News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Need a SIMPLE primer on Anveo e911

Started by Nedley, July 12, 2012, 10:52:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nedley

Hi.  I just set up Google Voice on SP1 of my Obi110.  Now, I'd like to set up SP2 to use Anveo's 911 service.  I need to know the absolute simplest way to do this, but every thread on the subject has a lot of complicated instructions that presume the reader knows a lot about navigating the configuration manager, which I don't. 

Can someone please help?  Would love it if this thread could serve as the Quick Start instructions for how to set up Anveo 911 service, so please, assume I know absolutely nothing.  Thanks! 

pc44

Hi Nedley,

Do you know how to perform the basic navigation, such as getting to the "Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B" section?  If so, we can try to walk you through the first setup steps.

pc44

jimates

Go to the Obitalk portal
click on the name for your device
click on the gear icon to the right of SP2
enter the info from the Anveo sip settings and check the "Use This Service for Emergency 911 Calls"

that is as simple as it gets.

Nedley

Thanks for the quick responses.

So I clicked on the gear to the right of SP2 and it took me to a page that's entitled "Configure Service Provider Accounts".  Below that title is a list of service providers, including Anveo, followed by a link entitled "Generic Service Provider", which is what Anveo's setup page says to use. 

I tried setting up using the "Anveo" link, then again using the "Generic Service Provider" link along with Anveo's recommended settings, and both times, the page returned the error code "Register Failed: 400 Bad From URI".

Is there something else I can try before I move on to the expert configuration mode? Will a factory restart help?

I wonder why this isn't as simple as setting up GV was.  Thanks again.   

jimates

I have 2 Obi's set up on Anveo.

In the Service Provider Configuration I have Anveo.com as the proxy server and then the username and password from Anveo.

In the Expert Configuration also check
Voice Service SP2 -> X_ServProvProfile. It should be set for B
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B General -> SignalingProtocol. It should be set for SIP

Nedley

Okay, that seemed to work!  SP2 now shows as registered, and my Anveo e911 ID information is all set up.  Now, how do I go about getting Anveo to place a test call to confirm that this line actually works?

Thanks again.