News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Old Movies, European Countries and Ring Cadence

Started by CoalMinerRetired, July 20, 2012, 08:15:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoalMinerRetired

Now that I'm getting familiar with the Obi202's capabilities, whenever I see an old movie with European locations in it, I pay attention to the ring cadence of the telephones. And then I want to try it on my Obi202.

Yesterday it was "From Russia With Love". Near the very end of the movie, Sean Connery and Daniela Bianchi are in a hotel room in Italy. The phone in their room rings, two very quick rings with a very short pause in between, and then a longer pause. Repeat.

I know how to set the Obi's ring cadence, and how to assign to a SP profile. The hard part is guessing the exact timing of the ring cadence.  Does their exist somewhere: A list of standard/typical/normal ring cadences by country? Better yet by country and by year (it sounds like the rings in the movies are obsolete)?  

Lastly, is there a way to test and hear the cadence timing sequence via some online utility, prior to editing and rebooting the Obi device each time one tries a new sequence?

QBZappy

CoalMinerRetired,

This might help:

How to find out the frequencies and cadence of tones (eg Disconnect tones)
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3515.0
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.