News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Voice Tone & Message Light Problems

Started by Tack, August 17, 2012, 04:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tack

I have an Obihai 110 set up at my home with both Google Voice and VOIP.MS and no problems.  However, in attempting to set up a new Google Voice account with an Obihai 100 at a vacation condo, I am experiencing some problems with voicemail.

I used the ObiTalk page to get Google Voice quickly set-up for the Obihai 100, and the outgoing calls work fine.  However, I cannot seem to make incoming voicemails notify correctly.  If I have the message-waiting setting activated on the device master config page (SP1), then, I get the stuttering dial tone and message-waiting light all the time, whether there are new messages or not.  If I turn off the message-waiting setting on Obihai 100 config page, then I get neither tome nor light, even when new messages are there. 

Can someone please get me straightened out?

Oh, and by the way, when I retrieve my Google Voicemails, it's advising that all are from "unknown caller" even though on my Google Voice Inbox, it shows the correct caller IDs.  Anybody have a clue on this one?

Thanks.

Tack

Thanks for reply.

Not sure that helps much.

I have the latest Obi100 firmware, but messgae light/tone is either always on or always off, depending on whether I have the message-waiting setting checked or unchecked.  This is a deal killer for me, regarding using Obi100 with Google or any other VOIP service, as having accurate voicemail-waiting indicators is mandatory.

Hope somebody can debug this.

Thanks.

Tack

Apparently not.  Config page shows 1.3.0 (Build 2712M).  ***6 says no updates available.

Is there file to download to update firmware?

Thanks.

P.S.  Is that build supposed to address the problem I mention, or is this just a further diagnostic experiment?

pc44

Quote from: Tack on August 17, 2012, 06:26:46 PMNot sure that helps much.

Quote from: Tack on August 18, 2012, 08:20:58 AMP.S.  Is that build supposed to address the problem I mention, or is this just a further diagnostic experiment?

Methinks you didn't read my first post in this thread. ;D  Take a look at this link again.  Another user reported a strikingly-similar issue to yours.  His was resolved by installation of firmware 1.3.0 Build 2719.  As the current posted firmware in the Obi Firmware Update Notification Thread for the Obi110 is the same for the Obi100, this same firmware could resolve your problem.  Your best option at this point is to contact Obihai support for the new firmware, as the user in the other thread suggests.

Hope it helps! :)
pc44

Tack

I skimmed too fast missed that comment about getting 2719 from support for obi100 and thought the fix was referring to obi202.

I'll try that.

Thanks.