OP issue Obion APP hitting the AA?

QBZappy

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2012, 01:03:52 pm »

Never mind. I removed my overly complex inbound rules and managed to make a POTS->OBi110->OBi100 call without hitting the AA. The good news is that the CID passes. Therefore I can confirm that we can forward calls from one OBi to another OBi/OBiAPP while still preserving the CID of the originating call. The unit configuration is indeed in control at all times.

This can be useful for remote office->home or overseas calling.

jimates
OBi110 Beta Testers

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2012, 07:32:11 pm »

FreeServiceForLife,

Outgoing calls from the app should use SP2. Dialing **1......... will send the calls on SP1

put this in Voice Service -> Obitalk Service -> InboundCallRoute

{(Mcot)>(<:>(Msp2)),(Mcot)>(<:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(Mcot)>(<*1:>(Msp1)),(Mcot)>(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(Mcot)>(<*9:>(Mpp)),(Mcot)>(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mcot)>(Mpli):sp1},{(Mcot):aa},{ph}

Create a User Defined DigitMap named Cot and put your Obion softphone number in like this

(290123456)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: