News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Disable numbers

Started by JohnBoy, July 18, 2012, 10:02:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnBoy

Hi,

I'd like to disable outgoing calls to certain #s,  such as 1-900.   Any pointers?  Thanks in advance.

JohnBoy

I suppose one could just redirect to the physical port,  as in the 911 method,  if one has a dead loop line there...

Felix

Fairly easy with DigitMap in Physical interfaces -> Phone. In fact, if there is no route matching 1-900, the call will not go through. Or you can explicitly put !1900x. and all calls starting with 1900 will be barred (see Admin guide, p. 169 for more details

JohnBoy

So "RTFM."    Thank you!  I'll check the manual there.  Remapping (different part of manual) didn't work for me (so far).

jimates

Example:  To block calls to area codes 900 & 976

Create a user defined digit map named "abc"
Enter this as the abc digit map   (1900xxxxxxx|900xxxxxxx|1976xxxxxxx|976xxxxxxx)

Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port -> X_OutboundCallRoute
add this to the front of the call route, be sure to include the comma      {(Mabc):},

With this rule, anything matching the entries in the abc digit map will get the "there is no service....." message.
Add any area codes you wish to block to the "abc digit map. Make sure you use the separator.

BLANK

hello everyone
I have tried and read the above post about disabling nmbers but it is NOT working for me.any help anyone?
I want to block ALL outgoing calls to country code 225 and 241 here is my digitmap
I Created a user defined digit map named "abc"
I have Entered  this as the abc digit map  (2259xxxxxxx|9xxxxxxx|241xxxxxxxx|241xxxxxxxx) 6xxxxxxx|976xxxxxxx)

Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port -> X_OutboundCallRoute
I have added this to the front of the call route,  including the comma      {(Mabc):},

"I should be getting there is no service ......message but i am not the call is going thru"
please help

With this rule, anything matching the entries in the abc digit map will get the "there is no service....." message.
Add any area codes you wish to block to the "abc digit map. Make sure you use the separator.

pc44

Hi Blank,

I think you have a possible problem here:
(2259xxxxxxx|9xxxxxxx|241xxxxxxxx|241xxxxxxxx) 6xxxxxxx|976xxxxxxx)

Try removing the parentheses and the space after it, and try using the vertical pipe | instead.  Also, count the number of x's to make sure they are right for each outbound scenario.

pc44

BLANK

Hi  PC44
thanks so much for your reply;actually it was my mistake the way it is entered is like so:
(2259xxxxxxx|9xxxxxxx|241xxxxxxxx|241xxxxxxxx)  with 229 been the country code 9xxxxxxx being the number.
counting them does the count it is an 8 digit total including the 9.
Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port -> X_OutboundCallRoute  is entered like this:
{(Mabc):},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(Mpli):pli},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp

can you please confirm that it is the proper way?
thanks again

BLANK

Please note that I have PSTN  set up as  Primary Line (as opposed to phone?in the thread?)
cheers

jimates

I compared your Phone OCR to mine. Your route has the same rules, just in a different order.

Your listed call route is not closed on the end with a )

Try this

{(Mabc):},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}