News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Trusted callers aren't picked up by Auto attendant

Started by perfect710, July 14, 2012, 04:21:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perfect710

Hi, I just purchased the OBi 110, and set up with my VOIP service at Vocalocity(SP1) and Google voice(SP2). and no landline. After setting it up, it works fine with sending and receiving calls.

I aslo added my phone number to the trusted callers, because I want to make International calls with my SP1(Vocalocity) service. I called SP1 number using my cellphone, but it never picked up by the Auto attendant.

Let's say my phone number is 4425558888, and everytime I called SP1 number, CallerID on my home phone always shows 14425558888
Initially I added trusted number as 5558888 without chekcing the match. It didn't work.
Then I added 14425558888 with matching, it didn't work too.

I've looked over the form, and support, I played around with the X_InboundCallRoute for SP1, and changing the AnserDelay, but I could fix the problem.

Now, I confused, How would I set it up to be able to work with Auto Attendant. Am I setting it up in the wrong way? or how would I make it work?

Please advice, thanks.

QBZappy

perfect710,

Welcome,

Using the ip address returned by dialing ***1 on the phone attached to the Obi, tell us what you have in the X_InboundCallRoute in the following locations:

Voice Services
   SP1 Service <-here

Also look in the Call History and tell us what number shows up there:

Status
    System Status
    Call Status
    Call History <-here
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Stewart

Quote from: perfect710 on July 14, 2012, 04:21:21 PMI aslo added my phone number to the trusted callers, because I want to make International calls with my SP1(Vocalocity) service.
I'm curious why, because Vocalocity's rates seem really high.  If it's a matter of someone else footing the bill, perhaps they would be willing to get another account, if it would save them some money.  If it's just to send a specific caller ID, many providers will spoof a desired number, if you show that you own it.

Regarding the problem you posted, if SP1 is Vocalocity and SP2 is GV (and you're having trouble with an inbound call to SP1 recognizing your number and routing to AA), try setting it up so you call your GV number to get the AA, but its Primary Line is SP1, so you'll use Vocalocity for the outbound leg.