News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Setting Up Conditional Call Forwarding

Started by peacefrogs, July 17, 2012, 11:25:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimates

There should normally be no problem in handling the call the way you want. Is call waiting also enabled for the phone port?

peacefrogs

QuoteThere should normally be no problem in handling the call the way you want. Is call waiting also enabled for the phone port?
I'm not sure how to set that up. Yes, we get beeps in the ear when a call comes in and I'm on the phone, but the incoming call is still going to Google Voicemail and not being forwarded.

jimates

Ok.

As long as call waiting is enabled on the phone port, there will be no "busy" status to trigger the call forwarding unless you have two calls active at the same time.

As for call forward no answer, how many rings do you have set for forwarding. Google voice is going to pick up after 4 rings, which could possibly only be 3 on the Obi.

QBZappy

peacefrogs,

Quote from: peacefrogs on July 19, 2012, 10:26:36 AM
we get beeps in the ear when a call comes in and I'm on the phone, but the incoming call is still going to Google Voice mail and not being forwarded.

This is the 2nd GV voice channel at work. I can think of the following 2 different things that you might want to try. By now you are familiar with the location of the OBi settings:

A)
CallForwardOnNoAnswerEnable = Ck mark
CallForwardOnNoAnswerNumber = VM tel number
CallForwardOnNoAnswerRingCount = 1

MessageWaiting =?
(I'm not sure if this need to be enabled or disabled. You may need to try both ways)

OR something completely different from anything else that we have tried.

B)
1) MaxSessions =1
2) Diable all CF numbers from the OBi and use GV to handle the CF using this approach.

I'm not sure how GV handles this setting. There are pros and cons in doing it this way.

Pro: 2nd GV calls should be forwarded by GV to your VM service if the line is being used in a call or off hook (I think)

Con: You can't make 3 way calls on the same SP trunk, since GV offers 2 voice channels. However a work around would be to use the second SP trunk to make the 3 way call.

Of course you loose the call waiting feature. It might be useful to know there is another incoming call and you know that you can pick it up later in the VM. I think another work around for this is to have the OBi fork the call to the SP2 trunk/OBitalk and have the OBi CF features set up only on the SP2/OBitalk trunks.

It's getting a little complicated, I know. Believe me it is no where as complicated as some of the set ups that RonR or others have successfully implemented.

Good Luck!
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

peacefrogs

Okay, thanks to you guys helping me!

I changed the settings just now and ran a test. Right now I've got:

MaxSessions: 1
CallForward on NoAnswer: Enabled
Call Forward on Busy: Enabled
Call Forward No Answer Ring Count: 1

I called into the work number so that it would be occupied and then called it from another phone. The second incoming call rang a few times and then went into our general GV mailbox.

QBZappy

Quote from: peacefrogs on July 19, 2012, 01:25:45 PM
MaxSessions: 1
CallForward on NoAnswer: Enabled
Call Forward on Busy: Enabled
Call Forward No Answer Ring Count: 1

I called into the work number so that it would be occupied and then called it from another phone. The second incoming call rang a few times and then went into our general GV mailbox.

I assume you also got the call waiting beeps when you said "The second incoming call rang a few times and then went into our general GV mailbox."

You know how these things are. Everything is in the details. You've made a lot of changes. You may need to go back to some previous configuration state, so that you may evaluate the incremental differences of every change that you make.

It is not clear what is handling the CF in that setup. Is the the OBi or GV?

As jimates suggested disable the CallWaitingEnable switch in the OBi either by using the phone star code, or in the OBi itself at:
*57  Disable Call Waiting                                                              <--Star Code using the phone
Physical Interfaces->PHONE Port->Calling Features->CallWaitingEnable <-- Disable this in the OBi

Test it now.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

jimates

The exclamation mark means that the current value in the field is not managed by Obitalk (and of course is not the default setting).